Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug

FlamingLiberal posted:

Ginni Thomas isn't really a 'threat to the Supreme Court' when they are perfectly willing to take up cases that are perfectly tailored to allow them to strike down precedent whether she is involved or not.

She's a fascist fundie loving chud who is puppet master for a loving supreme court justice and should be watched at all times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug

Bel Shazar posted:

The ultra hot take of 'dude does what his wife tells him'

Have you seen how much deplorable poo poo she has been involved in? All of you completely ignore the fundie factor as well, these people are loving insane.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Tom Cotton says that the Democrats' goal is to make everyone live in Manhattan... which is apparently where poor people live?

And living in a high-rise apartment and walking to work is a hell worse than commuting?

I think the culture war is getting more and more abstract and becoming "Single-family home in rural countryside with 20 acres of land vs. literally everything else."

that is literally the dream of every wanna-be rural suburban fundie chud in a bro truck and matching suv.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug

Bishyaler posted:

There is appeal in having enough land around your house to where you never have to see or hear your neighbors, and nobody calls the cops if you decide to turn your music loud. Its not a chud-only wishlist.

I'm sure Tom loving Cotton is "pandering" to left leaning urban wannabe beekeepers.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
The only correct thing is Danny mentioning people driving like self-absorbed shitheads and ME ME ME GET OFF MY ROAD! :freep:

Keyser_Soze fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Apr 12, 2022

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
Dumb Donnie will get his account back the first week. :suicide:

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
or

snorch posted:

I feel like "defund the police" was a psyop to boost extremist sentiment on against the left.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
Astro Turf is not and never will be "Grass Roots"

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug

Oracle posted:

Alternately leftists could start mass joining said police departments which are having historic staffing issues (up to 30% vacancies in some places).

They'd have to be very determined liars to make it past the interview stage or psych profile let alone fabricating the "background check" aka "did they play high school football?"

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug

Kalit posted:

Maybe it was unclear, but by the livestock industry, I meant livestock itself along with the crops that support them. Which includes alfalfa.

And do you have a specific point about the Resnicks? Literally every major industry has titans that control/influence politics. But since we're talking about water usage, on a brief search, I don't see how they're hyper-inflating water usage to a relevant degree?

Meet the California Couple Who Uses More Water Than Every Home in Los Angeles Combined
How megafarmers Lynda and Stewart Resnick built their billion-dollar empire.

https://www.motherjones.com/environment/2016/08/lynda-stewart-resnick-california-water/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug

Yinlock posted:

They're also largely responsible for the warmongering towards iran every few years, and by extension helping fuel the psychotic Israel lobby.

All over loving pistachios. Just ludicrously evil people.

Also re enrionment chat: the fact that the ruling class is just ignoring the crisis out of a belief that they personally will be fine or dead when it hits full swing may not be particularly fresh news but it is still extremely relevant to current events.

I believe the Resnicks, Harris Ranch, and Tejon Ranch billionaire scum (along with Nestle) are responsible for a huge amount of the California water thievery. :guillotine: