Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Deki posted:

So you know how Darklord Manadu offered up a thousand bloodstones for any minion or henchman who could turn one of the Paladins of Iotharr.

Well my buddy Urgik, he misunderstood what he meant by "Turned", and walked up to one of the invading Paladins and started hitting on him.

We all had a good laugh about it at the time, but they do make a good couple...

Did Urgik get the reward? That would be good pr for any Dark Lord if he did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
So we're going to liberate the halflings from the tyranny of the Thanes?

That's right.

Did we need to bring an army of 10000 battle hardened uruks to do that?

It's about sending a message.

What about the death sorcerers?

Punctuation.

And the dragons?

Emphasis.

naem
May 29, 2011

spacetoaster posted:

gently caress this bullshit. Why are we even guarding this dumbass back gate? Nobody ever comes back here.

it’s not all bad- one time an arrow flew at us and stuck into the wall- WHAT WAS THAT we all said, going to look of course at the arrow and not the direction it came from

we both faced the wall and turned our body back and forth, really scanning that wall for clues. Like full 180 degree turns, really analyzing.

MUST HAVE BEEN THE WIND said the guy next to me.

we went back to our posts.

Some guy crab walked right past us but we was crouching so we didn’t say anything (wouldn’t want to be rude)

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

So I changed Dark Lords. Didn't do much. After the big bossmam was turned into a malevolent shade of himself after losing his artifacts of power all the big lieutenants started a civil war. Bog'luk ended up absorbing my division, thing is looting Tax season is coming up and I never got mailed a new w2 after the Civil War stopped. Also I was due a bonus from the old dark lord, do we still get taxxed on that. Also ive been working 2 nights a week as a cursed lake ferryman, what scrolls do I need to fill out for that?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Did you just see that?! Did you see that scumfucker Turlig just straight up kill-stealing my duel rival and waving his severd head around like he did it all by himself?!
If Turlig gets promoted for this shenanigan I am taking my sword and terrorsteed and going home!

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

Last hp is the only one that counts

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Have you read this pamphlet?

The one for new recruits? I skimmed it. Why?

It says here "Amazing opportunities for advancement".

Right. So?

How long have we been guards at this gloomy fortress for? 200? 220 years now?

Sounds about right. Old Logdash has been here since the second age.

You see what I'm getting at though? Where the advancement? Everyone's been doing the same job at the same rank for the past 500 years.

Well, as soon as a position opens they always hire internally.

Yes but the only time a position opens up is when someone dies and whenever someone dies Zurak just necromancers them back to life with their old job at their old pay.

'Spose you're right.

Which brings me to my second point: Who're the loving pamphlets for?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

What you gotta do if you're ambitious is get yourself a 'face buddy', you take care of removing anyone and anything standing in your bud's way and they put an acceptable twist on this whole scheme of mayhem and surgically precise assassination.

What? You need a face buddy in order to both separate them from all the murder and also to draw all the counter-assasination attempts to themselves.
You don't need people gunning for you when you're busy being the power behind the throne.

And if your darling face buddy starts getting too big for the crown well, there's plenty of charismatic idiots around.

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

im undead

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

but are you gay?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Deki posted:

So you know how Darklord Manadu offered up a thousand bloodstones for any minion or henchman who could turn one of the Paladins of Iotharr.

Well my buddy Urgik, he misunderstood what he meant by "Turned", and walked up to one of the invading Paladins and started hitting on him.

We all had a good laugh about it at the time, but they do make a good couple...
Some rear end in a top hat necromancers went and raised my skeleton with me still all alive and wearing him as a joke. We had the last laugh though, we've been together six happy years now and also we murdered them.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Is meat back on the menu yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

Applewhite posted:

Is meat back on the menu yet?

yeah but it’s Kevin.