Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pixaal

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Dr. Honked posted:

they very recently improved the ethnic diversity of the output, too, and i'd love to know how they did that, because the way these neural nets work is somewhat abstract

They generally have multiple versions forked and training. One of them was more diverse and didn't show worse results so they culled for that trait reiterated and repeated. Nvidia is claiming about 8.5 hours to train an AI on the V100. I was curious so I looked at the marketing material.... waaaaay outside my price range. I hope to one day own a 3rd or 4th hand AI card that's outdated to mess with that I pay like $100 for.

sig by owlhawk911

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

pixaal posted:

They generally have multiple versions forked and training. One of them was more diverse and didn't show worse results so they culled for that trait reiterated and repeated. Nvidia is claiming about 8.5 hours to train an AI on the V100. I was curious so I looked at the marketing material.... waaaaay outside my price range. I hope to one day own a 3rd or 4th hand AI card that's outdated to mess with that I pay like $100 for.

ooh that's interesting, thank

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

Dr. Honked posted:

they very recently improved the ethnic diversity of the output, too, and i'd love to know how they did that, because the way these neural nets work is somewhat abstract

don't listen to that sci-fi mumbo-jumbo. the neural network gained consciousness a long time ago and we're all going to die

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
that last part is incidental, fyi. sorry we're all not immortal ai gods

pixaal

An AI will outlive us someday, but that AI is not DALLE, something else will replace it, DALLE will probably be long forgotten before the age of 21, DALLE will never know the taste of alcohol or the weed.

sig by owlhawk911

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

pixaal posted:

An AI will outlive us someday, but that AI is not DALLE, something else will replace it, DALLE will probably be long forgotten before the age of 21, DALLE will never know the taste of alcohol or the weed.

DALL-E will never touch a boob

Nosfereefer

stop taunting it!

Finger Prince

Finger Prince

FutonForensic

lol

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )
Crossposting dis

Thanks to Heather Papps for sweet sig, click for more hot lady action

sigs by luvcow and Khanstant.
Click on Spoonville for a neat surprise

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Finger Prince

Chewbecca

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Chewbecca

Tag yourself, I am top left

Chewbecca

Chewbecca

Nosfereefer

Nosfereefer

Nosfereefer

Nosfereefer

somehow it generated something that looks more like zizek than the actual guy

Nosfereefer

pixaal

Couldn't get good results with motorcycle, Moped is close enough! Naming the driver also messed it up, tried Pope, Wolverine, and Jackie Chan.

sig by owlhawk911

google THIS

I'm feeling nerdy so I want to give my unresearched hypothesis about a lot of the AI image weirdness, especially regarding faces and hands

First, people have a specialized brain structure for processing faces, so our standard of accuracy is higher for faces than it is for other objects, and we expect certain traits of even abstract or cartoonish faces. Otherwise they fall into an uncanny valley of eldritch horrors far more quickly than, say, limb proportions or clothing creases being a little off

Second, these AIs are largely trained on two-dimensional images and have little context to tie them to three dimensional space, though I suspect that some of the more advanced engines are trying to solve that. So while we can perceive objects as rotated to a certain angle, changing the shape of features or hiding them from view, many AIs see arbitrary amorphism and a variable number of limbs and digits

pixaal

Well if you notice most of the free ones are low resolution, the faces are what your brain is best at figuring out from a low resolution.

These free ones can't upscale because when you do the entire thing looks weird like the faces. If you look and actually study say a yard sale on mars it looks like mars and a yard sale but go try and identify a single item at that yard sale. You can go "I think this is a blue dress maybe" but you aren't sure.

They are 90% of the way there visually but like 10% of the way there in reality. Look at what the current leaders DALLE2 (DALLE-mini is an attempt to make DALLE-1 but open source, it's not an actually related project which is why it's not Craiyon) Mid Journey is the other current excellent one. MJ is 20 minutes for free card time if you go on their discord, $10/month for 200 minutes or $30/month for unlimited. DALLE2 is invite only beta with 80 images a week if you get in no current payment plans that I know of but I'm not in DALLE2)

There is the whole training bias and that human history has biases and it's probably impossible to get an unbiased training set until we understand this better. My favorite part is that the people making the AI aren't even sure how they full work. It's like I made it, I wrote the code, but *shrug* no idea why it thinks the Joker is blue and yellow instead of purple and green

We're getting there, I'm very excited to see what comes out in the next few years, but I'm also afraid this is going to get locked up and deemed too expensive. (You ever price renting one of these v100 cards from say Amazon or Microsoft web hosting? They're like $30/hr and an image set takes about 1 minute to generate)

pixaal fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Jul 22, 2022

sig by owlhawk911

pixaal

see if we look closely we can actually tear this image apart. He's hitting the pizza stone with maybe a hawk feather? But it's blurry could be a corndog. But that's my brain trying to see it as an image to the AI it's just a brown smear. This AI is at the point of recognizing what colors should go where to make what is desired but not the overall shape or what anything is. Vapor and Smoke are just transparency and random noise. His left hand looks like it's covered in ice for some reason if you look close enough, likely intended by the AI to be more smoke.

