Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

harperdc posted:

ah we have another Australian poster, good to have ya mate.

[edit] this is also a failure of Renault in particular, because they do not have a second team to try and trick into taking a young driver. It's almost like F1 needs more teams on the grid :thunk:

I don't see how being Australian is a failure of renault

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

a rare miss from lewis on the fashion front today imo

:lando:

Not a fan of the boots, but sandals would be rocking with that

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

the shrouds over the front wheels look so strange

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

The main graphic isn’t showing TIMES?!

yeah wtf

and why are all the names italicised on the bottom

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

kmag holy poo poo hahaha

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Not a sky sports broadcast without a discussion on track limits

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

more helmet cams please.

goddamn magnussen get in lol

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

this aws commercial, is that kid from the midlands?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

did haas' strategy of being dogshit in 2021 actually pay off?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Cimber posted:

Yeah, Stewards not applying track limits are bullshit

yeah. I was hoping they'd enforce them at least to get crofty and brundle to shut the gently caress up about it

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

all the mazepin money in 2021 went to the 2022 car and the bastard doesn't even get to drive it lol

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

these driver portraits on the side really give me hunger games vibes for some reason. moreso that usual athlete portraits

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

lotta papaya bois tags about to look real silly

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

how is russel purple in S1 but also 1 second off the pace??

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

holy lol bottas and kmag above russell

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

WELCOME BACK KEVIN

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Can't stop lolling that all mazepin's money went into this car and he doesn't get to drive it.

Lol

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

ahahaha sky mislabelling the crown price, whoops

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Do we like to call kmag the viking racer?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I didn't know until sky told me I did

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Back half traffic jam lol

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Mokotow posted:

Pit stops are slower by 1.5s across the board, wonder if it’s something in the new wheels

They did say they're a lot heavier and the shielding can make them hard to handle

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Racing???

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

This got deleted

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

MustardFacial posted:

Welcome to the thread!

First off you should get a primer on the thread for people to ignore:

1. Ferrari supporters. They're happy for now because they won, but it'll only take a few bad Jock Clear calls before they start throwing the racial epithets around. Ferrari throwing away championships due to incompetence is as inevitable as the sunrise. You hope for them to do well regardless because at least it's not Mercedes.

2. Mercedes supporters. Easily the most tedious of the bunch. Medcedes has dominated the sport for the last 7 years and gifted Lewis Hamilton 6 of his 7 WDC's. Because of this, this group believes Lewis to be the 2nd coming of christ just because he can open DRS and pass the entire field on the straight. They're all very quiet now because Mercedes has been fairly mediocre lately, but they're a good team so by the European leg of the season they should be back near the front. Mercedes has ruined the sport for the better part of a decade. You'll see this group throwing around a lot of asterisks like a bunch of entitled Karen's because they're still salty about something that happened 3 months ago.

3. Red Bull supporters. Lmao there aren't any. Christian Horner is a bad person, Helmut Marko is a nazi, and Max Verstappen has the personality of someone who has suffered child abuse. The only cool person in the RBR organization is Adrian Newey, but he doesn't come on camera anymore.

4. McLaren supporters. The most popular team with the best looking car. McLaren supporters are the most level headed and good looking of the bunch. The car has some major technical flaws this year and it's not super quick but we know the lads will figure it out.

Everyone else: This thread is largely a cesspit from categories 1 and 2, but the occasional chats with everyone else are what make this thread ok.

You picked a good first team with Alpha Tauri. Pierre and Yuki are good lads, and the team is consistent enough to stay in the midfield, but competent enough that if the race gets wild they can pull out a surprise good result. The red bull connection is unfortunate, but it is what it is. If you're looking for a number 2 team to root for I suggest Alpine or Williams.

This poster is an alpine/renault supporter fwiw

Alpha Tauri and Alfa Romeo are cool and good, but Haas is where it's at now that mazepin got screwed in maximum hilarity fashion

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Oof

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Feels Villeneuve posted:

If you dislike online toxicity you should follow my example and reply to every post complaining about gas prices with "don't drive so i dont care lol"

Go with the more abrasive "ban all cars!"

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

a pipe smoking dog posted:

In class terms are Alpine the best team? Alonso and Ocon are both from working class families (miners and mechanics respectively). May actually be the least problematic driver pairing.

e: also I drive a lexus and I actually enjoy the weird heavy steering that most people complain about.

Kmag was a welder.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

SIR Lewis Fashion Update

I quite like this one

Best picture on the page though

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Some F1 race stars poo poo lol

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Looking forward to 2 laps behind the safety car and calling it a race lol

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Horner's comments sound pretty bad. He's a poo poo speaker

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Lewis whaaaaat

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Hamilton :O

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Good lads Bottas and kmag in the top 10

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Big crash that. This track is so bad

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Pragmatica posted:

everyone, please chill. it's been a weird weekend, but we don't have to fight with each other! :cheers:

You've been posting in this thread for too long to say something like this lol

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I'm packing my life. Someone give me race recap

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

So why were there 13 retirements this weekend?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

learnincurve posted:

I bought a omelette maker today and it's amazing.

I want to know more.

Also post ur dogs. Possibly with omelettes