Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

Very cool, congrats! What engine came in these?

Edit: I looked it up and it has an h22 with a limited slip.

honda whisperer fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Mar 25, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

evobatman posted:

Not sure if the engines are interchangeable, but if the engine turns out to be toast, it shouldn't be too hard to get a new one.

Like Legos. Anything from the same engine family will bolt on with no modification. I don't know exactly what Honda did for the h22 but in the b16/b18 world it's usually cams, pistons, and the intake manifold that make the extra power.

Just tune up stuff will usually bring back stock power on Hondas. Especially if it was owned by a kid trying to "improve" it.

Add check the timing advance to your list. Moving the distributor to the limit of adjustment is a common "mod" that makes everything worse.

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

The timing is all ecu controlled but the engine position sensors are all in the distributor.

The above is correct, you have to jumper something to lock the ECU to usually 16 degrees advance, then you rotate the distributor until a timing light shows the engine and ECU are synced correctly.

If you can post engine pics. I'm not sure if your engine has any sort of dual runner setup in the intake manifold. If it does that could be a place to look for a weird flat spot in power too.

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

The torque app might be able to tell you what the ECU is outputting / wants it to be. I'll be impressed if it can lock it to a fixed number.

It looks like the h22 has a cap on the transmission and the marks are on your flywheel for the timing light.

Googling found the marks location but I can't find where the check connector to jump for this is.

Usually it's on the passenger side under the dash. It'll be a plug that's connected to nothing with two wires and two pins. The pins will be female. I usually bend a paperclip into a U shape and jam it in.

Also it might be in a green rubber/silicone protective cover.

If you've found the right one the check engine light will come on. If it has any codes it will start flashing.

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

Behind the glove box is possible!

For thr rear mount you can make it a ghetto solid mount. If you can get it out just tape it up then fill the voids in the rubber with window urethane. Once cured it won't have the slop at a price of more vibration making it inside the car.

Also eliminates most wheel hop.

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

That would read super lean I think.

Unburnt gas would do it but I'd imagine the misfire would be more noticeable.

Check fuel pressure?

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

That sucks and honda timing belts are so easy. Good luck at shop 2.

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

Honda loves their Lego parts. Usually the type r bits bolt onto non type r cars and vise versa but I'm speaking from experience with civics and integras.

So probably? But I don't actually know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

Super common spongy pedal Honda issue is the rear calipers, assuming disc brakes. Compressing the rear pistons is one of those turn with pressure deals, and the piston has cross milled into it. The rear pads have a nubbin that sticks up and should slot into that cross. If the cross and nubbin don't line up right you'll have a mushy pedal.