Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
- When pouring salt, say "some of this salt is going on the counter on purpose" and then you don't have to worry about the bad luck from spilled salt (it's not "spilled" if it's supposed to be there). This is especially useful in situations where you only spill a few grains and can't easily find some to throw over your left shoulder to defuse the bad luck.

- When something comes out to a number you don't like (like "13" or "666" for example), instead of adding or subtracting an action or object, alter your set size to include past instances of your activity so really you didn't get the bad number.

- Buy pens without labels so you don't need to adjust the cap clip to line up with the writing. While this does impede the flow of spiritual energy through the pen, it saves you some anxiety.

- Read up on "L'Appel Du Vide" and recognize that intrusive thoughts like the sudden urge to swerve into traffic or lash out violently at others are perfectly normal and actually fairly common and aren't a sign that if you lose focus for even a second the dark powers inside of you will reach out and take control of your body to hurt the people you love.

Share some of your lifehacks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
L'Appel Du Videez nutz

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

stop jacking off for like two weeks. then when you bust it's like a quart. nice

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

While in a public conversation with your romantic partner and others, make persistent yet pointed remarks that undercut your partner's credibility and pride in their own accomplishments. That way, when they inevitably embarrass you by talking about their interests and lives, the other people in the group will dismiss their words and not associate your partner's glaring flaws and foibles as a reflection of you.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

When visiting friends or family, take a poo poo in the master bathroom and don't flush.

It doesn't establish dominance or anything, it's just a fun thing to do.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
If you don't remember all the words for the group eldritch chants that must only be said in darkness, don't worry! Just mumble it and keep on going!

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Sorry about your bad day I just aggressively shitpost after chores.

Yvershek
Nov 15, 2000

and there are no
diamonds in the
mine
Often quote from the Doom comic. Only a fool would bad mouth anyone so focused on eviscerating others.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Dress like a complete knob and/or doofus all the time while claiming that you're just quirky but really it's so that when people inevitably don't like you, you can just tell yourself they couldn't handle your individual expression

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

Buy multiple wedges of the same kinds of cheese and when a party guest uses the brie knife on the camembert you can simply throw the contaminated camembert in the trash and replace it with a fresh, clean wedge from your refrigerator without interrupting the party.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001
Maybe just like, take a chill pill dude.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Buy all the same clothes so you never have to be indecisive about what to wear.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
And then just drink Soylent so you never have to think about tastes again either

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

Dedicate a crisper drawer solely to pickles of all different brands and cut styles. That way you can always have the exact right kind of pickle given any combination of weather, time of day, and sodium levels.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
With enough practice you can train your body to only cum on even or odd numbered tugs, whichever your crazy brain needs to not meltdown.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

cult_hero posted:

Maybe just like, take a chill pill dude.

I can't. Frat kids stole my Xanax and my prescription doesn't get refilled for another two weeks.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

do your taxes before the deadline

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
here are some wifehacks for psychotic people:

*chop
*axe
*bone
*meat

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

Put a key ring through the hole in the zipper of all your pants. Hook it over the button fly when you zip up your pants. No one will ever say hey moron your fly is down again. You’re welcome.

Trollologist
Mar 3, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I used to be super neurotic but then I adopted a pure butter diet, now I have Heart Disease also.

Maybe eat MORE butter than me?

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Is this the lovehacks for erotic people thread

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
buy entire buckets of lard and eat them

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Colonel Cancer posted:

Is this the lovehacks for erotic people thread

yes. share ur lovehacks

i have this tip: freeze your cum

Trollologist
Mar 3, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Mimesweeper posted:

buy entire buckets of lard and eat them

:hmmyes:

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Just budget time into your morning routine to check each of your door locks three times and look at each kitchen appliance and say "off" to verify that it is in fact off.

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

If the numbers on either side of the bar codes middle divider don't add up to the same number, it's ok to move numbers from one side to the other until they do. Don't throw out the product until you've done this.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet

Who What Now posted:

L'Appel Du Videez nutz

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
Whenever you remember an awkward thing from 20 years ago, yell out "gently caress" within earshot of many people to get something new to worry about.

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

The buds of the cannabis plant are rich in a compound called tetrahydrocannabinol. When the buds are heated and inhaled, all of your neuroses gradually melt away and you discover what it feels like to actually enjoy being alive.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

If you eat your own poo poo you don't have to put it in the toilet

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

AKZ posted:

Just budget time into your morning routine to check each of your door locks three times and look at each kitchen appliance and say "off" to verify that it is in fact off.
One day, when you have a spouse, they'll be able to help you by repeating the word "off" after you look at each appliance and say "off" so that later when you forget whether or not you said "off" about a particular appliance, you can call your spouse to confirm instead of driving all the way home.

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

Any time you eat a food that might have, at one time in the past, made you sick, make sure to actively monitor yourself for any signs of stomach upset for at least one full day afterward.

Don't eat again until the monitoring is complete, so as not to introduce confounding variables into your data.

This Is the Zodiac fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Mar 18, 2022

dsf
Jul 1, 2004
save money on entertainment expenses by staring at a wall and disassociating for multiple hours

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

dsf posted:

save money on entertainment expenses by staring at a wall and disassociating for multiple hours

Hell I do this at work and get paid for it

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

check the time on your wristwatch or smartphone

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

What Would Larry David Do?

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

numberoneposter posted:

shill for bitcoin

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

measure your ingredients with a kitchen scale or measuring cups when following a recipe

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

numberoneposter posted:

Beat that dick off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Lifehacks I use:

If you're ever dealing with thoughts of self harming then just realise it would make other people feel bad and you're intentionally doing it what are you some kind of monster just sit and cry you sociopathic piece of poo poo.

In a rush? No worries, just misplace an inconsequential item you don't even need. The existential dread and realisation you're a horrible person who can't do anything right will induce a panic attack and you'll find it pronto and then you're out the door! In tears and out of touch with reality for a bit, but that's efficiency for you.

Keep loved ones safe by insisting that if you haven't been watching food or drinks like a hawk that they're instantly contaminated and they need to be thrown out. But because that'd be a dick move you don't, and just have to pretend you're okay while blaming yourself for when they inevitably get sick and die. You let this happen. Why would you do this?