Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
Such a silly game. I was happy to catch the stream, but man.

I'm no lawyer, but I might have to make an overall list of crimes Carl has committed by the end. Maybe I can badger a friend with legal background to guesstimate a sentence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
Alright. We'll keep a running tally. You're all welcome to add any I missed for the misadventures of our """private eye""". I'll keep it episode by episode to not spoil things not posted yet.

Stealing from a firewatch tower: Firestarter and a Pincer (Bolt cutters)
Breaking into a toll booth(?), the fact it was unlocked isn't relevant I think? I'm not a lawyer.
Stealing from a toll booth: Fliers
Destroying a legally made road barrier
Trespassing past said road barrier
Stealing from another car: Iron box, photo, and a first aid kit.
Stealing from a firewatch station: Chain, firestarter, 6 matches, 2 cut logs. Emergency situation is probably a mitigating factor.
Lighting 2 fires and leaving them unattended.
Fleeing the scene of an accident
Disturbing the crime scene of a murder
Stealing evidence from a crime scene: Envelope
Stealing from a store: Personal notes, 3 firestarters, duct tape, fliers, 4 matches, sensitive business documents, garage key.
Stealing from a register: Key
Stealing from a postbox(Hello felony): Gun, mail+key.
Open carrying a firearm without a license (Presumedly. I highly doubt this man ever got a license.)
Breaking and entering the garage.
Trespassing in garage.
Stealing from the garage: 'hardware', pliers, crowbar.
Stealing petrol from a gas station.
Stealing from a private campsite: 6 matches, lantern, beer bottle.
Lighting fire at campsite and leaving it unattended.
Stealing from outdoor cooler at cabin: steak, 2 beer bottle
Stealing from cabin: first aid kit, duct tape
Leaving fire unattended at cabin.
Leaving fire unattended outside second cabin..

I'm probably missing some, or some things are considered not crimes under extreme circumstances, but that's from passing over the video.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

Bootcha posted:

Government issue pamphlets are intended for distribution free of charge, it is public property!

The accused was cleaning up a clearly abandoned campsite, and no private property postings were visible or apparent!

The accused used containerized fire receptacles, and you cannot half accuse the accused of arson when no arson occurred!

1st, Fair.

2nd, clearly abandoned is arguable since its not clear how long its been there. And a functional latern doesn't exactly count as 'cleaning up', I'd say.

And lastly, Fair. But if a blaze does ignite, it is 100% on him. Extinguish your fires when you're done, kids.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

You were there for the stream too. Oh man just wait for the later episodes.