Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Kirk Vikernes posted:

Take your favorite SA stories, ban reasons, insane screeds, etc. and photoshop them onto magazines, books, movie posters or whatever you please. If it's new or obscure, you might link to the source.

Facetoucher Cat ban

IMO a harsh ban just for a little :neet:

Just for the record, National Lampoon was for many years the funniest magazine to ever exist. It was not, as one goon mistakenly claimed here months ago, The Harvard Lampoon, which was a university mag before NatLamp was started (by some of the staff from the older, less professional mag).

NatLamp bought work from anyone funny enough who got the editors' attention (sometimes by offering them drugs, no doubt).

NatLamp is not the movies (National Lampoon's Vacation etc.). They were put together with the assistance of only some NatLamp staff, a little before the magazine folded in I think the late 1980s (the mag stopped being funny a while before then, maybe due to the new owners). The writing, cartoons and other art in NatLamp during its peak were IMO, and those of the most incisive reviewers, some of the best no-limits satire ever made, and are by and large still very funny today.

Item: NatLamp did the "... or we'll shoot this..." cover first.

Item:The phrase/reply "So's my dick", which I've used in a few GBS posts, which first appeared in a NatLamp Letters From The Editors.

e.g.

Pennywise the Frown posted:

... the A-bombs, were just fine with him after seeing what the Japanese did.

So's my dick.

And that's certainly not the only original NatLamp joke I've stolen paid tribute to in GBS, believe me. I can look like a comedy genius only because many of you weren't born, or were fetuses or infants back when National Lampoon magazine was still published and still funny.

Still funny? So's my dick.

tl;dr: So's my dick.

BigBadSteve fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Mar 20, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

What SA saga does this refer to?

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Thanks. I got lotsa laughs reading that! I'll probably ask another annoying questions about some other pic here soon.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

:lol:

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Not sure I 'get' this one. Is there a backstory?

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

I guess fresh memes are "mass media".

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Nicely done.

The buttplug could have been used for extra food storage, a small emergency spare trolley wheel, or maybe a tiny camping stove.

Whatever happened to this guy, anyway... does he still post on the Forums? Has he been on any more (even extremely short cough) cross-country adventures?

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Kirk Vikernes posted:

That's a direct quote from Muerte when he was thinking about adding a buttplug as an anti-rape device for his trek.

Holy poo poo. He really liked to do things in his own peculiar ways, didn't he. I hope he's doing well, e.g. happy, not on any huge ill-prepared trek, nothing stuck up his rear end.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

This appears to be Muerte's very short (surprise surprise!) car adventure report:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=3032817&pagenumber=369&perpage=40#post446312834

Pics in that post are no longer extant, he made a poor choice (surprise surprise!) of web image hosting site.

Here's the Saclopedia page about Muerte / the original walking 'trek' (spoilers!), with link at bottom of page to the thread:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=2787[/

BigBadSteve fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Mar 27, 2022

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Edit: Oops wrong thread.

BigBadSteve fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Mar 27, 2022

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

RFC2324 posted:

Remember the white men picking cotton pic? Someone replace the white people and cotton with muerte and a stump

Maybe replace the face overlooking it and laughing with the professional guide who was trying to help and give good advice.

I had to GI this one. I'm posting it presuming it's not meant to be some white power sh1t:

What was the stump you refer to, RFC2324? Did Muerte's cart break on a stump, or does that refer to the condition of Muerte's feet after the few (for him) gruelling miles?

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

RFC2324 posted:

Forums poster and candidate for moderator Windows 98 notoriously assaulted a teenager with a shovel

Also he publicly begged in GBS threads for modship a number of times, until Lowtax (or Lady Ambien?) granted him modship as a joke... only to remove the mod powers like an hour later before Windows 98 could abuse them much.

Someone made this great gif about it, which I think was bestowed on Windows 98 as an avatar for a while:

Edit: "2014 SUCKED" was Windows 98's irl tattoo of choice in early 2015. Apparently 2014 had been a bad year for him, not of course due to his own life choices.

BigBadSteve fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Apr 6, 2022

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

RFC2324 posted:

Don't forget the sock puppet mod account that was gonna get made for him

I have forgotten it (if I ever knew it), do you remember any details?

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Image deleted. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

BigBadSteve posted:

Image deleted. :(

Sorry, working for me now, f--k knows what I did wrong before. I lol'd.