Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

using a roleblock will always give you information and not using it will rarely give you information

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

You should use your roleblock because it’s more fun to do so

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Scientastic posted:

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Scientastic posted:

IcePhoenix posted:

using a roleblock will always give you information and not using it will rarely give you information

both of these. if you block someone, their reaction or lack thereof is information you won't have if you stay home, and buttons are there to be pushed.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
If you don't accidentally roleblock the doctor when they would have prevented the cop's death, are you really playing mafia?

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"
Push button.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Yami Fenrir posted:

If you don't accidentally roleblock the doctor when they would have prevented the cop's death, are you really playing mafia?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Shellception posted:

Push button.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Yami Fenrir posted:

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Yami Fenrir posted:

My version of this is causing the mod to mistakenly have me visit two other town players before correctly resolving me as visiting a dead player over wishful thinking re: their claims in thread.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
I got books from salad-Santa! "The Overstory" by Richard Powers and "Wagnerism - Art and Politics in the Shadow of Music" by Alex Ross. Looking forward to them, thanks!

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Fake Claim Mafia has ended in a Literally last minute TOWN victory! Also TiredMoritz achieved his orthowin!! Thank you for playing!

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

In Medias Res or: Everybody Hates D1 - A CubicalSucrose Concoction, a role madness game designed for 11 players (& as many observers as Discord can handle) is now open for sign-ups.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
The Curse of Brazil, an open setup mafia game that's something of an iteration on my Ostuniad setup, is open for signups.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

a very normal mini game of mafia that definitely does not have any crazy fun gimmicks secretly rolled into it is now taking signups

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Right, so, this is awkward, but I haven't received anything from my secret santa and nobody has reached out. If you sent ol Opop something you should maybe look into it

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Opopanax posted:

Right, so, this is awkward, but I haven't received anything from my secret santa and nobody has reached out. If you sent ol Opop something you should maybe look into it

i didnt join this year but nothing got stuck in canadian customs or anything?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i didnt join this year but nothing got stuck in canadian customs or anything?

:shrug:

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Opopanax posted:

I see you were given the greatest gift of all, hope

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Hey nerds! Who wants to watch some double-fake wrestling! The Something Awful Wrestling PPV - the GOON-1 CLIMAX, is going live in the next 8-ish minutes! https://twitch.tv/tha_swizzler

Mafia superstars CubicalSucrose, Snooze Cruise, and myself are all on the card for the PPV! It'll probably have custom arenas built by our good pal STONE COLD 64! Come cheer us on or talk poo poo about us! EIther way is fun! Laugh as WWE 2k23 proves itself a barely functional videogame!

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Sawfia, a bastard game of Mafia for 9 players, is now open! Come help me play a little game.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Monathin posted:

Hey nerds! Who wants to watch some double-fake wrestling! The Something Awful Wrestling PPV - the GOON-1 CLIMAX, is going live in the next 8-ish minutes! https://twitch.tv/tha_swizzler

Mafia superstars CubicalSucrose, Snooze Cruise, and myself are all on the card for the PPV! It'll probably have custom arenas built by our good pal STONE COLD 64! Come cheer us on or talk poo poo about us! EIther way is fun! Laugh as WWE 2k23 proves itself a barely functional videogame!

I was there too

Megamissen posted:

2v2v2v2 Team Elimination Match
ilmucche eliminates Monathing (KO)

:colbert:

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
Do you know what we need? That's right: more games.

Join ABBAfia, a role madness game for 17 players!
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4052418

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

ilmucche posted:

I was there too

:colbert:

Play more mafia games then, nerd!!

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Lunar the Silver Star Story Mafia is now taking signups.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Literally Villains Mafia, a role madness game for 17 players is now taking signups: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4052995

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"

wologar posted:

Do you know what we need? That's right: more games.

Join ABBAfia, a role madness game for 17 players!
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4052418

Needs 6 to go!

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Come join the City of Chaos. 19 players, bastard Mafia-like, plenty of fireworks this time.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

A very normal game of mafia has ended in a joint Scum and Hal victory :toot:

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4052654

Lunar Silver Star Story mafia has ended in a Lunar and Dragon Aligned victory!

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Alignment Mafia Is now taking signups!

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I'll be targeting another Cookfia for mid-MarchApril, see you there!

Grandicap fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Feb 26, 2024

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Grandicap posted:

I'll be targeting another Cookfia for mid-March, see you there!

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Still looking for 3 more players for City of Chaos. It's crazy but there will be friends and cookies.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Grandicap posted:

Moving date due to conflicts. See you all in April!

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
How does cookfia work? Is it labor intensive?

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

Propaganda Machine posted:

Yes or no. Cooking gets you abilities. But you don't have to actually cook anything if you don't want to. I think I cooked like 3 or 4 things last time.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Grandicap posted:

I have been specifically looking forward to this

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

It can be as much or as little work on the cooking as you want. IIRC last round we had one player who claimed a "spooky" dish with telling the story of how they drank water out of an empty-save-the-crumbs Pringle can, and then there was a player who made an incredible cake in the shape of a chicken. If you make a good argument on why your dish should count, you get the points. If you want to play pure Mafia, you don't have to engage the cooking either; you typically get one free spice to do with as you please, but that's it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

You give a recipe that you would like to see others make upon your eventual death, and you make flipped players recipes but it's open to your own preference (at the time I lived with picky eaters so couldn't make anything extravagant).

Grandi also puts up small challenges like "make something with cheese", a couple games ago one was to write a long winded intro to a recipe like in an online blog and I had fun writing about Haystacks: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4014920&pagenumber=18&perpage=40&userid=0#post527538246