Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Total Extreme Warfare 2020 is a pro wrestling booking simulator, but you should know the ins and outs of it from the other ongoing LP here. BTF is doing a good job working with the Cornellverse and I don't want to step on his toes, so I'm going in the opposite direction - we're going to play using a real-world mod in the most interesting of times: 2004.

Ruthless Aggression? What's that?

World Wrestling Entertainment, as it was known in 2004 (the initials WWE are now orphaned), had won the wrestling wars and acquired their chief rivals of the past few years, WCW and ECW. Now the undisputed number one wrestling promotion in the world, WWE had to work to keep people tuning in to their now-unopposed programming. To give the illusion of competition, their two flagship programs became their own 'brands', with their own roster of wrestlers and championship belts to promote: WWE Raw (on Spike TV) and WWE SmackDown! (on UPN).

"Stone Cold" Steve Austin had wrestled his last match and the Rock wouldn't wrestle again for about another decade. Future movie stars John Cena and Dave Bautista were still being built up to become top talent. In the meantime, WWE still had to put on 4 TV shows a week of programming, not including monthly pay-per-views. This is where you come in.

What do you mean, where I come in? I thought you were playing this!

Oh, but you see, I'm playing Vince McMahon. While McMahon has always been the final say in WWE, it's the multitude of writers who actually write the show. YOU are going to try and put on the better show, given the resources. Much like the video games before 2K got the license, it's SmackDown! vs. Raw. Pick a side, we're at war!

How will this work?

The mod starts in January, 2004. Both Raw and SmackDown! writers will get their own Google Document to write their shows, which will then be run by TEW. There will be competitions to determine match placement at big-4 pay-per-view events (WrestleMania, SummerSlam, Survivor Series, and the Royal Rumble) and call up developmental wrestlers, among other opportunities.

Can we hire...?

No. At the time, WWE was more interested in the Gene Snitskys and Heidenreichs of the world than the CM Punks and Brian Danielsons. That would change in a few years, but I'm trying to be historically accurate in terms of WWE. For the record, here are the respective rosters for Raw and SmackDown! at the start of the mod:

Raw (airs live Mondays) / Heat (tapes before Raw, airs Sundays)

Al Snow – Sunday Night Heat color commentator
Batista (World Tag-Team Champion)
Booker T
Bubba Ray Dudley
Chris Jericho
Christian
D-Von Dudley
Eric Bischoff – General Manager
Gail Kim
Garrison Cade
Goldberg
Jacqueline
Jazz
Jerry Lawler – Monday Night Raw color commentator
Jim Ross – Monday Night Raw Play-by-play
Jon Heidenreich
Johnathan Coachman – Sunday Night Heat Play-by-play
Kane
Lance Storm
Lita
Mark Henry
Mark Jindrak
Matt Hardy
Maven
Mick Foley
Molly Holly (WWE Women’s Champion)
Randy Orton (WWE Intercontinental Champion)
René Duprée
Ric Flair (World Tag-Team Champion)
Rico
Rob Conway
Rob Van Dam
Rodney Mack
Rosey
Scott Steiner
Shawn Michaels
Spike Dudley
Stacy Keibler
Stevie Richards
Sylvain Grenier
Test
The Hurricane
Triple H (World Heavyweight Champion)
Trish Stratus
Val Venis
Victoria
William Regal

SmackDown! (tapes Tuesdays, airs Thursdays) / Velocity (tapes before SmackDown!, airs Saturdays)

Akio
A-Train
Bill DeMott – Velocity Color commentator
Billy Gunn
Billy Kidman
Bradshaw
Brock Lesnar (WWE Champion)
Charlie Haas
Chavo Guerrero, Jr.
Chris Benoit
Chuck Palumbo
Danny Basham (WWE Tag-Team Champion)
Dawn Marie
Doug Basham (WWE Tag-Team Champion)
Eddy Guerrero
Edge
Funaki
Hardcore Holly
Jamie Noble
John Cena
Johnny Stamboli
Josh Matthews – Velocity Play-by-play
Kanyon
Kurt Angle
Matt Morgan
Michael Cole – SmackDown! Play-by-play
Nidia
Nunzio
Orlando Jordan
Paul Heyman – General Manager
Paul London
Rey Mysterio (WWE Cruiserweight Champion)
Rhyno
Rikishi
Ron Simmons
Sakoda
Scotty 2 Hotty
Shaniqua
Shannon Moore
Shelton Benjamin
Spanky
Tajiri
Tazz – SmackDown! Color commentator
The Big Show (WWE United States Champion)
The Undertaker
Torrie Wilson
Ultimo Dragon
Zack Gowen

It's time to choose. Raw or SmackDown?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen