Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

How's that working out in Bahrain?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

"please don't drive fast" - the dumbest sport

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Mercedes can't do anything now toto isn't allowed to email masi asking for the other cars to get out the way.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Anyone worked out how an undriveable car finished 4th?

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

This course is dishonourable

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Has anyone ever accidentally lost a pass into an air intake before? i feel like there's a good chance of it happening this race

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

serious gaylord posted:

Lmaoooo they're trying to say his engine is fine.

He lost 6 seconds in half a lap but it's just the tow apparently lol

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Could have been tucked up in bed with a cup of herbal tea but instead i've had to watch this

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

* ahem *

Failrari

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Lmao that start from lando

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

That redbull is so fast. Only a matter of time before p1 max

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Just drive faster to put the fire out

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Two cars on fire in the race now

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

RIP Charlie

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Ok this could be interesting

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Red bull should stop again too

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Safety car??

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Should have red flagged it

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

I'm mad they keep calling the Telehandler a cherry picker

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

What if laps didn't count down under the safety car?

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Street circuits are bad.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Suzukowns

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Halo14 posted:

Man, they really can’t see anything in traffic

Yeah I'm not sure this is driveable

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

ja_raul posted:

I'm amazed they started on inters

Yeah there was so much water on track

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Dictator. posted:

I have to go to the gym at 9 AM, not gonna see them finish at this rate, if they ever restart that is.

Enjoy Zumba!

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

This is embarrassing, send them out on wets!!!

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Sharl getting bumped to 3rd

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

If I was leclerc I would simply not lose a second a lap to my title rival

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

What a poo poo way to win the world championship

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Charles Leclerc posted:

Wow another title decided by stewards.

Massi vindicated yet again

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

I thought if Perez came second max wouldn't win :iiam:

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

The most FIA thing would be for an announcement in 4 hours that max isn't actually WDC

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

It is incredibly dumb that two races of equal length have differing amounts of points because a different coloured flag was waved at the end.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

biceps crimes posted:

That was a fun midfield, good race except for the loving crane on the road at the beginning

That just made it more exciting. Next year they should have active construction crews on the track changing the layout mid race.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Ferrari (or Charles) seems to have a very limited performance window. Good at qualifying and generally has a spell where they are as fast/faster than redbull but then drops off big time.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

italian quid posted:

I also think Red Bull tends to get a way with a lot of poo poo because their marketing narrative completely turns on "bringing new young talent" into the sport so a lot of rulings tend to go their way because people seem to think that will bring younger eyeballs onto the sport. They'll never admit that its almost certainly true.

Have you considered that it's because red bull has done nothing wrong?

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

The idea that the Mercedes, with a revenue of over €160bn, doesn't have benefits worth more than €7m that bleeds into its F1 team is laughable.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Khablam posted:

Merc and Ferrari are salty as all holy gently caress that RBR spun up RBPT and didn't gently caress it up completely. Because, they can now do the creative accounting that comes along with having an engine development division.
The fact the outcome is Red Bull thought catering wasn't part of the budget cap, and is the reason they're over, is just hilarious.

I also had some discussions with the Ineos Americas cup team early in the pandemic and they were chatting about how there was close collaboration between all the various teams under the Ineos banner which I bet doesn't appear on the Merc balance sheet.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

acidx posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHiUfqXOskw

Audi is proud to announce that it has figured out the design for some stickers that it might put on an F1 car one day.

So what car did they paint?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Cool as gently caress crash.