Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Simpsons season?
Season 5
Season 14
Season 22
Season 30
I cannot choose; they are all perfection
View Results

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

which season of the Simpsons was the peak

I demand a solid answer. they have avoided this pressing issue for too drat long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

im sweating a ton and really freaking out hard about this rn. im about to do something crazy. this poo poo is fuckdd up! idk what is about to happen, but its not going to be good. mods better loving answer.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Futurama :grin:

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

BIG TIT LIL NIP posted:

im sweating a ton and really freaking out hard about this rn. im about to do something crazy. this poo poo is fuckdd up! idk what is about to happen, but its not going to be good. mods better loving answer.

they loving better.
the community has had enough of their waffling.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

it's 7

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

That checks out given their other predilections.

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
7 and then it drops a little, slips a little more, then drops like a continental shelf

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

It’s season 8. Not a mod or admin, but that’s just a fact :colbert:

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Oh yeah cos you are a mod thanks for helping pal

^^^oh loving hell

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Nooner posted:

:owned:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

SRQ posted:

which season of the Simpsons was the peak

I demand a solid answer. they have avoided this pressing issue for too drat long.

Someone did a thread about this years ago. Or a front page article. It was something about how they knew the simpsons better than you so you should listen to their opinion. Pretty compelling argument I think.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Are you kidding? If you never come to a conclusion you can ride the Simpsons evaluation junket gravy train for life.

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer
It's the one with You Only Move Twice, hth.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Rahu posted:

It's the one with You Only Move Twice, hth.

You Are A Elf posted:

It’s season 8. Not a mod or admin, but that’s just a fact :colbert:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Nooner posted:

:hmmyes:

See this mods? This is how it’s done.

Nooner for mod 2022!

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Simpsons Schmimpsons!

I demand to know which the mods think of Weekend at Bernies, or Weekend at Bernies II was the superior film.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Futurama is better than the Simpsons, Disenchantment is awesome. Simpsons I am alright with maybe til like season 12 to, like, at a push, 14? But that's a helluva push.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

regardless of the answer it's sooner than you think

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xc8foK41qmo

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
I recently started rewatching the Simpsons from the beginning. I had forgotten how excellent the early seasons were. I noticed a very subtle decrease in quality and increase in zany plots in Season 5. Some goon informed me that there was actually a showrunner change between Season 4 and 5 that explains the shift.

As a lifelong watcher of the Simpsons I always considered Seasons 7 and 8 as my favorites. However, when I started rewatching the series from the very beginning, I got really caught up in the charm of the first few seasons.

Homer is a really different character in the early seasons. Back then he was a grouchy, lazy guy who just wanted to be left alone. Big contrast with the “Jerkass Homer” character he eventually turned into.

One of my favorite episodes as a kid was Homer’s Enemy. But jumping to that episode after spending a lot of time in the first 4 Seasons, it’s definitely Jerkass Homer territory. Maybe now that I’m an adult, I just identify with a grouchy guy who wants to be left alone more than a bafoonish cartoon character (my name is Bloodfart McCoy and I love pee-pee and pop-poo jokes).

I haven’t made it to Season 7 on my rewatch yet, but I’m almost there. I really think I’ll end up considering the best episodes in Seasons 3 and 4.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
I liked the seasons animated by the rugrats people. Looks janky as gently caress

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
5 or 7

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

syntaxfunction posted:

Disenchantment is awesome.

Please don't spread misinformation.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Saalkin posted:

Please don't spread misinformation.

You can't stop me, you never could stop me.

Disenchantment is a great show, there, I'll say it. Ya broke brained, goofy eye looking motherfucker wouldn't know a good show if it imprinted itself on your designer Google Glasses (gen 1). You're the sort of motherfucker that thinks Family Guy had heart in season one. You're the goddamn head dented moron who thinks She-Ra is a show adults should watch.

You're exactly what's wrong with the modern entertainment industry ya fucken maroon, in that you don't agree with those in the right, that is ie me, the right one, the one with the good opinions, you Op-ed writer piece of poo poo.

