Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
The pandemic has resulted in many of us knowing that we can’t always get what we want in regards to food. It’s gotten better here in Minnesota in the past few months, though some things will oddly still be missing from the shelf for weeks at a time. But with Russia invading Ukraine and global trade being disrupted in the process, there could be some legit food shortages worldwide.

https://twitter.com/abcpolitics/status/1507052235192254472?s=21

As always, the poorest countries and persons will suffer the most. However, is it possible this will actually affect the average middle class American? Was it good that I gained weight during Covid?

Post your predictions and foods that you will miss the most itt. Goodbye, misc kids cereal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I hope the jerk store calls to tell us they're out of you op

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i could lose a few pounds. or i could eat someone. either way

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Warrior needs food badly.

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Brrrmph posted:

Goodbye, misc kids cereal.

Do not worry Malt-o-Meal brand bagged generic cereal will be there for you.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

let them eat cum

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Only food shortage I've noticed recently was that all the Marie Callender's chicken pot pies were gone from the frozen aisle. All the other frozen items were there, including the Marie Callender's non-chicken pot pies. I guess it makes sense, those things are pretty good compared to other frozen food.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Televangelists have you covered, OP:

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/UntidyFrequentDarklingbeetle-mobile.mp4

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
I always just get the beef or turkey pot pies anyway. The red box ones.

Those Michalina's frozen things are pretty good for a buck. The wheels and cheese are a staple.

Yes I've lived very poorly for a long time.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I hope Chinese take out places don't run out of those little packets of the sweet and sour sauce.

Not the Duck Sauce packets that look like sweet and sour sauce but when you get home you realize they're duck sauce packets and they don't actually taste like anything at all, and you're like 'Why didn't the food shortage take the Duck Sauce packets instead of the sweet and sour packets, I LIKE the sweet and sour sauce ones".

Those ones.

Presumably whatever is happening outside my basement apartment window and internet connectivity to the world will only moderately affect sour sauce packet availability at the locations I choose to frequent and which will still honor my patronage.
Usually they are willing to allow me to take up to one dozen of the sweet and sour sauce packets provided I do not order more than one meal per day per week, so long as I stick to these unwritten but clearly implied rule sets and expectations the 12 packs per meal per day per week standard remains in tact for many of the establishments that serve me.

Once the conflict is over and food service and supply returns to normal I predict a nearly 18% increase in global foodstuffs which should ease the burden in upstream consumerism, theoretically they should no longer have any pressing need nor even notice my taking of further packets at this, the single consumer level, here, so far removed from the cause and ultimate reliance upon, the areas and targets affected.

I will keep this site as well as my social media presence updated via automated scripts which should post at regular intervals apprising of new developments such as increased or decreased availability and or shortages or excess in sweet and sour packets at Chinese take out locations near me should you or your loved ones also be affected by these events.

Should the worst happen, I have prepared a sort of 'dead man's switch' which will post of my failure to carry on updating and informing the world re: sweet and sour sauce shortages near me and by this hope that someone will be able to then notify my land lord and or other tenants in my building to remove my body to the cryo chamber that I have reserved using some of my current available Crypto Currency. My hope being that in the future they will be able to resurrect me once anime is made real and there are enough sweet and sour packets for all.

Any way that's my concern with food shortages as of late, op.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Im in your house
Eatin your food

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

I plan on roaming the nations highways and living off of roadkill anyway.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Duck sauce is delicious it's made from plums and apricots

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
good thing americans are up up UP on fat stores. We should have plenty enough for at least a year

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude

Who What Now posted:

Duck sauce is delicious it's made from plums and apricots

it's made from hfcs and pink stop lying to yourself

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal
There's always food in the banana stand

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Hurricane season canned ham supply low, corned beef supply abundant, tuna and canned chicken supply abundant, and powdered milk nearing expiration date and in need of replacement.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Big Beef City posted:

I hope Chinese take out places don't run out of those little packets of the sweet and sour sauce.

Not the Duck Sauce packets that look like sweet and sour sauce but when you get home you realize they're duck sauce packets and they don't actually taste like anything at all, and you're like 'Why didn't the food shortage take the Duck Sauce packets instead of the sweet and sour packets, I LIKE the sweet and sour sauce ones".

Those ones.

