Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )

Thanks to Heather Papps for sweet sig, click for more hot lady action

sigs by luvcow and Khanstant.
Click on Spoonville for a neat surprise

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chewbecca

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Chewbecca

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

Dr. Honked posted:

dall-e is technically "good" i guess but craiyon (dall-e mini) is way way way better imho

dall-e:

craiyon:

agreed. it's like comparing a technically well drawn picture to outsider art

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

pixaal

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Anyone else playing with Disco AI? You need to run it on your Google account and use several free services. I recommend a clean Google account just for this, tie it to your current with recovery email and use like a short name first initial for the last name.

New account because I caught this thing using 10GB of my drive as a cache, that's most of your unpaid space. Oh it also auto saves the final image to your Google drive, it's neat! You can set steps to be saved too all with every setting that was used in a text file!

https://bytexd.com/get-started-with-disco-diffusion-to-created-ai-generated-art/

Very important they say make a copy to your Google drive under file, do that. One step is granting the notebook full admin access to your Google drive! If it's your notebook that means it's just you, if not the admins of that book I think can technically peek at your drive.

Anyway part of this is you need to run the notebook on Google AI servers, your going to borrow exclusive access to an AI card from Google for a new hours, They let me borrow a Tesla T4 for 5 hours yesterday. All free!

T4 is slow about 40 minutes for a 500 step generation I recommend taking the default 250 step and bringing it up this AI isn't super great at much but resolution on first pass the real strength is how much you can tweak and play with settings to get what you want. It also makes high res images for AI.

All you Have to do is change the prompt section and press run everything. It's pretty easy but it's more technical looking and very much a step up in complication to use but you can feed it images to keep working things and even make video. I haven't played with much.

Dalle2's biggest strength is that image reprocessor where you delete part of the image and let it rework it, disco can't do that. I think mini / crayon is still the best single prompt AI but it's fun to pick the best of a few to keep working further and be part of the creative process vs just throwing in some words.

Oh if you luck into a good card you can render in a few minutes. I got like the lowest end card they offer.

pixaal fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Jul 30, 2022

pixaal

sig by owlhawk911

deep dish peat moss

openai finally sent me a dall-e 2 invite this week :allears: throw me some prompts I have a few hundred credits left!

dubai as painted by beksinski and by roger dean

t

archaeologists digging up meat from the desert

galleon in a galaxy

an astronaut using a boombox to fly past a rainbow

optimus prime and megatron hugging in front of a rainbow. also dinosaurs high-fiving in front of a rainbow

some notes:
I've generated hundreds of these and have figured out how to finesse it to get various styles so I will probably add a little to your prompt or rephrase it, if you want it entered as-is make sure to tell me!

There's a strict content policy. I cannot share or intentionally generate anything featuring: hate, acts of violence, real people (famous or otherwise), anything political, anything conspiracy-related, violence (including cartoon violence, also includes things like depictions of humiliation), anything shocking or illegal (no weed, sorry), anything sexual, anything re: health

^ That's like, real strict. I can't request a cartoon thief stealing a loaf of bread for example

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Jul 31, 2022

deep dish peat moss

Dall-e 2 is much better with faces. It can't generate a specific face (and you can get auto-banned for even trying depending on the context of the rest of the prompt) but faces are no problem if you write the prompts correctly. (Also it can totally do specific faces if you request a Caricature of said face :ssh: but I can't share anything featuring faces of real people)

Faces where I didn't write the prompt correctly:

Faces after I learned how to write prompts:

It interprets prompts very literally so if you want to make sure something is included (like a face), you need to indicate that via a word that refers to faces in the prompt. It's as easy as adding something like "caricature" or "portrait" to maximize your chances that a face is included. What I've been learning with Dall-E 2 is that you can truly go down a bizarre rabbit hole of tagging various things like that onto a prompt to get something of a very specific style (and then you can use the same tags to achieve the same style on other pieces, it's really neat!), it is not at all hindered by (stylistic) complexity (but complexity of subject matter is relatively difficult)