Nah for reals I like the show but I get why people don't.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Season 27

I haven't watched the Simpsons in years but all I know is the longer a show is on the better quality it is!

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

That one season where all the characters' pupils were twice the size, that was the peak I think

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
They - and you - will all be tossed in to Gehenna, OP.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
The Simpsons peak has yet to come.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

I stopped watching around Season 10, I think.

When did Maude Flanders die? That's about the time I stopped watching it

Giraffe
Dec 12, 2005

Soiled Meat
Season 4 is so much better than Season 5 you’d have to be a grade A moron not to see it.

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

simpsons peaked on page 411 of the gbs thread

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Dell_Zincht posted:

I stopped watching around Season 10, I think.

When did Maude Flanders die? That's about the time I stopped watching it

That was one of the most confounding episodes of tv I’ve ever seen

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

syntaxfunction posted:

You can't stop me, you never could stop me.

Disenchantment is a great show, there, I'll say it. Ya broke brained, goofy eye looking motherfucker wouldn't know a good show if it imprinted itself on your designer Google Glasses (gen 1). You're the sort of motherfucker that thinks Family Guy had heart in season one. You're the goddamn head dented moron who thinks She-Ra is a show adults should watch.

You're exactly what's wrong with the modern entertainment industry ya fucken maroon, in that you don't agree with those in the right, that is ie me, the right one, the one with the good opinions, you Op-ed writer piece of poo poo.

Nah for reals I like the show but I get why people don't.

I like it too

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Which season is Goku?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Geemer posted:

Which season is Goku?

Wow you must be really deep into Simpsons because I was going to say wrong show but googled to double check and he's in a comic from 2018! He was in "Future Cop!"

https://simpsonswiki.com/wiki/Goku

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

Nooner posted:

:agreed:

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
Was the movie any good? I stopped watching just before the movie came out.

I happened to randomly catch a recent-ish episode a few months back, it was a halloween special and those are always good. It wasn't, it was actually pretty bad. Also marge's voice actor sounds so goddamn old now poor lady they're still dragging her to work on this poo poo. I think the episode had all the simpsons characters as turkeys during the pioneer days?

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Julie Kavner is over 70. How should she sound?

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

If there's one thing stopping me from watching new Simpsons (there are a ton of things but this is the single worst) it's Marge's terrible voice. Yeah they probably couldn't replace Kavner even if they wanted to, but the real answer would have been to end the show before it physically destroys the actors' voiceboxes.

Anyway voted 22

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

I recently started rewatching the Simpsons from the beginning. I had forgotten how excellent the early seasons were. I noticed a very subtle decrease in quality and increase in zany plots in Season 5. Some goon informed me that there was actually a showrunner change between Season 4 and 5 that explains the shift.

As a lifelong watcher of the Simpsons I always considered Seasons 7 and 8 as my favorites. However, when I started rewatching the series from the very beginning, I got really caught up in the charm of the first few seasons.

Homer is a really different character in the early seasons. Back then he was a grouchy, lazy guy who just wanted to be left alone. Big contrast with the “Jerkass Homer” character he eventually turned into.

One of my favorite episodes as a kid was Homer’s Enemy. But jumping to that episode after spending a lot of time in the first 4 Seasons, it’s definitely Jerkass Homer territory. Maybe now that I’m an adult, I just identify with a grouchy guy who wants to be left alone more than a bafoonish cartoon character (my name is Bloodfart McCoy and I love pee-pee and pop-poo jokes).

I haven’t made it to Season 7 on my rewatch yet, but I’m almost there. I really think I’ll end up considering the best episodes in Seasons 3 and 4.

Same here OP. I just watched the Maggie origin episode in season 6 in my rewatch and I am really thinking my answer might be season 4. My favorite episode is You Only Move Twice though so who knows.

You Only Move Twice was especially mythical in my family as the episode that never came back around on the daily reruns. Looking back now as an adult (that knows it's in season 8) I guess the local affiliate were probably only re-airing seasons 1-7. A lot of other season 8 episodes look like poo poo to me in reading the wiki also

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
The Critic