Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

PeterCat posted:

So? He kneeled on her for all of 30 seconds, can't tell if it was on her neck since the video resolution is so low. And handcuffing is the easiest was to control her.

Getting rid of resource control officers has done nothing but increase violence in schools.

https://who13.com/news/parents-continue-to-raise-concerns-about-violence-in-des-moines-public-schools/

It's a 12 year old. I worked as a bouncer. There's no need to knee on her neck to get cuffs on her unless they are lovely at their job. (also, LOL at cuffing a girl for getting in a classic slap fight? what the hell?) I had to restrain folks (a lot bigger than a 12 year old girl) and never once did I have to put pressure on their neck. Because it's incredibly dangerous to do so.

Why are you defending a hog?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

A bunch of Karen’s here (probably white) acting like will slapping wasn’t the funniest thing.

Also, calling it “violence” is just a code word to imply he should go to jail, another black person. In other words racism. Real pig energy going on in here.

Meanwhile Florida governor just signed the don’t say gay law. That dude should have a lot worse than a slap done to him. (And no mods, that’s not advocating for violence, he’s a loving murderer. Jail is worse than a slap, and he should be in prison).

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

If this is real (and I'm seeing a poo poo ton on twitter) does it change the midterms at all?

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

If it's true, any prosecutor who tries to prosecute a woman for getting an abortion should have their home address leaked.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

yeah pretty much. Mods here are a perfect metaphor for how the news is treating this as well. "don't forget decorum!" There are easy solutions to this, but oh gosh even suggesting it will get you banned which is really just LMAO.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Eiba posted:

Obviously not the only or "most" decisive factor, but it was so close that there were a ton of decisive factors.

I also feel have entered an argument I hadn't fully read or appreciated. I don't really care so much who was literally decisively responsible. I'm angry at the edgelord assholes who promoted this idea, regardless of their eventual culpability.

It is entirely an unprovable hypothetical, but do you really think Clinton would have lost if all the folks who voted for Stein or stayed home knew that Roe v Wade was actually going to be overturned if they didn't vote for Clinton?

To be very clear, these hypotheticals are not my ultimate point. They are are in aid of getting mad at an idea that should be roundly discredited at this point: the idea that voting doesn't matter, or that you don't "have" to vote for the lesser of two evils if you don't want.

If you think the democrats are poo poo, primary them. Don't pretend you're doing anything to fix things by withholding your vote and letting Republicans win. You're just contributing to making things shittier to make yourself feel better.

If what I'm saying here isn't contradicting what you're saying, then I'm probably not actually arguing against your position and probably quoted the wrong post to make my initial point. If literally no one in this thread is saying voting for Clinton wasn't important, then all I'm doing is making a scene because I'm mad. That's fine, I'll own up to that. Plenty of people took that position 6 years ago, and plenty of people still mock the importance of voting elsewhere on these forums today, so I'm still mad.

In a society that actually functioned the way it should, I’m 100% in agreement with you. To be clear here, I have voted in every election that I’ve been legally able to, and always blue.

I didn’t like Clinton very much. Still voted for her with bells on. Biden was the bottom choice of that list. Still voted for him and was very happy that he won.

We delivered. They failed us, but that doesn’t matter.

I got that this was at stake. And I’m a dude. That being said, court isn’t legitimate. Hasn’t been for a long time, but this is a final nail in the old coffin. The other side has no intentions of following the rule of law unless it’s the rule of law that they create. There is no justice system that is affective here anymore. Beyond all of that, climate change is going to end civilization as we know it in the next 50 to 80 years. (I’m being generous here, it’s going to be closer to 20 but will get worse and worse with people pretending it’s fine). The fact that the Republicans did an act of huge violence by overturning row, is being met with infighting by people who generally agree here, and that the mods have made it very clear that you can only have certain kinds of conversations about this none of which are actually effective since we continue to insist on playing by the rules they created shows again that the entire system is stupid and needs to be pulled out because it’s a rotten tree. But people aren’t hungry yet, or at least not enough of them. There are solutions that are effective but people will pearl clutch here if they are brought up, even as hypotheticals, even though on any larger scale, those are the most moral actions people could can take at this point.

Instead, it will pass, liberals will donate, assholes will be smug about living in the “good states” and the comfy computer touches in here will continue to more or less be the meme from Chernobyl. “Not great, not terrible” while disproportionately poor people will die at much higher rates because it will effectively be legal to rape them and then force them to have your child.

Also to the mods, a lighter hand here in this thread because people are legitimately upset versus getting more heavy handed would be the better approach, if you knew anything about de-escalation tactics. A heavy hand is just very cop like behavior.

