Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

turnip kid posted:

I saw entire families wearing LGB T-shirts when I made the mistake of visiting Gatlinburg last week. I figure it's cuz every other store there there sells them, but yikes.

I read that as "LGBT shirts" at first and was very confused

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Violence is okay if your feelings are really really hurt

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Harold Fjord posted:

Flattening that slap into the same amorphous blob of "violence" that encompasses murders and war crimes is not as persuasive as you might think.

Excusing it is also not as persuasive as you might think

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Bishyaler posted:

Exactly. Not to mention that there's truly an interesting number of dudes on here eager to advertise how they'd proudly accept the public ridicule of their spouse with pacifism and good cheer.

there's a truly interesting degree of paternalism and infantilization to your implications that women need 'dudes' to defend their honor, not to mention the faintest soupçon of toxic masculinity with your assertion that acting like a grown up human and not punching someone is somehow unreasonable

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Sharkie posted:

Dr. King wanted better from you.

This is some weirdass posting

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Arist posted:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2022/03/30/facebook-tiktok-targeted-victory/

Holy poo poo, Facebook paid a GOP consulting firm to help them attack TikTok, what a stupid timeline this is.

e: this was the reason for the bizarre uptick in stories about random TikTok vandalism trends, because of course it was

this makes sense given that every other type of crime in the past few years has been attributed to some kind of 'challenge'

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Pakistani Brad Pitt posted:

Did ya have 'em before Sandy Hook? Because I graduated in your same class and I'm questioning your follow-through

I graduated high school in Massachusetts in 2004 and we had active shooter drills from 2000 to 2004 in response to Columbine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

RBA Starblade posted:

No, they said they wouldn't make any referrals to the DoJ, who can (or not) regardless.

Only bennie thompson said that too, the rest were like uhhh what're you talking about