Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
I’m at lunch with a buddy and he told me it’s kinda bad and says there’s a misplaced looking truck in it. His girlfriend confirms that master chief looks weird. What’s say you goons

e: It’s not goony that im making this thread at the moment, they got our order wrong so we’re waiting for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I got paramount+ because it's free with Xbox for awhile now, so I can watch it ( AND Picard, WOW!).

I'm not, op, no.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

It's sponsored by J-Lo

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo
I personally haven't OP, but to answer your question Im sure someone has.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I heard it’s bad OP

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

One thing that I liked about Halo the video games was Master Chief.

Can't wait to see what he's like in the show

Icept
Jul 11, 2001
is this some kind of master chef food truck joke

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Icept posted:

is this some kind of master chef food truck joke

Please don't ever think we make jokes here

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Big Beef City posted:

One thing that I liked about Halo the video games was Master Chief.

Can't wait to see what he's like in the show

He got demoted to Slave Private

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

oh is that what this tweet is about

https://twitter.com/xenobIade3/status/1507878699093438467

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

...lol

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Monsieur Chiefé

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Its bad, but the action scenes are kinda fun. Weird to see it be a lot more gory than anything in the games though

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
What kind of a mom calls their kid Master? Mr and Mrs. Chief are messed up

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
It better be 45 minutes of constant weapon swapping

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Colonel Cancer posted:

What kind of a mom calls their kid Master? Mr and Mrs. Chief are messed up

His family owns a historical plantation home in Louisiana

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Hector Delgado posted:

It better be 45 minutes of constant weapon swapping

Crouching and uncrouching repeatedly

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer
The chief story and character is boring. I want to see the story of Thel'Vadam please and thank you.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Faster Beef

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
the killzone tv show is going to be the halo tv show killer

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
More like Paramount Pus

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
I watched it

I like it so far. I think a lot of the hate is it's not a 1:1 to the game but I appreciate that to be perfectly honest

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo
Wasn't master chief reveled to be a lady at some epic point?

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
I kept saying Master Queef whenever he showed up on screen

ErrorInvalidUser
Aug 23, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
master chief stoner anime

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
His baby yoda is an angry asian girl and he takes his helmet off in the first episode. Wtf

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Homophobia Evolved

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

we catch military units using child soldiers in the russia-ukraine war, and suddenly paramount puts out this tv show glorifying john halo. that can't be a coincidence.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

FOLLOW THE MONEY

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I asked my imam and after much deliberation and consultation of the Quran he determined that the television show Halo is in fact, haram.

According to demographic research, this means 99.8% of the SA user base cannot watch the television show Halo as it is haram and this website follows the prophet

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

the prophet appeared to me and told me i could watch, but i'm still not interested and probably won't

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Master Bater :ck5:

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

I asked my imam and after much deliberation and consultation of the Quran he determined that the television show Halo is in fact, haram.

According to demographic research, this means 99.8% of the SA user base cannot watch the television show Halo as it is haram and this website follows the prophet

There is only one God and Satoru Iwata is his prophet

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
More like Gay Blow if you ask me

Kwatz
Aug 14, 2008

Mediocre so far, but interesting. Chief taking off the helmet in the first episode was kinda lame. Gotta earn that emotional payoff.. Action was okay, ships the aesthetic matches which is cool. Ill keep watching till it does something really dumb, which could be anytime. Although, they need to lose the Madolorian vibe real quick. Mando has that niche on lockdown.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I was under the impression that the main character isn't actually Master Chief.
As in, he might hold the RANK of Master Chief, but he's not THE Master Chief from the games.
Also the series takes place in an alt universe so nothing in it affects the games and game lore is out the window when they want to twiddle with plots and stuff.

Other than playing the first three games a long time ago, I don't know any of the deeper lore, as in never read the books that came out (the hell..?) or the latest games. I understand there's been a lot of story since the first three, so I'm sure fans of the series are probably pissed or waiting like hell for something to pop up.

I almost wonder if the show wouldn't have been better served setting it up as almost a full action thing, where each episode is a mission, and each season a campaign. Several minutes at the start and end of each episode for briefing/debriefing and offering a glimpse of the goings on of the larger world. Even break aways when MC finds an object or something and calls it in, get a flashback scene or a break out moment describing it/history/why people want whatever it is/etc.

The idea of the show instead being action/drama with more interpersonal relationships and lots of talking and stuff - which on its own isn't bad - just doesn't fit Halo. The entire point is to be a faceless no name thing that the player puts themselves into to shoot lasers at poo poo. Not make political decisions and terse personal emotional moments.

Dirk Rayne
May 31, 2020
Gonna make u quartz

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

Big Beef City posted:

I was under the impression that the main character isn't actually Master Chief.
As in, he might hold the RANK of Master Chief, but he's not THE Master Chief from the games.
Also the series takes place in an alt universe so nothing in it affects the games and game lore is out the window when they want to twiddle with plots and stuff.

Other than playing the first three games a long time ago, I don't know any of the deeper lore, as in never read the books that came out (the hell..?) or the latest games. I understand there's been a lot of story since the first three, so I'm sure fans of the series are probably pissed or waiting like hell for something to pop up.

I almost wonder if the show wouldn't have been better served setting it up as almost a full action thing, where each episode is a mission, and each season a campaign. Several minutes at the start and end of each episode for briefing/debriefing and offering a glimpse of the goings on of the larger world. Even break aways when MC finds an object or something and calls it in, get a flashback scene or a break out moment describing it/history/why people want whatever it is/etc.

The idea of the show instead being action/drama with more interpersonal relationships and lots of talking and stuff - which on its own isn't bad - just doesn't fit Halo. The entire point is to be a faceless no name thing that the player puts themselves into to shoot lasers at poo poo. Not make political decisions and terse personal emotional moments.

BBC on point, and on fire lately with the takes.
agreed, Sir.

I haven't watched yet, tho.

Beyond ReTarTed.
Dec 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bad Purchase posted:

FOLLOW THE MONEY

donate today!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019