Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I wish I'd taken a clip of the lighting effect when the door from the dark tomb to the path to west garden opened

Game's real dang pretty :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

wow the boss of Eastern Vault :stwoon:

i love the art & sound design in this game so much

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

i really do not like when games don't return your consumables if you cark it :mad:

as if i didn't have a hard enough time overcoming giant robotic crab syndrome

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Mar 20, 2022

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

that's good to know but i'm stuck now damnit

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Oh yeah, I don't think this counts as a spoiler since the game outright tells you about target lock about 10 seconds in, but here's something helpful for those of us with old person hands: you can also click the right stick to toggle target lock on/off instead of having to hold the left trigger all the time. The manual doesn't mention this anywhere as far as I can tell :psyduck:

why didn't i think to try this when i've been playing elden ring just recently :psypop:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

i just got to the end of the dungeon after getting the 3 plot macguffins and oh my god do i seriously have to get through this boss without my stats, what the gently caress game even Fromsoft doesn't do this to me

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

there doesn't seem to be an elsewhere, i'm dead-ended everywhere i look on any of the areas available to me

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

that's where i'm at and the arena is going to give me a god damned stroke, hence the original post

maybe tomorrow i'll have the good sense to tell my stubborn rear end to gently caress off and turn on No-Fail

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

ok this arena can take a goddamn loving hike, i'd rather cheat than try even once more

unless the combat gets harder than this later, in which case i'm fuckin done

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Queer Salutations posted:

No, that's the point it peaks. If you don't have consumables to abuse, or the money to buy some at the save point then just use one of the accessibility settings to get past it.

yeah it came down to either grind $ or turn on no-fail, and i feel i made the right choice

but after that, i was hooked and spent seven ish hours straight completing the game & getting the good ending

i didn't quite get it but that was really sweet :unsmith:

that said a couple pieces of the golden path gave me a real headache, aside from the initial headache of figuring out what the hell i was looking for - 9 before i realized it was bugged for gamepass (lol) and looked it up; and I had to look up 22 and I still can't distinctly see it in the manual. is it supposed to be some stereoscopy thing, or am i just unobservant as hell :pwn:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Hwurmp posted:

holy poo poo

(after collecting and returning the three color cubes) those metal doors have had their keys printed right on them this whole loving time

e: the holy cross god dammit

i know right lol

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

KOGAHAZAN!! posted:

Check the map

Less vague: You can bomb the wall nearby

i know this is a zeldalike; why the gently caress did i never think to try that :psyduck:

(e) Does NG+ offer anything special besides a chance to chump the hell out of the combat and poke around at full capacity? (and does that also mean no chance to [good end]fight the final boss instead of showing them the completed manual?)

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Mar 24, 2022

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Cojawfee posted:

So uh, I explored the three areas that open up once you finish the first part of the game. holy poo poo in the rooted ziggurat when it shows you what the pillars are So I decided I should tackle the three bosses. I first did the siege engine which was really frustrating due to how slowly the fox moves. Why does the boss gotta move so fast? I finished that one and then decided to tackle The Librarian. Is that boss supposed to be so cheeseable? I just used the whip thing to drag the boss down and then mashed the sword over and over again which seemed to stunlock it. Then I'd whip it back and smash it with the sword. It finally got down to less then half a bar of health left and then it tried to do one of its attacks, but I then whipped it back down and killed it. First boss took several minutes, the second one took like 30 seconds. Now I'm working on The quarry dude

I also was listening to a podcast and someone mentioned CUSTOMIZATION? I found it and now I have a cool blue fox

re: bosses that's kinda funny, I had the opposite experience with the first two bosses that you did. I eventually realized that if i stayed right in the siege engine's face it became a lot easier to deal with most of its attacks; whereas with the Librarian using the magic orb to drag them to me seemed to just get me sliced at a lot so i ended up just having to win a long drawn-out slugfest of dodging

this game is so cool. wish that one tiny bit of the game wasn't bugged on gamepass though - i wonder if it's even fixable? gamepass' filesystem stuff is weird

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Pollyanna posted:

I've only found one thing that looks like a fairy, which I got by following the Windmill clue on page 53, and now one of those boxes is ticked off. Do I really need to hunt all these loving things down? It says something about a "final treasure" and I have no idea what that is or why I would want it.

Honestly, right now I just need a clue to figuring out how to actually use page 49, and what the gently caress it has to do with the D-pad.

you only need 10 out of 20, and the reward from that might help you answer your 2nd paragraph

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Cojawfee posted:

Yeah, that makes it a great troll. It doesn't give you any new info for the path, but you still need it.

disagree. it told me, finally, what the path IS - i saw the circle surrounded by gold, saw the 55 dead-center on the grid a few pages back, and immediately went "oh gently caress that's the end of a Holy Cross path, and that means..."

literally didn't have a goddamn clue where to look before that. brains're funny :v:

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Apr 12, 2022