For example, if you ask it for "flat-shaded two-tone digital chic art with clean lines" you'll get stuff like this:

whereas if you ask it for "digital art" you'll get something more like:

(But if there's a prompt you want me to run through it, you don't have to do all of that unless you want to, i'll do all of that for you)

I've mostly been using it for sci-fi and fantasy art, I have hundreds of things that I should upload into a gallery somewhere

On an absolutely bizarre note: I'm a small-time artist and if you search for my real name in Google you get my instagram featuring art, a couple hundred small, relatively unimpressive pieces. If I ask dall-e 2 for something "in the style of [myfirstname] [mylastname]" it remarkably captures my subject matter, perspectives, and designs fairly well. Not as well as any famous artist (because it has less examples from me to be trained on) but... I'm there, the AI knows about me, it knows about all of us :psyduck:

In closing, here is a post-apocalyptic Ronald McDonald

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Jul 31, 2022

pixaal

Have you tried using the same seed and changing a single word yet? Does DALLE2 give you seed control? You really want that if you want to get a very good feel for what it is doing.

By using a seed the same "random" events happen every run this means changing nothing should produce the same image. This is why the seed is normally randomized. Static is for learning or tweaking (you should be able to see the seed that was used for your image so use random until you get what you want)

pixaal fucked around with this message at 10:46 on Jul 31, 2022

Chewbecca

Chewbecca

pixaal

I am man-bread! Bread shaped like a man, or a man made out of bread? You decide

sig by owlhawk911

deep dish peat moss

pixaal posted:

Have you tried using the same seed and changing a single word yet? Does DALLE2 give you seed control? You really want that if you want to get a very good feel for what it is doing.

By using a seed the same "random" events happen every run this means changing nothing should produce the same image. This is why the seed is normally randomized. Static is for learning or tweaking (you should be able to see the seed that was used for your image so use random until you get what you want)

It doesn't have a seed phrase that's separate from the prompt, but it's incredibly good at interpreting prompts and determining which parts are stylistic tags (same organization that gave us gpt after all), and yeah this is totally possible. Here's a post I made about it somewhere else

deep dish peat moss posted:

(only tangentially related to the discussion in the last few posts) I have written a brief guide for crafting better Dall-E 2 prompts to control the style of the image, as well as a showcase of Dall-E 2's ability to handle stylistic complexity

"The view out the window of a luxury apartment in a cyberpunk future."

"The view out the window of a luxury apartment in a cyberpunk future. Digital art"

"The view out the window of a luxury apartment in a cyberpunk future. Flat-shaded digital art"

"The view out the window of a luxury apartment in a cyberpunk future. Flat-shaded digital art in 1980s Anime style"

"The view out the window of a luxury apartment in a cyberpunk future. Flat-shaded digital art in 1980s Anime style and a rainy mood"

"The view out the window of a luxury apartment in a neon cyberpunk future. Flat-shaded digital art in 1980s Anime style and a rainy mood with reflections"

"The view out the window of a luxury apartment in a neon cyberpunk future. Flat-shaded digital art in 1980s Anime style and a stormy, rainy mood with reflections"

^This is close to the image I was hoping for when wrote the initial prompt, and I kept tweaking it with words that I felt would get me closer to that reality.

You can keep going and get much more detailed. You can also cultivate a selection of proprietary 'tags' like this that you apply to multiple prompts to generate them in a fairly consistent style that others with access to the same tool can't easily recreate. This is where the "art" of AI generated art is going to come in. Writing sentences packed with evocative language provides significantly more fine control of the end product. It works better with stylistic complexity than subject matter complexity currently, but this is for example why, from the perspective of commercial art, a "skilled artist" is still required to create the best finished pieces. That being said this gives a single artist a creative output that would otherwise take an entire art team significant time investment to create and that fucks up the whole commercial art space. It's also going to place visual art output in the hands of talented writers instead of actual visual artists and that's weird as hell.

