Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo
ive. Or like your bad if you complain about it. Im guessing this is some kind of defense of epic biden but I can't quite put my finger on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
There's literally no posts like that, moron, quit projecting your dumb loving cult behaviorisms

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo

Jelly posted:

There's literally no posts like that, moron, quit projecting your dumb loving cult behaviorisms

brah

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

I do however see a bunch of posts from chuds who have driven vehicles that get less than 15 MPG their whole entire life bitching about the price of gas getting told to shut the gently caress up

Maybe that's what you're confused about

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo
"Americans... The only people who sit idling in cars wasting gas at starbucks waiting to buy a $5.00 latte.... While bitching that gas costs $4.00 per gallon... Oh the irony"

^^^ from occupy democrats.

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo

Jelly posted:

I do however see a bunch of posts from chuds who have driven vehicles that get less than 15 MPG their whole entire life bitching about the price of gas getting told to shut the gently caress up

Maybe that's what you're confused about

Is your brain broken op?

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo
You're literally describing the exact phenomenon im posting about but shrouding it as some "chuds getting owned" thing

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

styls trill epic posted:

"Americans... The only people who sit idling in cars wasting gas at starbucks waiting to buy a $5.00 latte.... While bitching that gas costs $4.00 per gallon... Oh the irony"

^^^ from occupy democrats.

Uhh, yeah, that's ironic and an apt observation. Not sure where you're going with this.

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo
lol forever at thinking Biden bad=trump good. Mah critical thinking is too big.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo

Jelly posted:

Uhh, yeah, that's ironic and an apt observation. Not sure where you're going with this.

its not ironic op and its an incredibly stupid non-observation op.

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo

hello classist meltdown guy

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

1. Gas is expensive
2. People pointing out those whining about it probably drive jacked up trucks (since over 50% of American men do) and spend $20/day to get their McDonalds delivered
3. OP: "MUST BE SOME DEMOCRAT CONSPIRACY" or "MSM MEDIA DIRECTING THE NARRATIVE"
4: OP too loving stupid to realize President doesn't set prices and Americans still have internationally cheap gas in comparison.
5. Literally no one defending Biden, just people pointing out utter hypocrisy of Americans.
6. Learn to get upset about other poo poo that matters
7. Gas thread

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

if this thread was gassed that would be ironic

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Could have just said yo, hey gas is expensive because the gas companies are a bunch of assholes instead of putting a dumb political spin on it.

Which is what Democrats are actually saying, not "not mah Biden!", because they're not an actual cult and actually don't give a poo poo about Biden, or post "lovely" photoshops that identify themselves as low IQ e-mail sharers.

Jelly fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Mar 19, 2022

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
it was hypothesized early on that gas prices in the u.s. would rise due to economic sanctions placed on russia in response to their invasion of ukraine, and that americans at large would be unlikely to tolerate this, considering the economy was already in a pretty precarious position and also considering our response to the pandemic

russia's actions proved to be significantly more unpopular than anticipated, and a counter-narrative soon emerged that punishing russia with economic sanctions was a preferable alternative to the u.s. engaging the russian military directly (the nation is in many ways still reeling from the failed wars in iraq and afghanistan, and the threat of nuclear war is a real possibility) and keeping a stiff upper lip about making small sacrifices was a way for the average american to do their part
what you're noticing is probably part of the efforts to spread that counter-narrative, op

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
delete ur facebook account u stupid loving rear end in a top hat.

why not just mail money to mark zuckerberg directly?

jfc

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Cubone posted:

it was hypothesized early on that gas prices in the u.s. would rise due to economic sanctions placed on russia in response to their invasion of ukraine, and that americans at large would be unlikely to tolerate this, considering the economy was already in a pretty precarious position and also considering our response to the pandemic

russia's actions proved to be significantly more unpopular than anticipated, and a counter-narrative soon emerged that punishing russia with economic sanctions was a preferable alternative to the u.s. engaging the russian military directly (the nation is in many ways still reeling from the failed wars in iraq and afghanistan, and the threat of nuclear war is a real possibility) and keeping a stiff upper lip about making small sacrifices was a way for the average american to do their part
what you're noticing is probably part of the efforts to spread that counter-narrative, op

idgi. Russian oil is less 1% of US oil supply annually.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
any excuse. they did the same thing in 2005

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Sophy Wackles posted:

There's other factors that ramp the cost up but I agree, like every other corporation in America, gas companies are clearly taking advantage.

