Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

blight rhino posted:

i came home from the airport late Saturday night. There were a group of guys outside my neighbors looking around and just looking weird. I asked what's up.
Apparently while neighbors were hosting a group, someone came up in their front yard and ripped down a gay pride flag.

i'm straight. i don't know my neighbors. but i liked looking at it in the mornings and being like "right on."

i've already ordered a replacement flag, and have plans to go introduce myself and offer the replacement, with the caveat that they don't need to hang it back up, since it might get got, again.

I have friends and a family member in the community, and I'm all about rights, and flying that flag.
I want to tell them I want to bust the head of the person that did that.

it's not a super great neighborhood, but that poo poo is kind of past the line. I didn't do anything when I saw Trump signs, and recently Youngkin (Virginia). Kind of makes me regret that I didn't do anything, but that'd be stooping to the level.

bottom line, am i going to come off as really weird and awkward? (i mean besides my innate weirdness and awkwardness)

would this be a stupid gesture? i don't want to put pressure on anyone. and like i said, i'd be happy if they took it and just chucked it in their closet or something. i'd just like them to know that at least someone in the neighborhood recognizes what happened, and think it's lovely.

you did say sentences

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost
"No, no! It's fine! You're fine! Just don't look"