Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
I thought the reason for Main is that at one point in the anime she actually writes out her name and it's Main. (Since the letters in this are messed-around-with latin alphabet letters)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

https://twitter.com/SoundlessWind/status/1518794666107416576

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

I will say that subsequent events make it very clear that Myne really really isn't interested in extracting a profit and is more about generating a long lasting, self-sustaining impact.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Supremezero posted:

Is long lasting self-sustaining impact code for "More books for Myne to read"?

Because I'm pretty sure that's the goal.

Sustaining impact means more books per second, you see.

She wants a literate society that persists even past her own death. From season 2 she already has access to more books than she can conceivably read herself.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Myne really isn't interested in the profit aspect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Yes. Sort of. Poor guy