Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I could use a place to keep track of games I want to get to some day, figure others could too. not things on my backlog or stuff that I'm working on more immediately, but games that i want to get to when I have a long gray beard and one or two marbles rolling around upstairs. planning to update as I think of more and figure I'll be inspired to add by others.

this year: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=3989487&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post520376661

The long-term, forever list:

• shin megami tensei v
  • terranigma
  • Metal Gear series
  • death stranding
  • dragon quest 5 & 6
  • final fantasy 9, X2 and 13
  • final fantasy origins: stranger of paradise
  • resident evil remakes 1, 2
  • one of the Tekken games, against that person who beat me when I was fourteen
  • tunic
  • the Metroid games i have not beat: Metroid 2, Metroid Fusion, Metroid prime 2, metroid prime 3. (will skip other M)
  • Lufia 2
  • Pokemon
  • Maniac mansion
  • original harvest moon (i've made it to like the final season 3 times. i have to finish it one of these days)
  • dark souls 1-3, bloodborne, sekiro
  • every NES game
  • luigi's mansion 3

gaming backlog - games i've played on current consoles and should get to one of these days:
  • THPS1&2
  • FF7 Hard mode
  • Arkham Knight
  • Untitled Goose Game
  • Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition adventure maps
  • Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity
  • Obduction
  • Bioshock 2

Bicyclops fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Apr 15, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I've been working on mine on and off for like half a year. Not a lot of progress but Elden Ring stopped me pretty cold for the last month at least.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KTnnO6KlgVaKGZqDnCjvDCNGjvxEF2jZ5CpJRS65y7I/edit?usp=sharing

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Plebian Parasite posted:

I've been working on mine on and off for like half a year. Not a lot of progress but Elden Ring stopped me pretty cold for the last month at least.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KTnnO6KlgVaKGZqDnCjvDCNGjvxEF2jZ5CpJRS65y7I/edit?usp=sharing

same here, and my list is 1500 games lmao

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

yeah, Elden Ring is a showstopper for sure

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

This looks like a great list of games to throw into the bucket of my own poo poo, piss, and phlegm that I’m bringing to the dump later. Thanks OP.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Wormskull posted:

This looks like a great list of games to throw into the bucket of my own poo poo, piss, and phlegm that I’m bringing to the dump later. Thanks OP.

call a plumber, wormskull.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

this thread didn't get much traction but i'm trying again because it's honestly one of the easier ways to keep an ongoing list for me, and i think if i see others lists, it will inspire me to add to my own. i realized that i had somehow not included bloodborne and sekiro on my list so i reorganized.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

really hoping that the team remaking Natsume games gets around to this one. It's so good

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

bees x1000 posted:

really hoping that the team remaking Natsume games gets around to this one. It's so good

i played the first one in college but the sequel seems powerful enough that it influenced future DQ games. i have to play it.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lufia 1 is pretty so-so but 2 kicks an insane amount of rear end and i'd say is one of the best jrpgs on snes

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
Got excited enough when I read the title as “the gaming bucket” but then when I finished the title and saw the word “list” at the end I just about stroked out op

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

original lufia is forgettable enough that the thing i remember most about it is this comment from the gamefaq i used to play it:

quote:

When my friend watched me beat these guys, here was his comment: "Man, these guys are the Sinistrals? They should be called the PATHETICstrals!" I slapped him for making such a crappy joke. But, seriously now--a crappy joke is what Gades does:

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Bicyclops posted:

this thread didn't get much traction but i'm trying again because it's honestly one of the easier ways to keep an ongoing list for me, and i think if i see others lists, it will inspire me to add to my own. i realized that i had somehow not included bloodborne and sekiro on my list so i reorganized.

I'm gonna DM you my list to laugh at

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Bicyclops posted:

original lufia is forgettable enough that the thing i remember most about it is this comment from the gamefaq i used to play it:

Lol

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

lol

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

Lol

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

Bicyclops posted:

With this gamefaqs comment, the thread of prophecy is severed. Make a new FAQ to restore the weave of fate, or persist in the doomed html file you have created.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bicyclops posted:

Lol but also Lufia II does kick a lot of rear end.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

apropos to nothing posted:

With this gamefaqs comment, the thread of prophecy is severed. Make a new FAQ to restore the weave of fate, or persist in the doomed html file you have created.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Started to redo my list lol

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Zt8LuneXfO5-IgJ0Q1cAX6eIy4yfvwyejCSy7LgwtIg/edit?usp=sharing

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Lol but also Lufia II does kick a lot of rear end.

The DS Lufia II remake being a hideous steaming pile was one of the more upsetting points in my gaming life.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I went fully ham on having a social life since gaming has been unsatisfying but now I want to game again. I WILL beat Diablo 2 Hell as a poison dagger necromancer if it's the last thing I do.

teppichporsche
May 11, 2019

Wormskull posted:

I went fully ham on having a social life since gaming has been unsatisfying but now I want to game again. I WILL beat Diablo 2 Hell as a poison dagger necromancer if it's the last thing I do.

This is me but with god hand. Unfortunately my gf does not understand why the game is funny lol

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

teppichporsche posted:

This is me but with god hand. Unfortunately my gf does not understand why the game is funny lol

i really need to play that lol. i think i gave up last time because my ds4 had a lovely connection to my PC and I got tired of inputs dropping. and I couldn't use my 360 controller because it hurts my brain too badly to mismatch the inputs like that, even though the layout is almost exactly the same.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I been playing a Thorns Paladin instead of dagger necro. As an update. I’d like to beat it with both. And maybe an enchantress sorc.

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

This seems like a good idea. I'll throw one together, and having it on the forums will make it easier to not lose

- Metal Gear Solid 2-4
- Shenmue
- Metroid II
- Final Fantasy 6
- Minish Cap, Link Between Worlds
- SMT series (I played and bounced off the first one, need to decide whether to start that one again or try one of the later ones as an entry point)
- Demon's Souls
- Mother 3
- Silent Hill 2
- Mega Man X
- Wonderful 101

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Get to max level in wow with every class./And have sex

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009