Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I got a sinus infection like more than two weeks ago and I still have a tickle in my throat and keep coughing. Now the back of my head hurts from some weird tension headache thing because I keep coughing. The pleghm that comes up is clear and healthy and not yellow and thick like it was two weeks ago. When do I stop coughing. I haven't been to the gym or cycled for two weeks because I keep busting up coughs up out my esophagus. When does a sinus infection cough tend to go away. Please pray for me at the Church this Sunday serivce (upcoming Sunday March 20th)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

You can also Venmo me

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

i have the exact same experience after having covid. all symptoms gone but still coughing up clear phlegm, cool

btw i'm going to be watching race cars on sunday instead

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

i have the exact same experience after having covid. all symptoms gone but still coughing up clear phlegm, cool

btw i'm going to be watching race cars on sunday instead

It's not COVID because the test said it wasn't and it's been the exact same as the other sinus infections I've had before, including me not stop coughing, but I can't remember when the coughing stopped before.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

try consulting teh oracle?

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

try consulting teh oracle?

I'm not installing Oracle

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I will start drinking at 9 AM this Thursday, please go to the Church and pray for me. You can also pray for me at the Mosque or the Synagogue.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
I hope you feel better. I never really had a cough from a sinus infection but I did have one that was so bad the mucus draining from my nose was orange from the blood and pus mix.

Antibiotics fixed it up.

Demon Lord
Jun 8, 2003
ex nihil, ex omni, ad infinitum
Got something that matches what you describe (not-COVID), coughed for 7 weeks, up to last week of Feb. Same for my wife, and mother-in-law.

Good luck.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Treecko posted:

I hope you feel better. I never really had a cough from a sinus infection but I did have one that was so bad the mucus draining from my nose was orange from the blood and pus mix.

Antibiotics fixed it up.

The worst part is that the eustachian tube for my right ear is wonky because of surgery I had as a teenager, so whenever I get gunk filled and inflamed from sinus infection I get annoying af stuff like being able to hear my heart beat in that ear for hours.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Also this whole sickness began with my voice getting so messed up I sounded like a demon for a few days, then it migrated into my sinuses, so I'm guessing I had some kind of strep and the infection decided to begin loving up the tubes and channels in my face.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Some people are prone to lingering coughs after illnesses due to a feedback loop of lung inflammation leading to increased sensitivity and it can take months to clear up. I've often had that problem after getting a minor cold but then having an annoying cough for months after.

After years of that poo poo I finally encountered a PA who knew I wasn't just complaining (because she has the same thing happen to her after illnesses) and she gave me a dose of oral steroids and some temporary inhalers and that cleared it up.
So I suppose if you notice you're prone to this and it lingers for a long time it's worth talking to your doctor about that.

Oral steroids are not particularly fun though. They made me feel super loving weird.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Try using a ground or psychic type, OP

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Some people are prone to lingering coughs after illnesses due to a feedback loop of lung inflammation leading to increased sensitivity and it can take months to clear up. I've often had that problem after getting a minor cold but then having an annoying cough for months after.

After years of that poo poo I finally encountered a PA who knew I wasn't just complaining (because she has the same thing happen to her after illnesses) and she gave me a dose of oral steroids and some temporary inhalers and that cleared it up.
So I suppose if you notice you're prone to this and it lingers for a long time it's worth talking to your doctor about that.

Oral steroids are not particularly fun though. They made me feel super loving weird.

Yeah, it's happened to me several times before, and each time it's been in the same context - some kind of hosed up throat infection that turns into a sinus thing then leaves me with a lovely cough for a hot minute.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Devils Affricate posted:

Try using a ground or psychic type, OP

I'm using cock type in my rear end.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

I'm using cock type in my rear end.

not sure how this will help the phlegm but it's worth a shot

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
You can do one of those Zoom doctor calls and see if they have any recommendations. I don't even have insurance but I did that for a really lovely wound I had on my foot a few months back that I thought was developing staph and it was only like 50 bucks.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Its covid op ur doomed

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
60 to 70 years at most.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Treecko posted:

You can do one of those Zoom doctor calls and see if they have any recommendations. I don't even have insurance but I did that for a really lovely wound I had on my foot a few months back that I thought was developing staph and it was only like 50 bucks.

Where do you even get those. I haven't had a GP in ages, the motherfuckers won't take me!~!

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

anyway, to answer your question, the cough will go away when your faith has reached sufficient zeal. until then you will continue to feel the wrath of god

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

anyway, to answer your question, the cough will go away when your faith has reached sufficient zeal. until then you will continue to feel the wrath of god

God loves me, that's why I go to Church

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

and yet, the cough :thunk:

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Idk what state you live in but I just googled 'my home-town clinic online appointment' and then they did a video call with me and I showed them my foot and they were like yeah that's hosed here's a script you can pick up at the closest pharmacy in half an hour.

It was pretty easy

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

and yet, the cough :thunk:

He's testing me

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Treecko posted:

Idk what state you live in but I just googled 'my home-town clinic online appointment' and then they did a video call with me and I showed them my foot and they were like yeah that's hosed here's a script you can pick up at the closest pharmacy in half an hour.

It was pretty easy

Aight I'mma try that

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Aight I'mma try that

be sure to ask about the steroids

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
Everyone I know that got the vid claimed it was just a sinus infection.
Try all the local health clinics until you find a doctor shady enough to prescribe you some lean

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
It’s bronchitis OP

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

be sure to ask about the steroids

I'll ask for some dbol

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

"There'll be no more coughin' when I'm in the coffin'"

Is what my grandpa asked me to print out on a piece of office paper when I was showing him our new Macintosh PowerPC when I was about 8 or 9.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Drink a glass of ivermectin op just in case it is the covid

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

LuckyCat posted:

Drink a glass of ivermectin op just in case it is the covid

I drank ur poo poo

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:
Maybe something's stuck in there? Did you not get the memo about flared bases?

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
just hold it in bro you'll get way higher that way

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

AARD VARKMAN posted:

just hold it in bro you'll get way higher that way

Your mom held it in, that's why ur still in the womb

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Your mom held it in, that's why ur still in the womb