Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Canadian_GeeZus
Jul 21, 2002

P.E.I is for lovers.
I literally just found out Lowtax shot himself.

I moved on from here a long time ago as many of us old fucks did but I'll be honest, reading this news randomly today hurt.

Anyway, hope everyone is doing well, RIP Lowtax

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Lowtax was a piece of poo poo op. I'm sorry your perception of him is about to be shattered into a million pieces.

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

wait til you find out what else he did.

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

we all had our moral issues about the death of an rear end in a top hat last year you can find around
but tl;dr he sucked and it's tragic he never had the will to better himself, and so had died at his worst.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 10 minutes!
wb

Pastel Candy Snake
Sep 6, 2018

by Hand Knit
Who the gently caress is Lowtax

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
His mom died like 3 days ago

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

I'd like to link you to a single thread, but for a summary of what went down you could do worse than this Vice article.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Huh I remember you tbh

Welcome back pal you got a lot to catch up on

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Lol

Canadian_GeeZus
Jul 21, 2002

P.E.I is for lovers.
to clarify, I did know of his more recent history and it's absolutely brutal. I honestly feel bad for feeling bad, he was clearly a really troubled person who did terrible things.

jesus, I had SA hoodies , tshirts and got into comedy because of the poo poo I saw on SA. Fragmaster, who I also worshipped, got the sentiment across well in his video.

just sad that's all, nothing more.

Canadian_GeeZus
Jul 21, 2002

P.E.I is for lovers.

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Huh I remember you tbh

Welcome back pal you got a lot to catch up on

haha, nice! I remember joining the forums in 2001 and feeling like I had already missed the boat.

and if I'm being honest I spent way to long tonight before posting on to GBS....the Gold to shitpost stress was real. Still is....I'm stressed out right now as a 47 year old. Hope all is well man:)

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Canadian_GeeZus posted:

I moved on from here a long time ago as many of us old fucks did but I'll be honest, reading this news randomly today hurt.

RIP, indeed

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

OP, I know what you mean. Not much was said by me after the news broke out, because I felt so terrible. I took a long walk. We chatted a lot online, shared music, and other funny stuff. It sucks that all my messages are now gone on FB Messenger with him, but maybe that's for a really good reason to protect his family, ex's, etc.

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard
It's ok to feel bad that Lowtax died. Him dying didn't bring any good into the world or fix any of the harm he had done. He was a lovely person with a lot of problems, but he still helped make something of real value and that's more than most people can say. Who knows what he could have done if he had tried to help others instead of wallowing in self hate. Deserved though it was.

Canadian_GeeZus
Jul 21, 2002

P.E.I is for lovers.

LOLerskates

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

Canadian_GeeZus posted:

to clarify, I did know of his more recent history and it's absolutely brutal. I honestly feel bad for feeling bad, he was clearly a really troubled person who did terrible things.

jesus, I had SA hoodies , tshirts and got into comedy because of the poo poo I saw on SA. Fragmaster, who I also worshipped, got the sentiment across well in his video.

just sad that's all, nothing more.

I should add that one of his exes relayed a message to the forums that spoke more fondly of Rich in sharp contrast to opinions of people that never really knew him.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Canadian_GeeZus posted:

haha, nice! I remember joining the forums in 2001 and feeling like I had already missed the boat.

and if I'm being honest I spent way to long tonight before posting on to GBS....the Gold to shitpost stress was real. Still is....I'm stressed out right now as a 47 year old. Hope all is well man:)

I think we're all stressed

GBS is definitely different than the old days, but it's still a great place to :justpost:

Not that I'm biased or anything ;) hope you stick around!

Canadian_GeeZus
Jul 21, 2002

P.E.I is for lovers.

Uncle Enzo posted:

It's ok to feel bad that Lowtax died. Him dying didn't bring any good into the world or fix any of the harm he had done. He was a lovely person with a lot of problems, but he still helped make something of real value and that's more than most people can say. Who knows what he could have done if he had tried to help others instead of wallowing in self hate. Deserved though it was.

Well said....it's not that I knew him, but if I'm being honest he did help shape the person I am in a small way. That running Pig avatar was the coolest poo poo on the Internet ever and I wished to be that cool, I think he flamed me one time and I was on cloud 9 that he even knew who I was. it's just weird to me, that's all.

ProfessorMarvel
Jan 6, 2021

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Canadian_GeeZus posted:

He's kinda like Arthas from WoW but with more Xanax and foot fetish

Canadian_GeeZus
Jul 21, 2002

P.E.I is for lovers.

Good Sphere posted:

I should add that one of his exes relayed a message to the forums that spoke more fondly of Rich in sharp contrast to opinions of people that never really knew him.

yeah I read one she posted, very nice of her and made the point for sure. We are all flawed for different reasons:(

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

Uncle Enzo posted:

Droning in self-hate, without focus on things that are actually important, is more common than you might think, and it happens very quickly depending on your life's circumstances. People can attribute the irresponsibility of not considering his children with the decision to end his life, but in reality those considerations often disappear with severe depression. I don't think he was deserving of that choice, and probably would not have done it if he could think more clearly.

Canadian_GeeZus posted:

yeah I read one she posted, very nice of her and made the point for sure. We are all flawed for different reasons:(

Glad you found it.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Spinz posted:

Huh. It always seemed like she was his biggest enabler.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Always nice to see some olds around the office

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
the real tragedy was losing screamy at that time

:screamy:

pour one out for screamy

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
Hell Gem
Rip Grandma

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5RZ8k6iQik

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Omfg

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Canadian_GeeZus posted:

..I'm stressed out right now as a 47 year old. Hope all is well man:)

Welcome
:wink:

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015

Spinz posted:

Wow. That's sad.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
The good news is that my mom is OK.

TheSpamalope
Dec 30, 2008

by sebmojo
Lipstick Apathy
Everyone liked tax til they learned he was bad/evil

TheSpamalope
Dec 30, 2008

by sebmojo
Lipstick Apathy
Iykwim

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Haha what the gently caress

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

This is so uncomfortable I might dissolve

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Booty Pageant posted:

the real tragedy was losing screamy at that time

:screamy:

pour one out for screamy

Yeah, but we had the Cool World thread to keep our spirits up :)

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

i dont understand the world around me anymore ):

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

lowtax had to go so jeffrey could clear the final obstacle to a posting tax. just you wait, it's coming. you'll see.

TheSpamalope
Dec 30, 2008

by sebmojo
Lipstick Apathy
Nothin was ever the same after the Battle of Krusty Grill. Irregardless, I digest...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Arthas also recently died.

He was already regular-dead, but now he is super, extra, double-triple-his-soul-is-gone-forever-and-we-will-never-ever-ever-ever-do-callbacks-to-this-character-again dead now. It was the conclusion of a very dumb storyline everyone hated that never even really brought him "back". RIP.