Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

I promise to join any games that open in the next week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

I found that thread by googling "somethingawful Peramene" and then clicking to Peramene's rap list.

This happened two days ago??

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

wins32767 posted:

Taste asked me to run another NYC game. How much interest would there be in a CYOR with possible post restrictions?

If it opens in the next 6 days, I am honor-bound to join it.

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

What is wrong with saying "vote out"? VOLO is more catchy than EXLO

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Sandwolf posted:

The group of veteran players who have largely not played at all recently to come get a slam in on a currently active player is the cliques you old folks have been railing against. Come on.

I nominate Sandwolf.

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Why are people being so rude to My Second Re-Reg in this thread? I don't like it.

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Jump King posted:

we're trying to get him to the third re-reg

I wish this weren't funny.

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Disney mafia.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4031446

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Snooze Cruise posted:

setup idea: CYOR but you don't actually choose your role just your flavor's name and you also have to draw a picture for it and then the mod looks at the picture and name and comes up with a role for it, so i guess it would be CYOOC

Yeah but you post them in thread so everybody WIFOMs about which ones look evil

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Monathin posted:

Hey nerds, come watch me and Cube fight to the death over a briefcase (and some other nerds you might know).

https://twitch.tv/tha_swizzler

Isn't that Tuesday and Thursday? I'm so confused about when this is streamed

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Rude that this game started already

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

Legitimately it is the starting point to create reads on people. Take the recent vigs mafia, nobody had a single clue who was scum (except Dhaes, lol) until people actually started to play on day 3. I was killed next because I didn't have the energy to fully resist merk's case on me based on that same day (and also because people have apparently forgotten what scum merk looks like, shame on them). If the thread had taken Pecota's advice to start playing Day 2, that might have ended in a town win instead. Scum have the most incentive to push people for votes and lead everyone around by the nose when they can do it without being found suspicious, town otoh has no clue whoscum and is generally guessing so their incentive structure on voting and cases are different. Town has to agree to execute even other town initially because if it doesn't, that just sets town back on time without cementing the kinds of poo poo that make scum stand out and also cementing whether someone who was passionately trying to get someone dead was right, wrong, or scummy for it. You can't tell if someone is scummy nearly as easy if you have no idea what the alignments are of the people they have talked about, pushed, and defended.

This 100% but it is hard (for other people, not me) to make cases on day 1. So like I understand the thought, but like how are you supposed to magically make cases on day 2? I guess because night actions are the primary way we've won games lately...

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Lowkey make all town power roles dependent on somebody being executed the previous day. Problem solved

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

ilmucche posted:

how does the championship work, do you get points for winning the game or for being a good player

I think your fellow players vote after the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

You joke, but it would relieve a lot of stress for there to be less "pressure" to be in multiple games at once. I know nobody is forcing me to sign up for so many games but FOMO is a thing when there are lots of cool games in signups at the same time. I'm sure I'm not the only one who suffers from this.

A limit of one "large" game at a time might also encourage more active spectating of games and widen the pool of players who can replace into games later and later (if they were already following along unspoiled).

It could also encourage more small, short games to be designed and fill up more quickly. I wonder what number would be the healthiest cut-off point, though. Looking right now (if we pretend Tarot Mafia is also still going) the 2nd largest game is 17 players so there would be no difference right now if the cut-off were higher than 17. It feels like a lot of 15 player games would be a lot too so I guess I'd suggest 13 as the magic number. As in anything above 13 is "large".

Some systems would surely beed to be added in the change, like giving preference to signups who've gotten to participate in fewer large games recently, but we're smart enough to handle that, right?

On the other hand I'm just talking out of my rear end