LionArcher fucked around with this message at 18:18 on May 3, 2022

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

This thread is going round and round but the reality is this more like this.

https://twitter.com/vtradescant2/status/1521456974025613314?s=20&t=V-wT1u4kq95TLJ_yss-g9g

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

https://twitter.com/BrynnTannehill/status/1521481078376181760?s=20&t=4853LdjjFEPbYTYL-_pJnQ

This is accurate.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

CommieGIR posted:

Okay this part I disagree: The Right is largely a minority, 30% at best, and while they have a lot of people in power, they are not a single power block.

They would not win. If it became a “hot” civil war (and it won’t) they’d lose within a few months.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Fart Amplifier posted:

Christ, read the thread. Investigations are legal. Using them against senators as pressure for legislation is not.

I mean, from a moral perspective an hour in a dark room with a certain kind of contractor to get him and sin to “change their minds” to get rid of the filibuster is justified at this point, but it wouldn’t be technically legal. But who cares. It would save a poo poo ton of lives.

That’s a hypothetical of course.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Already targeting everything. Birth control is next.

https://twitter.com/briantylercohen/status/1522267881412562947?s=20&t=lFWtQzKXrv20UjL0NY-hMA

I hope the people who passed this’s home address are leaked.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

https://twitter.com/PamKeithFL/status/1522315928645603328?s=20&t=C0v0jHHTaLPMVWwh7RxKxA

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

FlamingLiberal posted:

Democrats with no plan? Impossible.

He's as slimy as they come, but he's smart about being slimy. He's furious the others aren't pulling the grift as well as he does. (and I think this is an issue he legit cares about, it's obvious he likes women...)

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Is there a feedback thread for mods back up yet? Because we’ve got another mod banning people in c-spam for basic reading comprehension issues (on the mods end).

That’s the kindest way of wording it btw.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Fritz the Horse posted:

Uh oh! If D&D mods are banning people in CSPAM that is a pretty serious problem, yes. I'll alert Koos. Thanks!

I was drunk when I posted and was confused and wrong. It was a c spam mod the whole time. Sorry about that.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

police departments around the country have been given significant pay raises for their exemplary service in keeping protesters in line Maintaining Order by both local and national democratic parties

that's a change, I guess

Yeah, it made it so when violence and rioting is necessary, more poor people will get murdered by the cops more efficiently.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Mellow Seas posted:

Whatever, you :matters: assholes can stay home, I'll be there

You’ll be where?

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

The Sean posted:

Just as a thought experiment... what if you wanted to ruin actual discussion on this forum as a moderator? What would be effective? Like if you completely want to push some Karl Rove ops to gish gallop and tie people up from expressing leftist/liberal/progressive thought from taking hold, what would you do? Probably some of this poo poo:

* allow dishonesty. Mods have admitted openly to letting threadbanned people to come back and be all "oops, forgot to tell y'all" They've also admitted themselves to shitpost in bad faith. I also called out a bad faith troll and mods said they knew about it but probed anyone who pointed out they were a troll.

*enable toxic optimism "please totally discuss and debate but also you can only say these things." Create false pretenses to stop discussion of one type as a promotion of the other. Anything other than stating a pre-approved opinion is "being too negative" and somehow "not discussion."

* arbitrary moderation make it clear that punishments are completely subjective and don't need to follow any logic. (I got a probe for koos not liking my AV for instance.)

* assert authority as justification for punishing noncomformity "we don't have to justify our actions as moderators, just do as we say"

* when called out, just pretend bureaucracy got in the way like "oops, we couldn't probate the first person because we were too busy probating other later posts because we were too busy not caring until someone called us out."

* constantly cycle in new mods that do the exact same things as a troll this is pretty good because it does the dem thing of "hey, new leadership; same problems. But give 'em a chance!" Until its obvious the new person is clearly just as lovely. And you bring in someone as equally as lovely.

* when meaningful but "off topic" (despite being on topic, and productive) discussion happens, insist that it gets less visibility by confining it to a less popular thread to dilute discussion and also dole out probes immediately

* insist that any negative feedback isn't out in the open, and shame people for doing otherwise, like using the anonymous report function or having PM conversations or QCS threads that go nowhere pretty good strategy since not only does that keep the feedback and ensuing conversation from being openly viewed by others but reinforces the idea that you can't question the authority out in the open. It was pretty cool one time when a mod told someone to discuss a topic In a closed thread.

I mean If I wanted to crush discussion as a mod, these are clearly good strategies i would employ.

I got probed today in the Supreme Court thread for pointing out one poster was clearly trolling when he asked, “oh, the Supreme Court justices aren’t legitimate? why not?” And I called him a debate Andy. The mod I’ve never heard of gave me a sixer because quote “seems mean”. The poster who was trolling? Nothing.

