Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

OP your anxiety is trying to tell u something. I am coming for you, and I WILL get that peck on the cheek

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
It pisses me off the people(we) get shamed for posting on SA instead of "just go get therapy". Not only does that require you doing the thing that your brain is actively working against, people(some goons itt) that must have gone through the process of getting therapy and probably has success and feel better, but forgot about the hard part and are now punching down.

My wife and I have been talking about getting help for years now. We even have reminders of how our depression is alive and well for instance. We were supposed to go to our nephew's 1st birthday almost 2 hours ago, but just woke up. we both were like aw fuckkkk. I my defence I wasn't back from my bands concert until 12:30 last night, and the fuckin dumb party started at 10:30 at some rentable space that's clearly for weddings and stuff. But that's just rationalizing our depression, apparently just blocking poo poo out and forgetting about is definitely a thing.

Anyway, not only is therapy expensive, you gotta have good health insurance, it's almost completely unavailable to see someone taking on new clients and depends on where you live. I live in the country and my neighbor was thankfully seeing a family therapist before the pandemic, but he told me that that therapist has to work almost 7 days a week and outsource help for clients(and probably making an absolute killing).

I believe the op should do what they can in the now, and one really big easy one is talking to the people who are available to them(that's us), so how bout don't be an rear end in a top hat and contribute to the thread! Hopefully mumpy is looking into a GP appointment first, because its a physical health issue, and we can be helpful in the mean time.

I love you too, op 🙂. Posting Positively in GBS has been helpful for my own mental health issues, so Im continuing to do that entirely selfishly. I'm hoping it becomes contagious.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i had anxiety disorder super bad for 18 years

i have no idea how i made it stop, i mean, i know i just kept telling myself "it's all in your head" but i don't know why it actually started working after 18 straight years of NOT working

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

interwhat posted:

It pisses me off the people(we) get shamed for posting on SA instead of "just go get therapy". Not only does that require you doing the thing that your brain is actively working against, people(some goons itt) that must have gone through the process of getting therapy and probably has success and feel better, but forgot about the hard part and are now punching down.

yeah one thing that you gotta keep in mind is that all those goons who believe it's helpful to just be an rear end in a top hat? they all have good comfy upper-class lives. so it's okay to ignore them

TheSpamalope
Dec 30, 2008

by sebmojo
Lipstick Apathy

precision posted:

yeah one thing that you gotta keep in mind is that all those goons who believe it's helpful to just be an rear end in a top hat? they all have good comfy upper-class lives. so it's okay to ignore them

I'm hella poor. Hella. You got more money then i got that's why you just make up stuff to dismiss us :(

TheSpamalope
Dec 30, 2008

by sebmojo
Lipstick Apathy
Let me ask you this have you ever SEEN an anxiety before? That's right no one has hmm i womder why. Can you point on the doll where your anxiety sand fibro mygslia is?

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Making light of your problems is like a free therapy

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

everyone just stop. OP is frozen in carbonite like solo he cant respond to all our good advice.

lets pick it up in a couple hours and then we can continue being terrible to each other in the name of mental health advice

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

putin is a oval office posted:

Your brain is literally your entire window to the world, so when it's not working correctly it's super loving hard for the person undergoing that to actually seek the right help.

So yeah they will do that and also I'm glad you obviously haven't experienced this kind of problem, and I hope you never do.

i didn't mean to come off as judgmental. it's a joke.

i very much avoid desperately needed therapy and fill the void with a bunch of dumb poo poo including posting on SA so i don't know what the gently caress you're talking about with "you obviously haven't experienced this kind of problem" i'm literally describing myself you dummy

ben shapino fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Mar 27, 2022

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
Yea, that's the stuff:rolleyes:

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

You should never reveal your weaknesses on SA lest other posters use them against you

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Colonel Cancer posted:

You should never reveal your weaknesses on SA lest other posters use them against you

Until you have accepted yourself and want others to lol right along with you, the world seems to be ending p much so eh

If you post about seriousish stuff in GBS you must be willing to get teased, hopefully funny poo poo occurs amongst the effort posts. Best post in this thread is this one imo:

putin is a oval office posted:

Hahahahahahahaha How The gently caress Is Anxiety Real Hahahaha Nigga Just Walk Away From The Entirety Of Reality Like Nigga Close Your Eyes Haha

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

people make fun of my crushing loneliness all the time and it's a laugh riot

it's the only time I feel alive

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Spinz posted:

Until you have accepted yourself and want others to lol right along with you, the world seems to be ending p much so eh

If you post about seriousish stuff in GBS you must be willing to get teased, hopefully funny poo poo occurs amongst the effort posts. Best post in this thread is this one imo:

Nah lol you should always aim for 70/30 lies truth mixture in every post. Be an enigma :gaysper:

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Try alcoholism OP

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
15 hours left on OP's probe but I advise embracing your anxiety; stare into the void kinda thing
works for me at least

obithrawn
Apr 22, 2003

interwhat posted:

This is a safe space and I'm here to prop up GBS as a good place to communicate with people, unlike every other social media platform.

