Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Mellow Seas posted:

It's really mind-blowing to me that the IRS stopped sending $300/child a month to millions and millions and millions of families, many of whom have multiple children, and we've heard basically no kvetching about it or really been able to suss out any effect on Biden's approval ratings. But an increase of gas prices that equals (annually) roughly half of the CTC payments for a single child is making the country melt down and making even some of our finest goon "environmentalists" say that "something" has to be done (there's only one thing to do and it's bad.)

It's almost like we're tacitly an authoritarian one party state that doesn't object to austerity and brutality so long as it's the right kind of guy implementing it, or something.

Hey wasn't Joe Biden supposed to be the most progressive president in history? Still waiting on that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Bishyaler posted:

Didn't know Pete Buttigieg posted here

Okay I know I just aggro-shitposted at Mellow Seas but you can't just accuse a guy of being Mayo Pete like this

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

TyrantWD posted:

Well not voting for Dems did cost progressives this basic freedom. Elections have consequences.

"Sure we failed to deliver on literally anything, and in fact let one of our cornerstone policies get totally repealed, but when you think about it isn't this all the voters' fault?"

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

TyrantWD posted:

You can’t magic things into passing just because you want it to. Politics is a numbers game, and if you don’t have the numbers, tough poo poo. The GOP got this win because their voters kept on pushing for it. They didn’t throw their hands up and say well you promised you were going to get Roe overturned 20 years ago, and you didn’t so I am not voting for you.

Progressives have that loser attitude, and that’s why Roe got overturned, and in a few years we will be having the same arguments over Obergefell because only one side plays to win, even if it takes time, and the other side takes their toys and goes home everytime they don’t get what they want.

The dems have affordable access to my vote.

Which I've been assured doesn't matter anyway, so I should shut up.

e. Let me expand on what I'm saying in a way that actually engages with your point. I've spent years seeing people with views like mine getting a rotation of hectoring calls of VOTE! VOTE HARDER!, condescending explanations that now's not the time to be asking for unicorns sweetie, and unhinged accusations that its somehow all our fault Clinton lost to a human bag of suet. When I see, once again, statements that it is the voters' fault for this DESPITE giving dems the majorities they claimed they would use to do good things? Man, I'm just tired.

paranoid randroid fucked around with this message at 05:13 on May 3, 2022

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Blue Footed Booby posted:

This is nowhere near the first time I've seen a post like this on these forums, that treats the CIA killing JFK as an "everybody knows" thing instead of a conspiracy theory. Is there some meme I don't know about?

George H W Bush was the only man in America who couldn't remember where he was when he heard JFK got shot beyond being "in Dallas" so the jokes write themselves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Fetterman is getting more rectangular every time I see a picture of him. By election day he's going to be a Thwomp.