But this is why I generally stay out of D&D in the first place.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

PeterCat posted:

Because this is useful when discussing the Supreme Court:

Yes it is. If you think the Supreme Court passing (or soon to pass) a law that will kill thousands of women a year isn’t an act of violence that should be met with at the very least intimidation, you’re not playing a serious game.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Main Paineframe posted:

A great and highly underappreciated way to ruin discussion is to loudly demand to speak to the manager every single time something you disagree with happens, and insist that it be done in public so that everyone else is forced to watch as you make a big show out of dramatically accusing the employees of being out to ruin the entire place on purpose. Few things are more disruptive than Karen energy.

The idea that the Supreme Court is illegitimate is not a common or widely-held belief, nor is it particularly obvious or self-explanatory. It's completely reasonable for someone to ask why you think that, and responding by accusing them of trolling does in fact sound pretty mean.

It doesn’t matter if it’s not common belief. Furthermore, it’s very obvious they are illegitimate. We have one justice that is only there by one simple trick, a rapist, and a cult member who’s unqualified.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

PeterCat posted:

So the only real difference between you and the 1/6 guys are the issues you feel are important.

Since you think that intimidation is the least the court should be met with, what do you think is the most it should be met with?

Yes, that is totally what I said in my post. Congrats on conflating people’s rights being taken away and people being upset with it with people who wanted to murder a bunch of members of Congress and the Vice President.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

PeterCat posted:

I'm probably risking a probe here, but we have a president who has a charge of rape against him that is as credible as the charge against Kavanaugh.

Does that make Biden illegitimate?

From

https://www.supremecourt.gov/about/faq_general.aspx#:~:text=The%20Constitution%20does%20not%20specify,been%20trained%20in%20the%20law.

Kava wasn’t legitimate for lying under oath, and having over a million dollars of debt mysteriously paid off. The rapist part should have mattered but of course doesn’t. Him perjuring himself technically does. Of course it technically doesn’t under this one weird trick (nobody in power cares.)

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

PeterCat posted:

But you didn't mention perjury as the reason Kavanaugh was illegitimate, you stated he was a rapist because it's more inflammatory.

And if he committed perjury, let him be impeached if the Congress can prove it.

Holy poo poo, it’s worse in here than I remember. Like drat. All three of them perjured themselves. He also is a rapist. That among other reasons is why they’re illegitimate.

“The Congress” doesn’t give a poo poo. It feels like you’re trying to do like three different lovely bits, or get me to say something to get myself probed. All of which is lame as gently caress. To what end? Are you pro Congress banning protests? Do you think the Supreme Court did a good thing with roe v wade? Are you an anti choice person?

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

FLIPADELPHIA posted:

The Democratic Party leadership doesn't give a poo poo about helping people. They care about fundraising and decorum. I mean, this should be pretty obvious by now. I know people have been saying this for years but turns out, they were correct the whole time.

Exactly. And nobody on the news is any further left of the democratic party expect for maybe John Oliver? He's still a liberal, but about as left as anything mainstream as you get. Literally you're better informed on national issues if you watch Hassan Piker on Twitch than any cable or local news station, with better arguments about why things are the way they are, and why that's generally bad.

I have always voted democratic in national elections. I don't regret it, but I'm sure embarrassed that I thought Biden in the first few months seemed like he was doing good. Like holy poo poo, is he delivering below expectations (the low ones) I had. I'm embarrassed.

Also, I'm generally staying out of D&D, but I will say thanks to those in this thread who called out a poster who was trying to bait me last night. I thought I was clear enough then, and I appreciate others getting what I was stating.

Now that I'm not exhausted, I will say this about intimidation of evil people: (supreme court justices, republicans taking away rights and getting thousands of women killed). At some point in the near future, Mod's are going to have to re-look at their rules about what we can and can't say on here, in hypothetical situations. Basically, the state is acting violently towards over half it's population, (women and other uterus havers) and about to do so in an even more brutal and inhumane manner. Talking about what to do and how best to effectively stop that isn't an act of violence unprovoked, it's an act of self-defense and self preservation. Plenty would make an argument we're already there, but as more horrible laws are passed, it will be more and more obvious. I don't think Row officially being overturned will be the linchpin moment, but there will be another one (or another dozen) that will trigger poo poo being very obviously bad, very quickly. If the mods are going to side with dictator state in that scenario, they should probably admit it now.