MEMRI
Jun 18, 2012

High gas (and food etc) prices hurt the people at the bottom most and gloating about it just because your cultural adversaries are the ones making the biggest stink about it is incredibly loving lame behavior

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

MEMRI posted:

High gas (and food etc) prices hurt the people at the bottom most and gloating about it just because your cultural adversaries are the ones making the biggest stink about it is incredibly loving lame behavior

High gas (and food etc) prices hurt the people at the bottom most and buying products that inflate the costs of those things for no reason but to try and reprieve your deflated masculinity is incredibly loving lame behavior. So is voting for the people that reliably hurt the people at the bottom.

When those same people, who also vote to impede progress of alternatives that don't make us reliant on foreign fuel sources complain about the price of gas more than anybody else, it's even more lame.

Playing the victim card is really getting old hat.

MEMRI
Jun 18, 2012

Being mad at people because they drive trucks is not a systemic critique of anything. It’s just more wack culture war poo poo.

MEMRI fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Mar 19, 2022

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Sophy Wackles posted:

uh

yeah that I don't know sorry

I just kinda
observe human being moving in large herds, and recognize the patterns

I'm not really smart enough or well informed enough to speak confidently one way or the other as to how much any given widely adopted narrative reflects reality
fortunately every single other goon is though

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Me on the left OP on the right

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
tippin it back for tha OP rite now

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I drive a manual transmission 1999 Ford Ranger and will continue to own small Japanese trucks for the rest of my life because being able to use a truck bed to move things around is invaluable.

I will never buy the current version of my first car, a 1984 Toyota pickup, because that is a Tacoma that is the size of a storage unit and not made for use.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

you probably shouldn't read facebook, especially for news, and especially especially for news that could be politicized.

but in general gas prices aren't really that high adjusted for inflation. in that sense, they are about the same as when i was in college during the bush years. and anyway, the recent increases were driven more by russia starting a war than any domestic policy set by the president. the whole world is affected, not just the US. i don't know why the president always gets credit for gas prices, but it's pretty much nonsense and always has been.

to answer your question directly, one reason that higher fuel prices could be good is that in the long run it could incentivize use of nuclear, solar, and wind power instead of fossil fuels. that might not be immediately good if you drive a big truck or SUV, but it is good if you live on planet earth or have children who will live on planet earth.

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
burger king isn't closing their restaurants in russia

boycott burger king

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
also

russia legalized warez

https://www.ign.com/articles/russia-reportedly-legalises-piracy-of-games-movies-and-more

lol

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Jelly posted:

So is voting for the people that reliably hurt the people at the bottom.

both major parties reliably hurt people at the bottom and our political system combined with corporate media ownership ensures that anyone not part of those two major parties cannot be elected or, in many cases, even included in debates. on top of this we have gerrymandering and many other forms of voter suppression.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Victor Vermis fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Mar 19, 2022

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Earwicker posted:

both major parties reliably hurt people at the bottom and our political system combined with corporate media ownership ensures that anyone not part of those two major parties cannot be elected or, in many cases, even included in debates. on top of this we have gerrymandering and many other forms of voter suppression.

yeah no kidding lmfao at this 2016 sentiment “it’s the poors fault they suffer!!”

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

star eater posted:

yeah no kidding lmfao at this 2016 sentiment “it’s the poors fault they suffer!!”

thats not what im saying in any way :confused:

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Yet another garbage thread from a garbage idiot with garbage brain.

I'm sorry for making fun of garbage, it's a part of life. Unlike op. Who should be thrown in the garbage.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
dang lotta short fuses itt

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

styls trill epic posted:

ive. Or like your bad if you complain about it. Im guessing this is some kind of defense of epic biden but I can't quite put my finger on it.

Shut up, gammon.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
styls probed epic

ha gottem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
Balance out the rising cost of gasoline by buttchugging it.

It’s way more efficient.