Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

Five minutes. I've been laughing at this dark poo poo for five solid minutes.

It's a pretty nice shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Elviscat posted:

It's a pretty nice shot, man.

FTFY

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Nicely done.

The buttplug could have been used for extra food storage, a small emergency spare trolley wheel, or maybe a tiny camping stove.

Whatever happened to this guy, anyway... does he still post on the Forums? Has he been on any more (even extremely short cough) cross-country adventures?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I choose to believe that he somehow managed to walk all the way to the moon. Which would be far more impressive if that was what he was aiming for.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

BigBadSteve posted:

Nicely done.

The buttplug could have been used for extra food storage, a small emergency spare trolley wheel, or maybe a tiny camping stove.

That's a direct quote from Muerte when he was thinking about adding a buttplug as an anti-rape device for his trek.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Kirk Vikernes posted:

That's a direct quote from Muerte when he was thinking about adding a buttplug as an anti-rape device for his trek.

Holy poo poo. He really liked to do things in his own peculiar ways, didn't he. I hope he's doing well, e.g. happy, not on any huge ill-prepared trek, nothing stuck up his rear end.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

By popular demand posted:

I choose to believe that he somehow managed to walk all the way to the moon. Which would be far more impressive if that was what he was aiming for.

He drove a bmw across the country. Somehow, it went worse than his attempt to walk, but he eventually made it, at which point that paragon of physicality surely had an easy time taking over his father's stump pulling business

Vitruvian Manic
Dec 5, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
I was rereading that thread and its related spin-offs for my roleplay and it is just such a delight. The unearned arrogance is just outstanding, every word of it.

I'm sure his life is going well. If there is one thing I know, it is that blue collar self-made types (which his dad almost certainly is with a stump removal company) are really tolerant of mental illness. So I'm sure the transition went swimmingly well.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Remember the white men picking cotton pic? Someone replace the white people and cotton with muerte and a stump

Maybe replace the face overlooking it and laughing with the professional guide who was trying to help and give good advice.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Vitruvian Manic posted:

I was rereading that thread and its related spin-offs for my roleplay and it is just such a delight. The unearned arrogance is just outstanding, every word of it.

I know we shouldn't kink shame but drat that one is out there.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

This appears to be Muerte's very short (surprise surprise!) car adventure report:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=3032817&pagenumber=369&perpage=40#post446312834

Pics in that post are no longer extant, he made a poor choice (surprise surprise!) of web image hosting site.

Here's the Saclopedia page about Muerte / the original walking 'trek' (spoilers!), with link at bottom of page to the thread:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=2787[/

BigBadSteve fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Mar 27, 2022

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Kirk Vikernes posted:

I can't remember but did anyone explain to him that walking a long distance wearing a buttplug would actually make it easier for someone to rape him?

It may have possibly worked as a cork to keep him from diarrhea spraying everywhere from eating nothing but Burger King.

Vitruvian Manic posted:

I'm sure his life is going well. If there is one thing I know, it is that blue collar self-made types (which his dad almost certainly is with a stump removal company) are really tolerant of mental illness. So I'm sure the transition went swimmingly well.

Never underestimate the confidence of mediocre white men.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

CPL593H posted:

Never underestimate the confidence of mediocre white men.

mediocre is more than a bit generous

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Edit: Oops wrong thread.

BigBadSteve fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Mar 27, 2022

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I demand more 2000s/early 2010s saga/lore posters.

Diorama
Apr 18, 2006

i remember when all this was fields

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Context?

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Grouchio posted:

I demand more 2000s/early 2010s saga/lore posters.

I was working on one with Jeffrey and Lowtax as Leonidas and the messenger from 300 respectively, but yours is better.

