Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heather Papps

hello friend

hello welcome to the thread about incense. i am very stupid and don't know much but i know i like nice smells. nag champa, the official kind, is bad, don't buy it. that's about what i know.

currently burning some sandlewood stick incense. i like the sticks because i can glance at them and tell how much longer they will burn and also my friend got me this blue footed booby stick holder and i like to use it.

there's no joke. this is a thread to talk about incense or maybe scented candles, or those weird cubes you melt in a dish to make it smell nice.

maybe you boil cinnamon in water. maybe you smudge dried out sage picked during a new moon. tell me how you make your life smell better i love you thank you for your time have a really nice smelling day thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biosterous

bengal spice tea is a good incense imo and then you get to drink it afterwards too

basically boiled cinnamon and some other spices

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Heather Papps

hello friend

i bet on reddit there's a guy explaining how aromatics in the air aren't necessarily incense and i hate it.

tea and even a pot of coffee will make your house smell nice.

also - wax warmers don't even really need scented cubes. beeswax melted will fill your home with a nice smell, and maybe clean the air or something i don't know

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

HELLOMYNAMEIS___

i like burning incense in a holder i made myself out of clay. i couldn't find any with sides, so i had to make one.

i inherited a wooden incense burner that was shaped like a man with a pipe. you would put cone incense into the abdomen of the man and smoke would come out the mouth. it's since been lost to time.

sometimes, i'll order incense from tibetan charities like tibet relief fund.

The Walrus Cancer

If we were all trees, there'd be no more wars. 'Cause we'd be trees.
Is cannabis an incense?

Dumb jokes aside, I have a dry herb vaporizer that has a potpourri bowl that can be used to make the air smell like plants. My partner claims it makes the room smell nice, but I have to take her word for it, since my poor sense of smell means almost all air smells the same to me.

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

i love the way making homemade chicken stock makes my house smell.

i dont really like incense because alot if makes things smell kind of stuffy? musty? and maybe the smoke bothers my sinuses? but i do like when my house smells nice and I try to bring in nice smelling flowers when they are blooming. my old lady cousin has a bunch of lavender growing in her yard and she has dried lavender stuffed in every drawer and hanging from the ceiling and her house smells so good.

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Heather Papps

hello friend

a sprig of lilac will make your home byob in colour and smell!

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
ngl, incense smells like somebodys trying to cover up what theyre smoking

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Heather Papps

hello friend

this is something i have found: tobacco/weed smoke inside plus incense = yuck gross no thanks. incense by itself though i find really pleasant but it's also such a wildly personal preference i can't hold people not liking it against them.

last time i bought incense i got some sage sticks and they are almost as good as smudging real sage but i'm out of what i picked this year.

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
Sandalwood sticks have always been my fave too OP but I like cones too b/c u can do tricks like making the smoke roll down an incline or collect in a pool if u try burning it in different containers

I like patchouli but I don't wear patchouli because I'm a secret hippie and no one needs 2 know about it

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Areola Grande posted:

Sandalwood sticks have always been my fave too OP but I like cones too b/c u can do tricks like making the smoke roll down an incline or collect in a pool if u try burning it in different containers

I like patchouli but I don't wear patchouli because I'm a secret hippie and no one needs 2 know about it

I wear patchouli but I'm not a hippie, they can't take good smells from me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finger Prince

I like to burn incense sometimes, especially during house cleaning activities. I had a pine
which was nice. I like the smell of the stuff at Japanese temples but that's like votive stuff so kinda weird to burn at home unless you're praying at your little family shrine. But I guess removed from the cultural context it's just nice smelly sticks.