Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I got paramount+ because it's free with Xbox for awhile now, so I can watch it ( AND Picard, WOW!).

I'm not, op, no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

One thing that I liked about Halo the video games was Master Chief.

Can't wait to see what he's like in the show

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Icept posted:

is this some kind of master chef food truck joke

Please don't ever think we make jokes here

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

...lol

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

I asked my imam and after much deliberation and consultation of the Quran he determined that the television show Halo is in fact, haram.

According to demographic research, this means 99.8% of the SA user base cannot watch the television show Halo as it is haram and this website follows the prophet

There is only one God and Satoru Iwata is his prophet

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I was under the impression that the main character isn't actually Master Chief.
As in, he might hold the RANK of Master Chief, but he's not THE Master Chief from the games.
Also the series takes place in an alt universe so nothing in it affects the games and game lore is out the window when they want to twiddle with plots and stuff.

Other than playing the first three games a long time ago, I don't know any of the deeper lore, as in never read the books that came out (the hell..?) or the latest games. I understand there's been a lot of story since the first three, so I'm sure fans of the series are probably pissed or waiting like hell for something to pop up.

I almost wonder if the show wouldn't have been better served setting it up as almost a full action thing, where each episode is a mission, and each season a campaign. Several minutes at the start and end of each episode for briefing/debriefing and offering a glimpse of the goings on of the larger world. Even break aways when MC finds an object or something and calls it in, get a flashback scene or a break out moment describing it/history/why people want whatever it is/etc.

The idea of the show instead being action/drama with more interpersonal relationships and lots of talking and stuff - which on its own isn't bad - just doesn't fit Halo. The entire point is to be a faceless no name thing that the player puts themselves into to shoot lasers at poo poo. Not make political decisions and terse personal emotional moments.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Xaintrailles posted:

I'm glad they kept the topless computer lady, that's central to the artistic integrity.
I also like the way they deal with the jeep's handling by always having it happen be driving over a slip-and-slide.

e: Also love the way Halo constantly jumps around whenever someone talks to him. Authentic.

Uhhhhhh mods?

Excuse me?!

She is NOT topless. Ok?
She is feminine but does NOT have extremely detailed secondary sexual characteristics they are VERY tastefully covered by her virtual skin tight spandex digital outerwear, thank you.
AND FURTHERMORE her NAME is Cortana. NOT 'Computer Lady'. Talk about DEMEANING someone? Why don't you take a look in a mirror, BUD.

And on THAT note, HIS name is not HALO. Halo is a ring world? Alright? One of at least more than one that exist. In space. Maybe you've heard of that? Probably not since you're so busy staring at Cortana's boobs and playing throw the ball or what have you, you APE. His NAME is Master Chief John 117 and no I don't know what happened to John's 1-116 that is part of the mystery and maybe if you SHUT YOUR DIP HOLE LONG ENOUGH I could watch the show and find out. Think we can try that hot shot??? I thought so. Not so TOUGH now are ya once you get a little knowledge SPOON FED to you about the hardest guy in the universe Master Chief John 117.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Colonel Cancer posted:

Half-Life tv show is so much better and more erudite

I want the intro to be some kind of really lovely prog-rock/techno music as really dark shapes and lines move slowly across the screen and an extremely sampled, yet almost comically overly sexy womans voice intones "They're waiting for you...in the test chamber, Gordon.." repeatedly.