Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will you leave behind?
spare tire
change of clothes
first aid kit
food
dog food
cat food
your dignity
goku
View Results

sb hermit

gas is too high

Many people have assembled survival kits during the pandemic as a hobby and just in case it turned people into zombies. But while we can see the logic behind emergency kits, it wouldn't hurt to pare them down a bit if you're not going on a road trip anytime soon.

Now that spring is coming (or has come), it's easy to do stuff like unload extra clothing or emergency chocolate or snowshoes. But what about the other essentials that may not be apparent to the rest of us?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sb hermit

mods, if possible, please change to a checkbox poll

sb hermit

my back isn't going to like it, but the 200lb stone tablet I keep around to record diary entries to last 10,000 years will have to come back out again

sb hermit

I'm not carrying around this printer anymore in case Jenny wants it back. I'll just leave it home from now on and if she wants me to carry it over then she'll just text me

ok, maybe I could keep it with me for a week, but not one day longer!

biosterous

i choose to leave op's dignity out of my survival kit. everyone shoud pack their own dignity and not rely on others to pack it for them imo

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Heather Papps

hello friend

goku has a flying cloud and also can fly without the cloud

he doesn't need a seat in my bug out van

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
i wish i COULD leave my spare tire behind (im fat)

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

google THIS

You can safely drop the cat food

In a pinch they can just eat you and you kind of deserve it for bringing them in the car to begin with (I am paraphrasing my own cats' opinions for that last bit)

Escape From Noise

Dutifully eating all the excess instant ramen.

Manifisto

I've been working for years to strip my emergency margarita machine down to the barest essentials but have found no way around a solid brass gearbox and standard full-tower boiler configuration. can you even call a life at less than 3 mpm living?

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

sb hermit posted:

mods, if possible, please change to a checkbox poll

sorry friend I can't find a way to do that offhand

ty nesamdoom!

nut

you don’t need a knife just break everything over your knee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sb hermit

Manifisto posted:

sorry friend I can't find a way to do that offhand

that's fine. can I get a sixer please

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)