I'm not trying to start that conversation yet, I'm just pointing out the obvious writing on the wall.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

https://twitter.com/possumkratom69/status/1525302769229258752?s=20&t=LlWF7YtlfJCIOuaOXSDGJA

I honestly think this guy gets it. This is where we are.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

here's a screenshot of it.

https://twitter.com/sickafsid/status/1525638115712454657?s=20&t=LlWF7YtlfJCIOuaOXSDGJA

it was three posts (covered Row and climate change too), but that was the starter and summed it up well.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

VideoGameVet posted:

Am I the only one who sees where this trajectory takes us?

You're going to end up with cases like this happening often. This isn't about the embryos. This is about control of women.

Of course it is. And control over the poor/non white folks. I'm a white guy. I can see it coming from a mile away.

We're heading towards fascism way, way faster than a lot of folks in this thread of the media wants to admit. We're well past this might happen into this is probably going to happen. The liberals (not left, liberals) are utterly unequipped and incompetent to handle what's to come, (and or the ones in charge are fine with it as long as they can continue to get rich and have cheap maids/labor).

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Koos Group posted:

There are no secret threadbans. If someone is threadbanned it's announced in the thread or noted their sheet (though not in this case because it's a whole batch and it's based on their overall history rather than specific inciting posts). We also try to inform people that undoing of threadbans has occurred by posting in the thread when the user is reported for dodging it.

So my question is why PeteCat was unbanned and still unbanned when they've clearly kept up their usual BS.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

https://twitter.com/hasanthehun/status/1529237169528659968?s=20&t=uVxAyd9REqyzM-Q5HKpEkQ

Kind of sums it up.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Kalit posted:

How many [literal] lives is this stance worth to you?

I've of two minds of this. On the one hand the fascist take over is already halfway happening and 100% going to happen. on the other hand, good guy with a gun is bullshit and when it gets to outright fighting a lot of the "leftist armed types" are going to be the first killed, and won't do any good . You won't be able to unarm this country, but you could do a bunch of things that won't happen. I mean, how many kids died in this country of covid this week? I'm guessing the number is higher than 18. We as a society really don't give a poo poo about anyone other than the preverbal "me". There are laws we could pass that would help reduce violence but we never, ever will.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Kalit posted:

To be perfectly clear, when I asked that question, I’m talking about all gun deaths. Not just high profile mass shootings.

But you’re right, as much as I want to disarm everyone, it would probably end with pro 2A assholes killing everyone in sight. But I think there’s an in between, e.g. Switzerland

Oh for sure. There's a ton of things we could do, but we won't. It does make me think I should probably invest in body armor though.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Failed Imagineer posted:

Tell us more facts about guns - I want to know all about calibers, magazine capacities, firing rates
:allears:
:jackbud:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Why is this probed? This poster has a good point. Gun owners who don't like being called on the fact that they have a weird fetish try to gatekeep rules about guns by acting if you don't know what gun was used in WW2 you can't be apart of making the rules. Yet another garbage argument.

Bottom line, we are all safer by having better gun control laws than you as a gun owner owning a gun. That's not a theory, that's a statistical fact. I don't own a gun, but I know how to use one. I a way better chance of defending my family with a loving wooden sword (because I have training) Or with a knife (again, training) than gun nuts do. Most gun nuts, just like cops are cowards anyway.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

World Famous W posted:

Did you really just do my sword skills are better than a gun? Or is this a a gun nuts don't actually know how to use a gun thing?

I said wooden sword when I could have said baseball bat. My point is swinging a loving stick is more accurate than 99% of people who are gun nuts.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Dick Trauma posted:

I cannot imagine as a private, unarmed citizen standing outside that school listening to gunfire that means the murder of children and not going in. Even if it meant certain death. If all I had was a rock I would pick it up and go in. I would not be able to live with myself if I did nothing.

For trained, armed and armored cops... I cannot understand how they could resist the impulse to stop what they knew was a slaughter of innocents.

Very few cops are trained to a level that they can take on a freaking athletic blue belt in even the lamest martial arts. That's why they desperately need their guns and tasers. The few cops that are are almost universal ex military with real training (often who killed people overseas).

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

CmdrRiker posted:

Normally I want to see more reports before assuming the worst but gently caress it. I'm pissed. gently caress those baby killers. I'm not sorry if I get probed for this worthless post. gently caress them.

It's less worthless than the entire fire range sub forum, which should be removed from something awful. The mods around here have big (we're just libs like the democrats energy) going on lately.

(Minus video games sub, they seem to be well handled).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Willa Rogers posted:

I don't want to hear any poo poo about boomers from men under 50 ever again. :colbert:

That's from a new survey by the SPLC.

Also, :wtc:

Lol that young republican woman are the most bloodthirsty group.