Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mr_cadaver
Jan 9, 2001
Smile all the time. Don't stop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

never fear if you drink a beer!!!!

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

kntfkr posted:

shill for bitcoin

did he really? That is really on brand for his persona

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

look at your phone when walking behind a woman so they don't think you're following them

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

This Is the Zodiac posted:

One day, when you have a spouse, they'll be able to help you by repeating the word "off" after you look at each appliance and say "off" so that later when you forget whether or not you said "off" about a particular appliance, you can call your spouse to confirm instead of driving all the way home.

*works together to visually verify that each pet is accounted for and then verbally confirm to each other. There are two pets in the household.*

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I'm wondering how many people in this thread have OCD and how many just live with or interact with people with OCD often.

Edit: I hope it's an even amount.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

did he really? That is really on brand for his persona

yeah i see the commercials when i go over my parents cuz they got cable.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

keep track of the number of turns it takes to unscrew a jar lid. that way you'll know how many turns to apply when resealing it.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Bad Purchase posted:

keep track of the number of turns it takes to unscrew a jar lid. that way you'll know how many turns to apply when resealing it.

3.3 IS a good number.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

syntaxfunction posted:

I'm wondering how many people in this thread have OCD and how many just live with or interact with people with OCD often.

Edit: I hope it's an even amount.

Actually diagnosed OCD. It ain’t fun.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

HD DAD posted:

Actually diagnosed OCD. It ain’t fun.

Same. On the plus side, my house is neat and tidy*!

* I will strangle the next person who unironically says that in person.

Spaghett
May 2, 2007

Spooked ya...

The Bramble posted:

While in a public conversation with your romantic partner and others, make persistent yet pointed remarks that undercut your partner's credibility and pride in their own accomplishments. That way, when they inevitably embarrass you by talking about their interests and lives, the other people in the group will dismiss their words and not associate your partner's glaring flaws and foibles as a reflection of you.

Jesus christ

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

so glad my house is neat and tidy

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Just remember no matter how much of an rear end in a top hat you may think you may come off as, you'll never be as much of an rear end in a top hat as any random cat.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Take comfort in knowing that non-neurotic people don't obsess over small details as much as you do, so whatever gaffe you think you committed at your last social gathering was probably forgotten moments later if people even noticed in the first place.

If another neurotic person was at the party they might have noticed, but they are probably too busy agonizing over their own behavior to give yours much thought.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Spaghett posted:

Jesus christ

lol

dr_rat posted:

Just remember no matter how much of an rear end in a top hat you may think you may come off as, you'll never be as much of an rear end in a top hat as any random cat.

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
time management tip - if you set your alarm clock wrong, you’ll get fired, and you’ll have to move away from your family to get another one. best to get up and check the clock is set right

dsf
Jul 1, 2004
using humor as a way to minimize and avoid talking about your emotional distress is a great way to save on therapy costs

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Just blurt out your deep trauma and anxieties, but then after a beat just add "I'm just kidding haha" and brush off anyone who checks on you.

That way you can vent, but absolutely no one needs to deal with it!

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

syntaxfunction posted:

Just blurt out your deep trauma and anxieties, but then after a beat just add "I'm just kidding haha" and brush off anyone who checks on you.

That way you can vent, but absolutely no one needs to deal with it!

this is doubly effective, because they’ll stop checking in on you, saving valuable time

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Ocean Book posted:

this is doubly effective, because they’ll stop checking in on you, saving valuable time

And then you can move on to a new set of people and tell them how everyone always abandons you and you have no idea why. I call this The Migration.

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

If the total amount owed at the gas pump isn't a round number and no more can go in your tank, it's ok to just pump a little onto the ground.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
obnoxiously chill dude

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!

Ocean Book posted:

time management tip - if you set your alarm clock wrong, you’ll get fired, and you’ll have to move away from your family to get another one. best to get up and check the clock is set right

Another good tip is to set your alarm correctly, but then wake up 4 times in the middle of the night in a sweaty panic to obsessively check that it is in fact right and you didn't actually oversleep after all!

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
laying awake at night, trying to sleep and counting the hours that you might attain for rest and weighing out how exhausted you'll be?

don't worry, focus instead on your chest and find that ever growing void. try and measure how much it has grown and just remember that it will be with you, always

suddenly being a little tired as you watch the clock roll toward 4 am doesn't seem so bad!

OMFG FURRY fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Mar 19, 2022

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

If the bag/group of fruit/veg has a multiple of a bad number inside, don't just take one out.

You'll be consumed by guilt and know that no one is going to buy that weird single banana, and it will just slowly rot somewhere, spreading its contamination down the ethereal link created when you separated it from the others.

Instead, gently caress it, you don't actually need those bananas/apples/peppers/etc.

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

(don't touch them or you have to take them and bear the consequences of number)

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

syntaxfunction posted:

And then you can move on to a new set of people and tell them how everyone always abandons you and you have no idea why. I call this The Migration.

variety is the spice of life :)

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I am sorry. I have no vices for you to exploit.

This Is the Zodiac posted:

The buds of the cannabis plant are rich in a compound called tetrahydrocannabinol. When the buds are heated and inhaled, all of your neuroses gradually melt away and you discover what it feels like to actually enjoy being alive.

After ten years of habitual smoking I eventually accepted that weed makes all the neuroses much worse

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Hell Yeah posted:

stop jacking off for like two weeks. then when you bust it's like a quart. nice

This, but jack off frequently, at least once a day or more, that way you get to cum a lot. When you desire a bigger than normal load, just focus on your favorite fetish while tugging.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Ralph Hurley posted:

Put a key ring through the hole in the zipper of all your pants. Hook it over the button fly when you zip up your pants. No one will ever say hey moron your fly is down again. You’re welcome.

Also good for when a zipper tag falls off, never to be found.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
If you hate yourself and confine in a self inflicted solitary confinement for the rest of your life, you won't give anyone a chance to hate you or think you're a weird loser :)

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players
instead of memorizing the number of steps on each flight of stairs you take, just remember if it's even or odd to know if you should start on 1 or 2

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Just remember that if you turn in a complete circle, you did not end up in the same place you started. You gotta turn the opposite way afterwards to return to your home reality. :)

lllllllllllllllllll
Feb 28, 2010

Now the scene's lighting is perfect!
just don't leave the house anymore haha

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

The Bramble posted:

While in a public conversation with your romantic partner and others, make persistent yet pointed remarks that undercut your partner's credibility and pride in their own accomplishments. That way, when they inevitably embarrass you by talking about their interests and lives, the other people in the group will dismiss their words and not associate your partner's glaring flaws and foibles as a reflection of you.

man this post just put so much of my past experiences into context that i can never unsee

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

When you're shutting down the laboratory for the weekend make sure to take a picture of the primary instrumentation control panels so you can be sure that they're really fully powered down.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

AKZ posted:

When you're shutting down the laboratory for the weekend make sure to take a picture of the primary instrumentation control panels so you can be sure that they're really fully powered down.

Holy poo poo that's brilliant.

dsf
Jul 1, 2004
its OK to cancel plans and decline invitations to social events. they all think you're weird and probably hate you anyway. plus now you have more time to play Elden Ring™

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Just don't sleep ever. Someone is always going to be calling and relying on you. Just give up on everything you like until you're so burnt out you have to be institutionalized. The shadow people can't do it on their own.