Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kangra
May 7, 2012

It only took Carl three episodes to get to the place he was determined to 'start the investigation' at. I was half expected the narrator to make a comment on that, but it is a good thing that it does seem to let you explore really in any way you want.

Another game this reminds me of is Kholat (loosely based on the Dyatlov Pass incident) which actually does have lots of snow and more Amnesia in it, but not the memory visions of this one. I didn't much like it, but at least it was fairly short.

And you'd probably have a lot of fun with Infra.

Kangra fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Apr 5, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kangra
May 7, 2012

Well, that wasn't so bad of a game. It showcases one of the problems with presenting a story in an open world. You can't really have proper narrative pacing for a central story if the bits and pieces of it are scattered around. Doing that here made the ending feel rushed and over-explained; you can kind of see in hindsight where all the pieces were, but the presentation of them while playing the game is lacking. There either needs to be less open-endedness (like Ethan Carter), or more short plot threads that combine together (like in Outer Wilds). It was a fun one to watch, though!