Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

There is also the problem of the underbanked, who probably most need the rebate, but I am not sure how the underbanked got their stimulus checks.

Unless those got stolen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

Bishyaler posted:

Shootings unfolding simultaneously right now: At a hospital in Tulsa, Oklahoma; a Walmart in Pittson, Pennsylvania; and a high school in Los Angeles, California.

Is it hosed that my brain automatically started ranking these in how disastrous they are? Like my first thought in the LA high school shooting was "oh, only one person got injured, that's not so bad."

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

Willa Rogers posted:

I don't want to hear any poo poo about boomers from men under 50 ever again. :colbert:

That's from a new survey by the SPLC.

Also, :wtc:

One of the many, many things that bother me with this survey is how many younger Democratic women think that feminisim has rotted people's minds.

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

BiggerBoat posted:

Yep.

I keep emphasizing this when the subject of messaging comes up as a glaring weak spot in the DNC's game. Another nicer word for it is simply "advertising". There's a loving reason McDonalds, Coke and Budweiser spend loving millions on Super Bowl ads every year even though everyone know what a Big Mac pr a Bud Light is. It's repetition, word association and branding that drills its way into your head whether you want it to or not.

I saw an American Flag decorated case of Budweiser last weekend even though their company isn't owned in the US. It said it was "brewed and canned in the USA" and I'm not even sure about that either but they print on the box. The overall effect is that Budweiser is the king of American Beers that real patriots drink and that knifes its way into people's brains.

The beer is indeed brewed and canned in the US, there's a factory in St. Louis that does quite a lot of it. But Anhauser-Bush got hostile taken over by InBev, and was a big enough transaction that resulting company had to chop something off to get around anti-trust laws. The company is now known as AmInBev S/V and owns over 400 brands of beer. The company is based out of Belgium.

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

Willa Rogers posted:

* Average rental pricing for one-bedroom housing across the country is now $1650.

OOF. And cosidering how averages work there is a gently caress ton of housing above that. =/