That being said, everyone here's a fuckin self proclaimed expert and for the most part should be ignored, or taken with a grain of salt.

You should start with talking with your general practitioner, many psychological symptoms are often a byproduct of physical ailments or disease. So if you're all good physically, in theory, he/she/they will refer you to a mental health professional.

I however, self medicate with a (very healthy imo) regiment of drugs and alcohol, video games(mostly simulators) joining a brass ensemble (it forces responsibility and accountability), and rescuing cats off the mean streets of Fuckin Nowhere, Ohio.

i used to have this happen too where I felt like throwing up basically all the time and then I saw a doctor about it who was a little alarmed I didn't ask for help earlier. he prescribed me some medication which helps immensely and also i do some therapy stuff too because there's other poo poo going on. and personally i had to use less drugs which helped me too, but anyway, id just book an appointment with a GP and describe your symptoms and say you would prefer to not feel this way.

godspeed OP you don't have to live like this, it can get better.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

You know who deserves to feel better all the time constantly op?
Me.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD posted:

everyone just stop. OP is frozen in carbonite like solo he cant respond to all our good advice.

*spits on ops frozen avatar*

just get happy, bitch. stop having thoughts all the time. how do you control thoughts? by being a normal person, duh

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Colonel Cancer posted:

once u reach a certain level it becomes possible to just lol at your own weaknesses, and how many of them you have, and so it becomes impossible to be bothered by anything anyone else ever says about you again

it owns

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

OMFG FURRY posted:

*spits on ops frozen avatar*

just get happy, bitch. stop having thoughts all the time. how do you control thoughts? by being a normal person, duh

bret easton ellis doesnt respond to my emails about a sequel to that book for similar sentiments

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

your brain is there to keep you alive not keep you happy op

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
I think my anxiety might be worse than normal people get. Somebody on here once said the anxiety mosquitoes from Big Mouth were an extremely accurate representation of anxiety. Not for me. For me it’s more like absolute certainty that the nukes are already in the air, or I’m minutes away from receiving a zyklon-b shower.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Try a MBSR class or Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction class. Its a CBT , evidence based meditation program that helps reduce anxiety. It's been around for like 20+ years and has proven results in reducing anxiety. I highly recommend it. You could also read some John Kabat Zinn who invented the program. You can even find classes for free. There's also other avenues of reducing anxiety such as going for walks, exercising, adjusting your diet. I'd also recommend the book Self Compassion by Kristin Neff as a great book as well.

Also there are non narcotic options for anxiety and there is a whole class of drugs dedicated to treating anxiety that are not addictive.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Mar 27, 2022

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
At what point does anxiety and depression stop being a disorder and become a natural reaction to how hosed the world is?

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
Try therapy, op.

Also, maybe try shidding and farding and Cumming in your pants.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Yaldabaoth posted:

At what point does anxiety and depression stop being a disorder and become a natural reaction to how hosed the world is?

You can feel the difference, totally

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

kecske posted:

your brain is there to keep you alive not keep you happy op

Well that's not true given that it literally can and does make itself happy.
As in a decent chunk of what it literally physically does is pump out feel good juice.

TheSpamalope
Dec 30, 2008

by sebmojo
Lipstick Apathy
im pumpin out some juice right now!!!

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Yaldabaoth posted:

A disorder prevents you from acting normally.
Thinking the world is too hosed to bother is an excuse to cover your symptoms.
hth

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Ah yes acting normally, a thing goons do

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

TheSpamalope posted:

im pumpin out some juice right now!!!

The police are coming

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Colonel Cancer posted:

Ah yes acting normally, a thing goons do

Derp derp derp I'm unable to parse basic poo poo I read.

Yes. As in, suffering from anxiety such that you no longer are able to function at a level you are used to, whatever that baseline is. Which is the definition of normal

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
I wouldn't worry about it oh wait

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

interwhat posted:

What the hells a drat panic attack? You ever heard of that, Jim? Millennials... Can't do nothin for 'em.

-boomer work with

Tell him that it’s like what he feels when the store forces him to put on a thin paper mask.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
maybe instead of anxiety it's something benign like stomach cancer op

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I drank coffee that was too strong and now I'm very anxious

If you have anxiety issues and drink caffeine then u should probably stop drinking caffeine

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Spinz posted:

You can feel the difference, totally

yeah, like, i have a low grade massive amount of depression and fear about the universe, but i no longer have "my brain won't even let me enjoy anything good because it won't stop its entirely vague insistence that i'm about to drop dead at any second"

the former makes me smoke a lot of weed and shitpost more; the latter had made it difficult to even leave the house at times

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Yaldabaoth posted:

when it interferes with your ability to be exploited for profit at the hands of someone with exponentially more money than you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I have no advice but I hope you feel better.