Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat
Remember when a mentally ill dude walked into a first grade classroom in Sandy Hook and killed a bunch of tiny children with a loving machine gun?

And then remember when the polls right after that were like "90% of voters including 75% of Republicans want some stricter background checks to keep this from happening?"

And then remember how the NRA made a single phone call and nothing even made it to the floor of the Congress despite the clear indication the overwhelming majority of the populace wanted something done?

That's called democracy. It's when their dollars outweigh your votes, regardless of the numbers of those two things.

And if you like that, then good! Because that's what we've got. And all we've got!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat
The photos from the classroom should be published in full color on the front page of every newspaper every day for the next week and shown on television at the top and bottom of every hour.

If we'd been forced to look at that picture of the Sandy Hook bathroom we might not be here. Instead, a loving horror scene of unimaginable proportions is reduced to text and no one except the parents and first responders actually has to deal with the loving carnage our Moloch-worship encourages.

Every newspaper, every day. Pictures of destroyed, mangled children can replace the Jumble puzzle!
"HAMBURGER HELPER OR CHILD WHO'S SUFFERED TOO MUCH FREEDOM?"
"GUESS THE AGE OF THIS MANGLED CHILD'S DESTROYED BODY AND WIN A WAFFLE IRON."
"CAN YOU FIGURE OUT HOW MANY BODIES ARE IN THIS PILE OF BLOODY MEAT?"

A picture's worth a thousand words, and just like with COVID, the US news media only ever gives us words about this poo poo. It's time to start actually showing "the awful price of freedom."

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

Soiled Meat

Gumball Gumption posted:

There's not going to be a lot of new insight into the existential dread of the global warming crisis we're marching ourselves into, sorry. We have hard numbers, we know what we need to do, we know what the failure states are and what will get us there, and we know what failure looks like. Not much has changed in 6-8 years so all the rhetoric still sounds the same. There's not going to be a lot of new insights as we have 50 years, then 40, then 30, 20, 10, and then none. Just the same things being said louder and more violently.

It's going to be dismissed as chicken little panic to let our enemies the perfidious Russians take control until the day the sky is actually falling.

That will also be called a Russian plot.

When the US gets its first mass-death event due to 95F wet-bulb temperature somewhere in the South for a few hours, it will get blamed on some "Havana Syndrome"-like enemy weapon to justify another invasion. When the wheat/rice/corn/all 3 harvest fails because the temperature got just .001 degrees too hot to germinate this year, it will be the work of antifa. When Miami drowns it will be an al-Qaeda plot. When the methane pockets in Siberia bust open and start the runaway greenhouse effect, it's clearly a Russian attack on civilization.

In the end, it was the poorest, most powerless people, those with no ability to change or influence the system they live in at all, that were responsible for the collapse. If only one of them had warned us instead of playing their video games and doing their drugs!

We have met the enemy and there is no doubt they are someone else entirely.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)