Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
I'll think about it, OP. If I don't give you an answer 800 years from now, remind me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Dont dox me

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Fatman could have been saved if vampirism was real smdh

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
I would dedicate my life to learning all human languages so my shitposting can be consumed by every culture on earth.

Jemak
Dec 27, 2003

Go to JAIL.
Go directly to JAIL.
Do not pass GO.
Do not collect :200bux:

idk, probably prophesize some stuff, then make it happen a few hundred years later, repeat.
really gently caress with those fundamentalist religious types.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I think I'd use most of it finding ways to annoy people by being extremely unhurried while they are in an urgent rush and work in the line "Listen buddy, I've got all the time in the world here."

Funky See Funky Do fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Mar 18, 2022

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

oh my god i would get so good at drawing and i would somehow find a cure for my aphantasia without affecting the rest of my damaged brain so i could imagine things again or maybe not maybe just draw a lot all day for years like i am already but like with a lot more time even than i have and also watch anime

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
I'd sleep alot then help Sid walk the dogs so he can draw more.

Trollologist
Mar 3, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I'd find some dead gay forum and poo poo post from my basement.

But, like, forever.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
I'd accidentally kill a dude in a bar fight and get sentenced to life in prison.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Yeah now that you posted it it's premeditated so that tracks

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 20 days!)

i was thinking that if you really did live forever but were still basically human, our brains don't really retain that much in terms of memories and most of what we think we remember is a recreation that gets vaguer and totally reinterpreted as time passes. so i think that it would take a really, really long time for you to legitimately get bored of life, and even once you did, you would eventually forget about being so bored and change again.

because you would forget 90% of everything that happens and even the stuff you remember would feel different than you thought it did when it happens again, and so on. that's not even getting into how much variety and change will occur over a long timeframe.

being immortal would be much better. people who talk about brevity making life important are talking some serious BS.

Nice Guy Patron posted:

There's a short story called the immortal, where those who can't die eventually become raving lunatics or totally catatonic.

is it by borges? i found a borges one online, want to read it because i was making up a similar story in my head recently.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
gonna set aside a whole century just for masturbating. 100 years of cum

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Id smoke 100000000000000 cigarettes

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

99% to swaggin on um, 1% to sleep

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

kntfkr posted:

50% trucking / 50% loving

I'm into this format but I would like to replace trucking with napping

e: wait no, 50% loving / 10% drinking and drugging / 40% napping

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015

roomtone posted:

is it by borges? i found a borges one online, want to read it because i was making up a similar story in my head recently.

It's Borges. It's good, honestly that whole collection is good. The book is called Labyrinths and I would recommend it to anyone.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

probably get alzheimer's when i'm 70 and spend the next trillion years or so unaware of what's going on and unable to care for myself

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
These tremors. How to stop them? They must have a brain that makes this happen. Sentient beings seem to notice.

What if I go beyond and seek others like my kind?

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I would be so good at the katana

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Same thing I do now: eat rear end, smoke grass, dump the bodies from an overpass.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Assuming I keep the same age forever and don't become a really old immortal begging for death, I'd probably change lives every few decades.

Be an actor for 30 years, then learn and practice medicine for a bit, travel around the world like a hermit for a while, party hard as gently caress, start building a huge terracotta pyramid of whatever else comes to mind at the time.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Am I also extremely wealthy? Because otherwise I’d still have to work to pay bills and stuff so I guess I’m just living my normal life but forever.

It used to be where people would pay off their house & other major debts in their fifties. If you did that and lived forever you'd have a home and money to play with for the rest of time.

I always hate those stories where living forever is depicted as being boring. If you were born in the year 1000 and just kept living in perfect health there's not a year in history where something wasn't going on somewhere.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I would never be bored if I were immortal.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
would start tracking my farts to see how much methane i contribute to atmospheres/the universe

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

I would edge for so long

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

Best friends make the best weapons
Probably try to save our doomed hell dump planet.

Initially. Then I’d probably give up within a century and try to pet all the cats. And then maybe I’d try to save the planet again, but just for the cats (and doggos).

Might hang around long enough for the aliens to arrive. And I’d tell them humans were a mistake and invite them to pet the cats; maybe smoke weed with them if they seem cool.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
I'd also try and save our stupid planet. Probably by taking high risk/reward jobs to build up cash,then let it sit in a bank for a hundred years.

In reality id end up doing huge amounts of drugs and testing the limits of my functional immortality.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Outrail posted:

I'd also try and save our stupid planet. Probably by taking high risk/reward jobs to build up cash,then let it sit in a bank for a hundred years.

By planet I assume you mean civilization in which case: What currency is worth anything in a hundred years? Also you don't have a hundred years to do it in.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

dr.acula posted:

I would edge for so long

Can you imagine the load after a 50 year edge? Wild, wild stuff.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Funky See Funky Do posted:

By planet I assume you mean civilization in which case: What currency is worth anything in a hundred years? Also you don't have a hundred years to do it in.

What? No I mean try to avoid catastrophic ecosystem collapse. But that's inevitable at this point.

Or maybe once humanity nukes themselves out of existence I could spend the next billion years nuturing the next biosphere by stamping out anything that looks at a rock like it could be a tool.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
Two chicks at the same time.

Non Krampus Mentis
Oct 17, 2011

Scrungus Bungus from the planet Grongous
I don’t want to be immortal if my cat can’t also be immortal

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Outrail posted:

What? No I mean try to avoid catastrophic ecosystem collapse. But that's inevitable at this point.

Or maybe once humanity nukes themselves out of existence I could spend the next billion years nurturing the next biosphere by stamping out anything that looks at a rock like it could be a tool.

Sounds like you want to set yourself up as some kind of God of Order but what you're describing isn't nurturing it's an attempt at control and in doing so you would become a God of Destruction, annihilating everything that falls outside of your narrow doctrine.

I like it. It's dramatic.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7gMkiOPSeA

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
I'd watch the unabridged version of Dragon Ball Z

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Applewhite posted:

If you were immortal (or at least could not die until you decided to), how would you divvy up your time? Would you get all the videogames and stupid bullshit out of your system first, then spend the rest of eternity forming meaningful bonds and spending quality time with loved ones? Or would it be the reverse, where you live and love, do something good for the world and leave a legacy before settling down into a quiet eternity playing video games?

Personally I'm pretty sure probably spend a lot more time playing videogames or reading than I would doing "meaningful" activities but hey, maybe knowing I had all the time in the world would motivate me to make every second count.

Would wait until everyone who loves me/would miss me passes and get on with the bolded part, which is easily the best feature of what you just described.

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

I'd accidentally kill a dude in a bar fight and get sentenced to life in prison.

Life imprisonment tho is actually like they sentence you to 150 years or something so you'd get out eventually. At the end of that you be the most hardened criminal bitch on the earth, which sounds like a great way to start off an eternity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

If I was Immortal? I'd play in the snow.