Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
Mike Krack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Tsaedje posted:

Mike Krack is 50 today

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
Lol max starting P2 in the first race he's sporting his lame '1' number

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
whiny max best max

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
this is the BEST

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
lewis using his force push jedi skills there

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
redbull powerdrains

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

lol

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

boop the snoot posted:

Mods please make this my avatar tia

Now THIS is good content

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

fokkin ell yes

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
I hope this poor showing by Aston Martin didn't ruin Mike Krack's birthday

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

I wasn't in the thread at that time but looking at that guys posts, yeah i'd rather not tbh.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Zeta Acosta posted:

Ferrari also has the quickest pit stop and i have been reading that they did something like 1300 pit stop rehearsals since April 2021. The team has put the work in

imagine how much faster they'd be if they invested that time in cheating instead of working hard lmao

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Red Warrior posted:

I don't know, the scary thing is all their messaging since the race has been 'welp we're in the poo poo, gonna be a long hard climb back up, thanks for sticking with us!'

If this is the case, how the hell did they gently caress up so bad? It's crazy that they're so far back compared to the other high-end midfielders.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

The fact that they don't know what the issue is yet sustains me

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Residency Evil posted:

If I only have room for one F1 podcast in my schedule, should it be For F1's Sake or Shift+F1?

I haven't listened to Shift+F1 but it took less than 5 minutes for the new For F1's Sake episode to get into serial killer talk so that's my vote.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
If Mclaren aren't in the running then I root for chaos, pure chaos.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
I've literally just replaced my 05 golf with a brand new nissan leaf (EV heresy yes) and I can't get over how nice new cars are. I feel like an imposter driving it but I couldn't refuse a ridiculously good lease through salary sacrifice. The golf was on its last legs though so it was about time.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

I've driven my dads brand new polo and my uncles few years old ford focus estate a couple of times and yeah it's wild the difference between something new and something over a decade old. I'm currently retraining for a new career and hope to have something quite new and sporty in a few years.

Yeah it's just so easy to drive, I love it. What sporty one would you get?

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

I quite fancy a hot hatch of some kind, all depends on how good a job I can land. Out of pure nostalgia for Percy I wouldn't mind an Abarth Punto if I could find one in orange. I don't think they make them anymore though, I only ever see the abarth 500s.

Hell yeah an Abarth Punto would be sweet.

Frond posted:

On a serious note I've never really understood the British (specifically) animosity towards Ferrari. It's very, very weird. Are they still mad about 1981-1982 or something.

I am a filthy brit and have no animosity towards Ferrari. Red car go fast.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Quizzlefish posted:

Please explain this lease policy. I'd love to go EV through a tax break. Can you buy it at the end for a decent price?

So a lease means I give it back after 3 years, no option to buy it. Salary sacrifice is a thing done through a lot of workplaces here in the UK where your work has arranged a deal where you can use part of your pre-tax salary to pay for things monthly. It's very popular with buying bikes (technically for commuting) but recently places have started doing it for EVs too. The lease I have has insurance, servicing and all the extras lumped in free as well so essentially I don't have to worry about anything except paying the flat rate out of my gross pay. On top of that, splitting the cost 50/50 with my girlfriend means it's very affordable.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
I ride bikes but mainly off-road because I like meeting sweaty men in the woods

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Lewis Fashion Update

I always knew he was a Ferrari fan

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

your friend wicka posted:

The only race craft Max knows about is phrenology

:vince:

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
Should ask Horner what he thinks about doing a race in Ukraine now.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Anime Store Adventure posted:

It’s bombed out but away we go!

This made me lol

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
Max fraud confirmed

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Rhopunzel posted:

Mazepin status?

egg

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
Hamilton is the GOAT - Gaudiest Of All Threads

And that's why he's great

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
Love that people think Hamilton is a fraud when he missed out on being WDC in his rookie season by one point, beating two time world champ AND teammate Alonso.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

BWV posted:

Please quote this when Latiffi crashes

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
Red bull next please

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Deltasquid posted:

Maybe if the cars under the new regs cannot handle heat, they should stop racing in the desert. just my 2 cents

Antarctica race when?

E: gently caress wait that's still technically a desert but you know what I mean

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

straight up brolic posted:

Lmao remember the people in this thread acting like Merc and Lewis masterstroked going long on the hards

Who?

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
Lol shut up max whiny bitch baby

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
gently caress sake

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
Abloooo bloooo so unfair

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Dictator. posted:

haha lol max owns

*furiously scrolling through the whole thread to defend my beautiful frogboy*

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Dictator. posted:

i didn't watch the race live, just scrolled back a few pages to see comments and these were all on 1 page.

the max hate here is so strong, sorry frogboy beat your monagasque wet dream, better luck next time.

I'm a Mclaren fan, I don't need luck.

I just need a not dogshit car :lando:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
They literally told him to box as he passed the pit entrance