If you activate your Mid Journey trial on their discord you can upscale and make variants based on your prompt and that image and it's neat. You get to real time play with that effect and understand it better. I highly recommend you find some time to play with that, but I also get wanting to have a plan (though the trial is in run minutes not days! So doesn't matter too much and you can lurk and see what everyone else is doing since MJ is open source on everything and your generated images get dumped into a public discord)

pixaal fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Jul 22, 2022

sig by owlhawk911

Chewbecca

Now I am filled with deep sorrow and profound regret

Nosfereefer

Chewbecca posted:

Now I am filled with deep sorrow and profound regret

this seems really symbolic somehow

Plant MONSTER.

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
Let's get back to the real comedy. TEXT.

Here are some funny things I think a seagull would say if it could speak english starting with...

Number 1-
"When did you stop loving your wife?"

Number 2- "Are you the one that killed my child."

Number 3- "So how do you like the new house?"

Number 4- "Your going to have a great day?"

Number 5- "Good morning to you too!"

Number 6- "Your better looking than the last one."

Number 7- "If I was you I would take that job. You'll never be as lonely as me."

Number 8- "They're just birds."

Number 9- "All birds poo poo you just watch where you step."

Number 10- "I'm just a bird of flight you can't hurt me."

Number 11- "I was an alien until I saw your ugly face."

Number 12- "What's your hurry"

Number 13- "Where do you live"

Number 14- "Who lives there?"

Number 15- "Did you say good bye?"

Number 16- "I never said goodbye."

Number 17- "How are you?"

Number 18- "Where is your mother?"

Number 19- "Would you mind"

Number 20- "I just thought of something"

Number 21- "Do you think I'm pretty?"

Number 22- "I know what you did last summer"

Number 23- "How long are you going to be here?"

Number 24- "How can you be a dentist?"

Number 25- "It's just a bird"

Number 26- "What kind of a bird are you?"

Number 27- "What makes a bird a bird?"

Number 28- "What do birds know about tooth decay?"

Number 29- "I used to be a bird"

Number 30- "I used to be a dentist."

google THIS

You are standing in a FORUM. There is a HAMMOCK KITTY to the North and a POST BUTTON to the South.

> south

You approach the POST BUTTON.

> take button

You cannot take the POST BUTTON. It is glued to the DOM. You have been LURKING for a long time. You begin to feel a powerful URGE.

> post

You make a beautiful POST. Several ORBS reply to your POST, asking about your HOBBIES, PETS, and CRIMES. What will you POST about?

> crimes

You begin to type a POST about the time you
went to bed and woke up and someone was trying to stick a post-it note under the pillow. It turns out that the someone was you! You were trying to see if you could get your HOBBIES, PETS, and CRIMES posted on the forum.

> crimes

That is an interesting CRIME you are POSTing.

> crimes

You have to leave in the morning. You are in a hurry. You want to be out of this DOM, but there is something in your SOUL that drives you to stay here. There is a FISH that you wish you could CATCH in this forum, but it escapes you and you must leave. You make another POST to continue your journey, but you are never heard from again.

> crimes

You leave this forum. You were SURROUNDED by the LURES of the DOM.

> dom

This is the DOM. The DOM is real. The DOM is important.

> dom

You are on your way home. You have a nice HAMMOCK KITTY. There is always SOMETHING you should BE doing in the DOM. You will go into the DOM tomorrow and you will do it.

> home

You go into your own house. You have a nice HAMMOCK KITTY and you can CATCH a FISH if you want.

> house

> home

So, this is the home of the HAMMOCK KITTY. This is a real place. There are other things that make this place real. This is a forum. There are different rules and different people and it is real in a strange and beautiful way. You have to know that in order to understand what people mean when they say they like a place or thing.

> forum

It is important to know that this is a forum.

> forum

There are other rules to follow.

> rules

It is important to follow the rules.

> rules

There are different people to understand.

> people

It is important to understand other people.

> people

There are also things to understand.

> things

So, this is the place and this is the forum and it is important to know all of these things in order to understand other people and things and places.

> forum

It is important to know that you are in a forum and that this forum is different from others.

google THIS

You are inside the infamous restaurant known as JETH'S CHICKEN TITT'S. To the north is the CASHIER. To the west is an unattended PLATE of BITCH'S AND WAGIES. To the east is an unattended PLATE of UNCLE GORD'S FAT DICKINS. You are very hungry.

> inventory

You are holding $1 and a C***** for a free order of CHICKEN TITT'S. You have no memory of how you acquired the C*****

> take bitches

The CASHIER looks at you balefully. You'd better distract him first.

> north

You are standing on front of the CASHIER.
The place is teeming with customers, most of whom are dressed like their own personal Titty Man, with Tits for Eyes and Nipples for Whiskers. One very fat man (a bit like Uncle Gord) is leaning over to your right, drinking from a CARTON OF LION BLOOD. A group of men, looking a bit like the Dereham Boys, are leaning against the bar opposite the CASHIER. One of them looks just like TittyMan. He sneers at you.