Presumably whatever is happening outside my basement apartment window and internet connectivity to the world will only moderately affect sour sauce packet availability at the locations I choose to frequent and which will still honor my patronage.
Usually they are willing to allow me to take up to one dozen of the sweet and sour sauce packets provided I do not order more than one meal per day per week, so long as I stick to these unwritten but clearly implied rule sets and expectations the 12 packs per meal per day per week standard remains in tact for many of the establishments that serve me.

Once the conflict is over and food service and supply returns to normal I predict a nearly 18% increase in global foodstuffs which should ease the burden in upstream consumerism, theoretically they should no longer have any pressing need nor even notice my taking of further packets at this, the single consumer level, here, so far removed from the cause and ultimate reliance upon, the areas and targets affected.

I will keep this site as well as my social media presence updated via automated scripts which should post at regular intervals apprising of new developments such as increased or decreased availability and or shortages or excess in sweet and sour packets at Chinese take out locations near me should you or your loved ones also be affected by these events.

Should the worst happen, I have prepared a sort of 'dead man's switch' which will post of my failure to carry on updating and informing the world re: sweet and sour sauce shortages near me and by this hope that someone will be able to then notify my land lord and or other tenants in my building to remove my body to the cryo chamber that I have reserved using some of my current available Crypto Currency. My hope being that in the future they will be able to resurrect me once anime is made real and there are enough sweet and sour packets for all.

Any way that's my concern with food shortages as of late, op.

Ok we get it, you like rick and morty

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
lmao that it's the future and instead of inventing replicators we decided to grow all our grain in some Borat country full of Nazis

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Big Beef City posted:

Presumably whatever is happening outside my basement apartment window

I didn't figure your move would have been to a basement apt.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

WILL TRADE BITCOIN FOR CHILI DOGS

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

So long as pet and livestock food doesn't run dry, we can probably make it for 2-3 months on what we have stocked around here and what we can continue to harvest off the livestock here on the farm. Longer if I have to start butchering productive adults. I'd just really rather not have to.

E: Like, we've got 29 meat rabbit kits that will be ready for the freezer in 5-8 weeks, depending on how fast they grow. Add some of the pork or beef to that and you've got over a month's worth of meat right there.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
im pretty full right now so sounds like bullshit

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

So long as pet and livestock food doesn't run dry, we can probably make it for 2-3 months on what we have stocked around here and what we can continue to harvest off the livestock here on the farm. Longer if I have to start butchering productive adults. I'd just really rather not have to.

E: Like, we've got 29 meat rabbit kits that will be ready for the freezer in 5-8 weeks, depending on how fast they grow. Add some of the pork or beef to that and you've got over a month's worth of meat right there.

rabbits are very beautiful and thoughtful creatures i will haev youknow

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
It's weird, i haven't seen any jalapeno potato chips in weeks, no matter the brand.

Any kind of noodles are still hard to find.

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

more like shartage!!

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

cant find yellow curry

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

good thing i still have all those beans and lentils from covid 2020

Oolb
Nov 18, 2019
beans

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

I'm grateful for what you do and I know I couldn't do it myself. I like rabbits as pets but understand it's an important food crop. And I know you take good care of them before. I'd eat my guinea pigs too if I had to.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Merge this thread with the HAES thread

DemonToadGoat
Jan 12, 2015

My food is over 6 feet

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Brrrmph posted:

As always, the poorest countries and persons will suffer the most. However, is it possible this will actually affect the average middle class American?
Yes it will. It will mildly inconvenience them.

Which is of course the worst kind of tyranny.

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever
havent noticed lol

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

i have a lemon tree so if poo poo gets rough i figure i can survive off lemons for a few years

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I just ate some leftovers yum i was hungry

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Nooner posted:

I just ate some leftovers yum i was hungry

You are piece of poo poo I know it.

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

There's no Fool shortages I tell you what. Saw a guy pretend he was in GTA the other day and he knocked out a three lane area of I5 for an hour

SAY YOHO
Oct 5, 2021

numberoneposter posted:

good thing i still have all those beans and lentils from covid 2020

It's me, the guy who has bought 25 pound bags of beans, rice, and lentils. A few bags of dried chilis helps. Spices are getting stupid expensive though. 6 dollars for bottle of dried basil? It's a god damned leaf and not a hard one to grow at that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Dried basil is disgusting grow massive amounts of fresh for literally free hth