Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

weirdly chilly pussy
Oct 6, 2007

evobatman posted:

It still feels like there's a lack of power in the midrange, but the dealer didn't notice anything, and I'm thinking that maybe my expectations are wrong since my last NA four cylinder car was a Saab 9000i I owned from 2003-2006, and I've been driving a Saab Turbo and BMW V8, straight six and turbodiesel car since then.

Regularly driving turbo cars will absolutely skew your expectations on midrange torque. At first I thought there was something wrong on my GTV's 3-liter V6 as well, coming from a small 1.4 turbo with a tune. Above 4000 rpm however the V6 continues pulling like a train whereas the little turbo starts to feel diesel-like, begging for a gearchange.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weirdly chilly pussy
Oct 6, 2007

evobatman posted:

OK, I really need some Honda peoples help on this!

I want to prepare replacing my suspension, and in order to do that, I need strut mounts, since my old ones are old and bad.

The part numbers are 51675-S1A-E01 for fronts and 52675-S1A-E01 for rears. I've tried Honda dealers, Rockauto, eBay, Daparto, Autodoc, Amayama and all the usual suspects with no luck.

I need help to find one of two things:

-Either the original part numbers or confirmed compatible parts from another generation of Accord or another model of Honda. The fun part here is that as mentioned earlier in the thread, the 98-02 Accords were different cars in Japan, Europe and America, which complicates searching a lot!

-OR a coilover/suspension kit that includes top mounts and comes with TÜV/type approval papers so that my car will pass inspection.

If the part is compatible with a regular 1.6 etc. you could get the whole strut assembly from a euro junkyard and salvage just the strut mounts. Searching with the oem part number seems to return only unobtainium.

Searching ebay for Accord strut assemblies seems to have more luck, but finding the correct one might be a bit of a task. I suspect the aftermarket chinese partsmakers prefer to bundle the whole assembly up and don't bother selling single pieces.