Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PBCrunch
Jun 17, 2002

Lawrence Phillips Always #1 to Me
You can upload a photo of a vehicle to https://carnet.ai/ and let some image recognition software try to identify the make and model of a car in the picture. I just tried it with my 1993 Toyota Pickup and it didn't do a very good job.

The computer got the color of my truck right, and it also figured out the angle the picture was taken. It reached the incorrect conclusion that I drive a 98-02 Land Rover Discovery. The front ends are similar in a generic truck kind of way, but I have no idea how it mistook a pickup shape for an SUV. Whatever happened, the computer is 99.98% sure of its guess.

I fed it a picture of the front end and it misidentified as an unknown model of Nissan. Maybe the older the vehicle the worse the ID? It made me wonder, what types of modifications make it harder for the AI? My truck is lowered and has tinted windows and some goofy wheels on it.

Oh man, this just gets better and better. Now it think my truck is an Alfa GTV.

A slightly newer vehicle (a first-gen Lexus SC, but not mine). Getting warmer, I guess? Those Celicas did have kind of a baby-SC quad-headlight front end design.

Eureka! The computer correctly identified the make, model, and generation.

Now it is your turn AI!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black88GTA
Oct 8, 2009
Tried this on some of my old / current cars...

Close, I guess? but no

Got it

:pwn:

It didn't even want to guess at these :(

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
Seems to work fine for me

PBCrunch
Jun 17, 2002

Lawrence Phillips Always #1 to Me
That isn't fair. The AI saw "vehicle on the back of a flat bed" and automatically knew it was a Land Rover.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
Didn't categorize as a subaru, am confuse