Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

If someone votes or cases you just scream omgus and vote for them, easy peasy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

fool of sound posted:

This is exactly the emotional blackmail that I'm talking about though. Having a meltdown should not be a method of getting people off your case. That create the perverse incentives to be emotionally manipulative. If someone is reaching that point they need to not be in the game.

As someone who used to have that tool in my mafia toolbelt, I completely agree with you. It’s juvenile.

Looking back on my early mafia career, I hated some of the things I would try to win. Emotional outbursts, posting content knowing it would upset the other player so they would make a mistake, gamesmanship as to whether I was available irl or not, etc.

It’s like using an aimbot in a casual fps game. You might win, but you’re actual scum.

Pure, objective review of content is now my only goal when I play. I don’t always get there, but it’s the North Star. It took me years of growth to flush that other stuff out, and I’m sorry to anyone who may have been on the wrong side of it.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

I forgive you merk

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

I don't

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

merk posted:

It’s like using an aimbot in a casual fps game. You might win, but you’re actual scum.

Come play cs again