Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
That's super nice. I think it's definitely worth putting the effort in to save it. Just how bad is the rust?

For whatever reason, Hondas really do not like worn motor mounts, and the problem is exacerbated if you launch it like a dickhead. I've seen a couple Civics in the junkyard with a broken torque mount and a dent in the underside of the hood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Suburban Dad posted:

I think I read this and just immediately thought "exhaust leak."

Probably a hole in a flex coupling or something, as I think on Hondas those are predominantly post-primary O2? They also get hammered hard from bad motor mounts as the engine flops around under throttle.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
This thing really reminds me of the MY03 TL Type-S A-Spec they released here. That one is a J32 V6, though, and fairly sure it's automatic.

Seat Safety Switch fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Aug 15, 2022

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
I am not at all surprised the owners of a dealership missed a mis-timed engine. They don’t even do valve adjustments here even though they bill the customer for it on the service intervals.