Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

sliding downhill like 'yeah I meant to do that.' gently caress Off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
snowboarding tho, thats kickin' rad

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

very controversial topic, skiing

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

More like Peeing

just kidding. peeing is good

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
There's no speed limit

Death is the speed limit

Meep meep

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

the skiing part is good it’s all the falling over and massive amount of admin to get up to the mountain that sucks

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Yeah I'm Going On A Skiing Holiday, By Which I Mean Spending Vast Amounts Of Time And Effort To Physically InjurE MYSELF

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

I lost my wallet on the mountain... oh never mind I just spent all my money and now I'm fuckin broke

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I sucked a ski off

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags
skiing? what are you some kind of millionaire?

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Nowher posted:

skiing? what are you some kind of millionaire?

not any more :classiclol:

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

Sanctum posted:

There's no speed limit

Death is the speed limit

Meep meep

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QR9jZjsvGN4

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Imagine skiing before there were ski lifts

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Cross-country is the superior skiing experience anyway - you just go for a pleasant walk in the forest, and the skis let you go a bit further and faster than just walking. There's snow on the trees and it's quiet and pretty, and you can stop anywhere you want to have a snack. Maybe you have a thermos of hot cocoa in your backpack?

Or you could hurtle yourself down a mountain, I guess.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Guillotines at the bottom of the ski run IMO.

For rich fuckoffs, card carrying athletes will be allowed to keep living.

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

It's awesome actually but I'm old and it hurts my feet and I'm afraid I'm gonna have to give it up but I think I can fix it buy spending over 1k on boots next year so oh well.

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

Big Beef City posted:

Imagine skiing before there were ski lifts

you don't have to imagine it, people go "back country" skiing all the time here, because no matter what there's always someone more hardcore than you in the Rockies.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
I went on a ski weekend this winter with a few friends. Literally everyone got some kind of injury except me. Because I don’t ski.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

How does the award for Fastest Human go to a skier when skydiving exists?

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop

Computer viking posted:

Cross-country is the superior skiing experience anyway

This is correct. I did downhill for decades and loved it, but got annoyed with all the douchebags that were wearing $2000 in gear and sitting around in the lodge all day after a couple of runs. I mean, spend your money as you please, but when this became the norm I just opted out.

Being on cross country gear, out in a quiet forest by yourself or with a friend; that is the optimal skiing experience.

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

I never realised how comfy my regular shoes were until I put them back on after wearing ski boots all day

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
I come from poor so I've always viewed skiing and golfing as weird sports that people do to show off their ability to pay for kit.

I'm not as poor now and I play table top war games so I can't get away with talking poo poo about the cost of hobbies. Also my knees are totally screwed and would likely dislocate the second I strapped a ski on.

In conclusion, skiing sucks, can confirm.

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

Cross-country actually gets you places

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

maybe you suck actually

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Lol if you haven't shattered your knees and spine to go downhill pretty fast

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

been there. done that. prove yourself to me.
skiing is cool when its a euphemism for doing blow

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

numberoneposter posted:

maybe you suck actually

did I say otherwise

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

If you're looking for me, you better check under the sea

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

I lost my wallet on the mountain... oh never mind I just spent all my money and now I'm fuckin broke

Sounds like a thread for Poors

- Three Olives

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Internetjack posted:

I did downhill for decades and loved it, but got annoyed with all the douchebags that were wearing $2000 in gear and sitting around in the lodge all day after a couple of runs. I mean, spend your money as you please, but when this became the norm I just opted out.

*Loves doing something*
*Sees someone else not even doing the thing*
"You piece of poo poo."
*Quits the thing in disgust*
"This is THEIR fault."

This is like quitting bowling because some people showed up at the bar with expensive bowling shirts on and you getting pissed over it. Do you have any idea how stupid and entitled this makes you sound?

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Big Beef City posted:

*Loves doing something*
"You piece of poo poo."
"This is THEIR fault."

This is like quitting bowling because some people showed up at the bar with expensive bowling shirts on and you getting pissed over it. Do you have any idea how stupid and entitled this makes you sound?

Maybe those "bowlers" should've ordered nachos and a pitcher of beer. loving posers.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Big Beef City posted:

*Loves doing something*
"You piece of poo poo."
"This is THEIR fault."

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

OMFG FURRY posted:

snowboarding tho, thats kickin' rad

:gritin:

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i’ve never skied and never will, not even on the water, it’s a disgrace

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpyRI1j9t6c

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

I have this terrible idea in my mind that things like skiing are for rich people. I’m wrong, right?

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I once was gifted a snowboard. It was stolen like the VHS camera after a party.

Oolb
Nov 18, 2019
The best thing about skiing is having a lot of money.
The best thing about snowboarding is smoking a lot of weed.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

If youre from a place where it snows you can find a local ski hill that isn't a mega-resort, although more and more places are trying to be mega-resorts.

You can get ski equipment second hand heavily discounted and even do some light repair on them if youre marginally handy.

Skiing is totally a rich person activity but what a better way to stick it to the rich fuckwits than by tearing it up in denim overalls and a coonskin cap on a 10 year old snowboard.

As an adult, I couldn't give any less fucks about some guys new designer ski getup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Imagine if you took a spaceship to a faraway planet and saw a society of creatures who toiled away at the spacefactory all day just to spend all of their spacebucks on tickets that grant them the privilege of sliding down the side of a mountain over and over. That's how the aliens feel when they look at us. Even so, I must admit snowboarding is fun.