Diorama
Apr 18, 2006

i remember when all this was fields

(my memory is hazy, so anyone who remembers The Before Times please feel free to correct)

Shortly after I finally got an account (so maybe summer/autumn 2006? after gooncon anyway) Lowtax decided to try and engineer/force a meme. There were probably 75,000/80,000 goons or so back then, and I guess it was probably enough to try to artificially 'seed' a meme online (I suppose this was around the time that 'meme' was entering the general conversation and superseding 'image macro' as a term).
He selected 'Bart the General', which I just tried to type a description of, but is probably best left to speak for itself. It's a Simpsons parody, anyway.

Anyway, iirc early 4chan got wind of it being a "FORCED MEME!!!!" and vociferously campaigned against it.
This image is of Homer crying after he found Marge cheating on him with Toadfish (from Neighbours?!)

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

ProfessorMarvel
Jan 6, 2021

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

That's not a dystopian anti-intellectual future, that's just Australia

Pokedad
Jan 27, 2005
I am a creepy cunt.

Diorama posted:

(my memory is hazy, so anyone who remembers The Before Times please feel free to correct)

Shortly after I finally got an account (so maybe summer/autumn 2006? after gooncon anyway) Lowtax decided to try and engineer/force a meme. There were probably 75,000/80,000 goons or so back then, and I guess it was probably enough to try to artificially 'seed' a meme online (I suppose this was around the time that 'meme' was entering the general conversation and superseding 'image macro' as a term).
He selected 'Bart the General', which I just tried to type a description of, but is probably best left to speak for itself. It's a Simpsons parody, anyway.

Anyway, iirc early 4chan got wind of it being a "FORCED MEME!!!!" and vociferously campaigned against it.
This image is of Homer crying after he found Marge cheating on him with Toadfish (from Neighbours?!)

Marge, you're breaking my heart was a lowtax forced meme? I remember the meme really well but I had no idea about the SA/4chan connections.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

RFC2324 posted:

Remember the white men picking cotton pic? Someone replace the white people and cotton with muerte and a stump

Maybe replace the face overlooking it and laughing with the professional guide who was trying to help and give good advice.

I had to GI this one. I'm posting it presuming it's not meant to be some white power sh1t:

What was the stump you refer to, RFC2324? Did Muerte's cart break on a stump, or does that refer to the condition of Muerte's feet after the few (for him) gruelling miles?

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde
:nws: https://i.imgur.com/iOKfdtI.png :nws:

----------

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

BigBadSteve posted:

I had to GI this one. I'm posting it presuming it's not meant to be some white power sh1t:

What was the stump you refer to, RFC2324? Did Muerte's cart break on a stump, or does that refer to the condition of Muerte's feet after the few (for him) gruelling miles?

He was going to Florida to run his dad's business. Turned out to be a one man stump pulling operation.

Also, the image itself has a whole different story attached to goon lore, and Lady Ambien melting down over it

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

https://i.imgur.com/E64jQfJ.mp4

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

:five:

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

holy

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Needs more lasagna

Seafea
Mar 21, 2003

They say it's not what life throws at you, but how you deal with it.
The story Martin Random posted about his terrible roommate that ended with the terrible roommate playing a saxophone in a bathtub full of fecal lasagna is my favorite.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

couldn't have even made it Permaban this dog. Half credit

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

Best friends make the best weapons

Jesus. The Muerte’s Epic (failure of a) Hike saga is still one of my favorite ever threads. At least people were able to convince him to hike an actual trail instead of just wandering down the highway in a desert in high summer like he originally planned.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

wandering down the highway in a desert in high summer is a lot less fun than the Fallout series makes it look.

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

Best friends make the best weapons

By popular demand posted:

wandering down the highway in a desert in high summer is a lot less fun than the Fallout series makes it look.

It took like half the thread to get him to understand his shoes would probably melt on the asphalt, providing he didn’t get splattered across it by a Kenworth. I have to wonder how much his family must’ve hated him that they encouraged him to walk to Florida.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

One of my favorite "out of left field"-burns from the forums.

Kirk Vikernes fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Apr 2, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That strange guy
Dec 14, 2014

It's not strange if we never mention it again.
I could not decide which way to go with this so I did both.