> south

On the other side of the CASHIER is an ALLEY. Several Titty Men are walking down it towards the CASHIER.

> north

You can hear one of the men say "Hah! Look at the big man!"

> south

An incredibly handsome Titty Man is standing directly in front of the CASHIER, smoking a CIGARETTE. He smiles at you.

> east

You see no PLATE OF UNCLE GORD'S FAT DICKINS, just some FART and another Titty Man. The Titty Man is staring at you. He raises his middle finger.

> east

He points to a CARTON of LION BLOOD on a shelf behind him, next to some PLATES of SLUMBER and WALLOP. You hear him say "Hey, big boy, what you think about that?"

> east

You hear a CARTON POP OPEN and the Titty Man say "Ahh! That one's cold. I want hot stuff!"

> east

You look over the counter at the CASHIER. It seems to be made out of CARTONS OF LION BLOOD. You notice a large CRACK in the CASHIER.

> east

You think you may have seen a WAGYER running towards the alleyway, as if he were scared. You think you may have seen a LITTLE GIRL as well.

> east

You are not actually sure. You are not actually sure if you saw them at all. You are not actually sure if they were just figments of your imagination. You are not actually sure what you did yesterday or where you've been. You don't actually remember any of that.

> east

You have lost your mind. You don't remember coming here. You don't remember any of this.

> east

You are getting very confused. You are getting very, very, confused.

> east

You remember walking into the CASHIER. You remember a bit of the CASHIER. You remember the man you were with. You remember some things about him, some that you knew he was a murderer and the rest that was all a dream. You remember the man you were with was a Titty Man. You remember that a wagyer and a little girl came up to you and started talking. You remember the wagyer saying something that you can't understand, the little girl saying something that you can't understand, you and the wagyer saying something that you can't understand. You remember some things that happen at the end. You remember walking out the back and sitting in the toilet, crying, and being so confused that you didn't know where you were.

> east

You don't even know if you're at JETH'S CHICKEN TITT'S.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

I just need a big PLATE of SLUMBER and WALLOP

Plant MONSTER.

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
yes sublime content

Plant MONSTER.

You wake up at STANCY'S FANCY CHICKEN TITT EMPORIUM. Usually you'd eat at JETH's but you two are currently FUEDING. You walk up to the fancy counter, which is adorned with doilies and look at the CASHIER, who is dressed really cutely and has a LIVE WASP on her head.

>you ORDER some CHICKEN TIITS

the cashier frowns and
calls your order into the BACK and you hear THINGS CLINK.
>YOU wait
>the cashier comes back with your order.
>it's a little bigger than usual
>there is a card with YOUR PERSONALIZED BIRTHDAY NOTE attached.
>you place the CHICKEN TIITS on the counter and read the personalized birthday note.
>
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
YOU'RE A LITTLE UNCOMFORTABLE. HOW DID THE CASHIER KNOW IT WAS YOUR BIRTHDAY?!
THE CASHIER hands you YOUR TITS.
"MAYBE YOU SHOULD SWALLOW THEM PRONTO SIR" she advises.
>you TRY but you CAN'T get them down
"THEY'RE STUCK" she says.
>you PANIC.
>you FLUSH THE TIITS down the toilet
>you PEE on the toilet bowl
>you SCREAM
>you PUSH the TIITS down with your hand
>you WAIT
>
>the cashier takes your money
"YOU CAN'T HAVE THEM!" she yells as you SCREAM and TRY to get your TITTIES BACK.
"THEY'RE MINE NOW!" she yells.
You go home.
>YOU PEE on the TOILET and WIPE IT with the CASHIER'S FACEBOOK PICTURE
>you FEED IT TO the CASHIER'S PET GIRL CHICKEN
>YOU eat your PIZZA DOUGH and you EAT THE CHICKEN TIITS that were INSIDE of the PIZZA DOUGH.
>YOU BITE a WHOLE PIECE OFF the CASHIER'S FACE and EAT IT.
>you EAT MORE CASHIER'S FACE
>you DIE.

pixaal

wow that got violent fast

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
Write the lyrics for a rap song entitled "Hotdog machine juice trap leakage"

I'm in the hotdog machine,

And I'm feeling mighty fine.

I'm juicin' up the dogs,

And I'm ready to trap.

Leakage is all I see,

But I'm not giving up.

I'm gonna keep on juicin',

Till I'm the last one standing.

Hotdog machine juice,

Is all I'm ever gonna need.

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
Write the lyrics for a rap song entitled "Hotdog machine juice trap leakage". The song's mood is angry, protesting injustices against hot dog juice

I can't believe the injustice
Hot dog juice is being trapped
Leaking out of the machine
Unacceptable, this must be stopped

How can we let this happen?
Hot dog juice is a national treasure
And it's being wasted, just leaked out
This is a travesty, a crime against humanity

We won't stand for it
We'll protest, we'll fight
Until hot dog juice is free
To flow and be enjoyed by all

google THIS

:3:

Finger Prince

the one on the middle right's disk is showing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
dall-e is technically "good" i guess but craiyon (dall-e mini) is way way way better imho

dall-e:

craiyon: