Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Hire Kenny G to play for me in the elevator.
https://www.amazon.com/Extender-Amplifier-Wall-Through-1200Mbps-Coverage/dp/B09SZ4S7TQ

What's the deal with this? I am looking for a wifi extender and saw this one had a perfect five stars which is really uncommon to see

The "sold by" company name is so loving ridiculous that it doesnt even have enough room to fit on my screen.

Then I went down to the reviews...and, what the gently caress? It's reviews for a completely different item. What the gently caress is that about?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Pretty wild op

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
That's never going to work unless you've got one really wide butthole to stick all the antenna up, or four tiny buttholes in the exact right geometry.

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015

Nice.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Blooster posted:

https://www.amazon.com/Extender-Amplifier-Wall-Through-1200Mbps-Coverage/dp/B09SZ4S7TQ

What's the deal with this? I am looking for a wifi extender and saw this one had a perfect five stars which is really uncommon to see

The "sold by" company name is so loving ridiculous that it doesnt even have enough room to fit on my screen.

Then I went down to the reviews...and, what the gently caress? It's reviews for a completely different item. What the gently caress is that about?

Amazon lets it's 3rd party sellers completely change listings. So they do that and keep all the product reviews from something else instead of having their lovely product without reviews. hth.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Also I got two extenders similar to what you're looking at and they're annoying but ALRIGHT op

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Amazon lets it's 3rd party sellers completely change listings. So they do that and keep all the product reviews from something else instead of having their lovely product without reviews. hth.

Amazon and 3rd parties also do review syndication and you sometimes end up with cross-referenced items that show reviews for the wrong item. I bought a modem recently that has Pepsi Max reviews.

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Hire Kenny G to play for me in the elevator.

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I didn't realize I had to be that specific in my questioning, so: why does Amazon allow this

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Blooster posted:

I didn't realize I had to be that specific in my questioning, so: why does Amazon allow this

They make money when people sell things.

If people can sell things to idiots faster because of hosed reviews Amazon makes more money faster.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum
That's clearly a prostate massager

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

That's clearly a prostate massager

Everything is a prostate massager

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

I remember reading an article last year about the Consumer Product Safety Commission cracking down on crap from third-party Amazon sellers that was unsafe and straight-up didn’t work, including a completely non-functional carbon monoxide detector made by a company called BQQZHZ.

I wanted to appropriate BQQZHZ for a men’s fashion line, but it turns out they actually registered it as a US trademark. Just gotta wait until they finally abandon it, I guess

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Blooster posted:

This is China slapping together a bunch of random crap leftover from all the electronics they manufacture, and selling it under a fake company as a scam.

Trollologist
Mar 3, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Yaldabaoth posted:

This is China slapping together a bunch of random crap leftover from all the electronics they manufacture, and selling it under a fake company as a scam.

So like, 60% of amazon products.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Trollologist posted:

So like, 60% of amazon products.

I didn't think the number was that low.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Don’t buy things from Amazon OP, and I’m not just saying that as “gently caress Bezos” guy. There is literally no oversight on anything they sell anymore so you might get a WiFi extender or you might get a box full of poop. Just go to a Best Buy or what have you and spend the extra 3 bucks and also get it right now instead of making someone piss in a bottle to get it to you tomorrow.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
If you need to buy online just buy it direct from the manufacturer who all have online stores set up.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Blooster posted:

that's the logical result of the profit motive, op

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I just got a screen door for french doors that velcros to thebdoor frame and connects in the middle with magnets so you can keep bugs out while the doors are open pretty wild the poo poo they sell on amazon in2022

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Nooner posted:

I just got a screen door for french doors that velcros to thebdoor frame and connects in the middle with magnets so you can keep bugs out while the doors are open pretty wild the poo poo they sell on amazon in2022

Hell yeah I got one of those one year. Good for the dogs too so they can come and go as they please.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Yaldabaoth posted:

PuTianShiZhanYangDianZiShangWuYouXianZeRenGongSi is a legitimate business and I won't have you besmirching their good name like that.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I got this listing bookmarked so I can order when I need to, which is often. I usually order about five or six times a week, so I really need to have it bookmarked and in my Amazon wishlist daily because of how often I order and have to reorder, most weekdays and one weekend day that I have to reorder, so I can click on my Amazon wishlist where it's saved or my favorites bar in order to reorder when I need to often during the weekday and one day on the weekend from my saved items and bookmarks

ErrorInvalidUser
Aug 23, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Big Beef City posted:

Everything is a prostate massager

Someone had to be brave enough to step up to the plate and ask the most important question of all.

I am that man...

bar88537
Nov 8, 2004

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

I got this listing bookmarked so I can order when I need to, which is often. I usually order about five or six times a week, so I really need to have it bookmarked and in my Amazon wishlist daily because of how often I order and have to reorder, most weekdays and one weekend day that I have to reorder, so I can click on my Amazon wishlist where it's saved or my favorites bar in order to reorder when I need to often during the weekday and one day on the weekend from my saved items and bookmarks

Can you please share the bookmark instead of just talking about it

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

Someone had to be brave enough to step up to the plate and ask the most important question of all.

I am that man...

This guy doesn't know what the hell he's talking about.
Look man. Look at that range extender, ok?

Turn that fucker upside down and spread those antennas out. Now what's it got?

You're drat right. You think I got into tech to waste my life on pointless poo poo? gently caress no. Telling strangers on the internet how to not lose wi-fi range extenders in their rear end while sexually pleasuring themselves is why I did it and I'd do it again tomorrow if that's where God calls me.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
drat that extender could probe four guys at once

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Big Beef City posted:

This guy doesn't know what the hell he's talking about.
Look man. Look at that range extender, ok?

Turn that fucker upside down and spread those antennas out. Now what's it got?

You're drat right. You think I got into tech to waste my life on pointless poo poo? gently caress no. Telling strangers on the internet how to not lose wi-fi range extenders in their rear end while sexually pleasuring themselves is why I did it and I'd do it again tomorrow if that's where God calls me.

Four words for the four words thread-

No sense of adventure

Stonehouse Beach
Feb 8, 2019
You think sketchy 3rd party Amazon fulfiller PuTianShiZhanYangDianZiShangWuYouXianZeRenGongSi is bad, wait 'till you meet sketchy 3rd-party Walmart fulfiller KaiFengQingJianShangMaoYouXianGongSi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Stonehouse Beach posted:

You think sketchy 3rd party Amazon fulfiller PuTianShiZhanYangDianZiShangWuYouXianZeRenGongSi is bad, wait 'till you meet sketchy 3rd-party Walmart fulfiller KaiFengQingJianShangMaoYouXianGongSi

It's pronounced "Jerry" if I remember right