Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
Checo WDC 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Sashimi posted:

Not great, only ahead of Haas and Bottas. FP1 so massive chunk of salt and all that.

Also Haas were on mediums and McLaren were on softs

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Ferrari WCC 2022

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

My original prediction at the end of last season was the Ferrari would have the best car but would gently caress up managing two equally good drivers and Lando would end up WDC. I now realise that was incorrect and that the WDC will be Checo as McLaren have made a bin car for bin men.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

It is an unfortunate truth that Ferrari seem to be the only legitimate possibility of defeating the fraudulent max and the despicable horner this season. It gives me no pleasure to say this but all right thinking motorsport fans need to support their sexy car with an obviously cheating engine.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Thanks Ants posted:

True F1 fans will always support the team that has the best chance of defeating the Red Bull frauds, and then McLaren as well

This is accurate

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Leanin' Lance

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

I only got 76 points because I hedged my bets a bit which was stupid. Should have done what I did last year and use my mega driver in the first weekend.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

I hope more people realise that Ricciardo is bad and overrated

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

your friend wicka posted:

What's a McLaren

A bad car

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Thanks Ants posted:

F1 is good again??

Max is in a position where he might win so it's still probably bad.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Red bull is currently the worst team on the grid

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Honestly everything about that race loving owned apart from gasly being hosed over

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

I want to go back in time and post this

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Red Warrior posted:

HA HA!

YES!

YES!

Someone who is good a Photoshop please do the needful

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Thanks Ants posted:

Charles did well goading Max into braking later and later into T1 until he overdid it and ruined his tyres

Max is so loving dumb lol

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Deltasquid posted:

Don't know whether it's true, but a redditor made a post about how Charles was (intentionally?) in 7th gear on the final straight during his fight with Max to ensure Max overtook him right before the DRS detection point so he could overtake again in the following turns. Seems to match up with Charles' post-race interview where he claimed he was happy he managed to bait Max at T1 a few times in a row.

Pretty funny IMO, Charles is a good and clever lad

That rules and it shows how dumb Max is that he did it three times without thinking 'this seems too easy maybe I should wait'

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Thanks Ants posted:

Not a bad start, though you should be rooting for McLaren

They wanted middle-tier not back-marker

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Kloaked00 posted:

I did not realize that you incur point penalties if you change your F1 Fantasy lineup too much each week. That's annoying

You do? I thought you got a subs bank that lets you swap people around, if there is a points penalty as well it's yet another obtuse feature they haven't really explained.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

In class terms are Alpine the best team? Alonso and Ocon are both from working class families (miners and mechanics respectively). May actually be the least problematic driver pairing.

e: also I drive a lexus and I actually enjoy the weird heavy steering that most people complain about.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Blackhawk posted:

Is Lexus steering supposed to be heavy? Toyota is always absurdly light. I drove a BMW m340i recently and in sport mode that's what I'd call unnecessarily heavy steering. It seemed fine in comfort steering and suspension with sport engine and gearbox though.

I don't think so tbh but like whenever I mention I drive a lexus someone is like "oh yeah the steering on those is really heavy and weird". I just find it's nice and not overly twitchy.

I had to drive a vauxhall a few months ago and on top of it having the weirdest gear ratios I have ever experienced the steering was way too light and bouncy.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

No to any war

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Lol this "sport" is so loving dumb.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Checo WDC 2022

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Get hosed max also. Lewis out in Q3, max loving up. Age of Checo is upon us.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

the sort of lap you expect from the world champion of 2022, Sergio "Checo" Perez.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Xakura posted:

How do you not know how qualifying works

It should run Q3, Q2, Q1 because that is how the grid numbers work (bigger equals bad).

Also I'm dyslexic so getting things backwards is in my genetics and calling it out is ABLEISM.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

I love Mansell because he's this incredibly dull middle aged English man that Italians got so excited about they literally nicknamed him The Lion.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Checo... WDC... 2022? :smith:

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Also lol at Max bitching constantly even when he was winning. He's the loving worst.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Sombrerotron posted:

We all like Perez, but it's just not in the cards buddy.

I've checked my opinions over the last fifteen years and actually they confirm he is the best formula one driver after Kamui Kobayashi

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Payndz posted:

This is doubted? Sauber C31 pairing the best pairing.

It's honestly such an insanely good pairing and it's a pity that sauber are poo poo at making cars

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

speng31b posted:

Also -- do Ocon and Alonso hate each other?

I think everyone kind of hates Ocon

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

The only non British teams are Ferrari and Alfa Romeo right?

Oh and Alpha Tauri

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Gigi Galli posted:

If you mean “racing headquarters not located in Britain” then you’re missing Haas, otherwise yes.

So Haas actually run their team from America? I just assumed they would be based in some non descript town in the southern midlands like everyone else

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

the milk machine posted:

i got the mclaren LEGO car and built it and it was missing two (2) pieces. i was shocked and gutted. i believe it to be a bad omen.

It turns out it was accurate and mclaren forgot to design a car with the bits that make it good.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Kirios posted:

I’m legitimately new to F1 why is Get in there Lewis! such a meme?

(Honestly a F1 Beginner’s Guide head wouldn’t be a bad idea considering how many new folks are watching)

Everytime Lewis get on pole or wins his engineer says "get in there lewis" and between 2014 and 2021 Lewis won something like 80 races so it got said a lot.

Sir Lewis Carl Davdison Larbalestier Hamilton has won at least one race in every formula one season he has completed, even when he was driving a completely dogshit McLaren.

a pipe smoking dog fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Apr 2, 2022

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

The Big Jesus posted:

I wonder if he’ll win a race this year. Unless merc really steps up it’d take quite a bit of fuckery.

Yeah I kind of feel like this year will finally break the streak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Apparently Red Bull and Mercedes both have cheaty front wings that open to reduce drag on the straights.

Pretty funny that Merc might be cheating but are still poo poo.