In the future when I can create an entire 30 minute cartoon with AI by uploading a script I wrote, we're still going to be entertained by the creative minds of "artists", because there will be a very clear stylistic difference between a cartoon generated based on e.g. a published author with powerful writing vs. a teenager writing fanfic-level text. I could even see future art generation tools involving some kind of "seed phrase" unique to each "artist" that sets some certain stylistic things and makes one artist's work discernibly different from another's. I don't think humans will ever be entirely removed from this equation because ultimately what makes art cool is that it's a peek at the world that exists in someone else's mind, and even with AI-generated art it will continue to be that. There will just be far, far more of it, and it will be much harder to stand out and compete.

These were all made using slight variations of my "main" seed phrase (still working on tweaking it) but different subjects:

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Jul 31, 2022

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

Plant MONSTER.

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
ok for you dalle2 folks, I wanna see Princess Daisy holding a floral sword!

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Plant MONSTER. posted:

ok for you dalle2 folks, I wanna see Princess Daisy holding a floral sword!

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
dall-e isn't supposed to render weapons so i'm surprised at those results

Chewbecca

Chewbecca

Would (eat all of these cakes)

deep dish peat moss

Dr. Honked posted:

dall-e isn't supposed to render weapons so i'm surprised at those results

They've been relaxing the filters over time

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

lmao

pixaal

Google told me someone paying them needed the AI card I was using for free and killed my job so here's some mini

sig by owlhawk911

They Might Be

quote:

"sonic the hedgehog in a mason jar, 70mm carl zeiss lens, golden hour"

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

that's wondrous

Chewbecca

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
"bad"?? they fuckin RULE

Finger Prince

Sherbert Hoover

Working hard, thank you!

holy poo poo

this sig is protected by Simsmagic!

pixaal

Mario is making raspberries on sonic's tummy in one

sig by owlhawk911

google THIS

When I found out Samus was a woman I immediately wrote an angry tweet about it. Then I realized no one reads my tweets.

Finger Prince

Plant MONSTER.

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

google THIS posted:

When I found out Samus was a woman I immediately wrote an angry tweet about it. Then I realized no one reads my tweets.

When I found out Master Chief wasn't a woman, I was so angry I left my mom. I couldn't talk to her. And since I'm not allowed to talk to my dad, either, I didn't have anyone to talk to. But I still had that old video of me shooting the .50-caliber machine gun. And that video made me feel really good about myself. I used to watch that video every day for two or three years. And the only reason I stopped is I didn't have the disk anymore, so I had to watch the VHS.

Chewbecca

Sherbert Hoover

Working hard, thank you!
All I want is a gf I can watch pour blue fluid on a tampon 1x/month, but the rest of the time I want someone who isn't a freak!

That's why I don't have one.

I've got a gf who's into a threesome, but she doesn't gently caress me. It sucks because she's perfect in every way. She's very feminine. She's not a freak at all.

She fucks and plays with her girlfriends, but not me. I'm such a bad lay, even when she wants to have sex.

I need a loving cock to replace my own.

:stare:

Sherbert Hoover

Working hard, thank you!
we are really messing robots up with our bullshit

pixaal

Sherbert Hoover posted:

All I want is a gf I can watch pour blue fluid on a tampon 1x/month, but the rest of the time I want someone who isn't a freak!

That's why I don't have one.

I've got a gf who's into a threesome, but she doesn't gently caress me. It sucks because she's perfect in every way. She's very feminine. She's not a freak at all.

She fucks and plays with her girlfriends, but not me. I'm such a bad lay, even when she wants to have sex.

I need a loving cock to replace my own.

:stare:

Why did you train your AI on GBS?

sig by owlhawk911

google THIS

Majestic

google THIS

:pwn:

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
lel