Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

i thought this was going to be about goons making bad podcasts but if we're just listinf off what we like,
for going for a long run, i listen to last podcast on the left, the rewatchables, or baby geniuses. i dont recommend the last one, because i cant identify clearly why i like it, but i do like it.
for doing poo poo around the house i listen to mbmbam or the always sunny podcast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
The Trojan Horse Affair was a good series by the producer of Serial

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

I miss my cat someone buy me a kitten.

My favourite podcast I haven't seen mentioned yet: Do Go On - three Australian comedians take turns to discuss a topic - each week one of them presents some "mid week school homework level research" to the other two. Don't be put off by the length, the last 30min at least is patreon readouts so up to you if you listen to that part. Hosted by Jess Perkins, Matt Stewart and Dave Warneke.

Also for fans of topic based informative podcasts: This Podcast Will Kill You - if you are into medical stuff and want to learn more about a disease or sometimes a poison and rarely something else medical related. They cover what the disease does, its history and treatment. Kind of like Sawbones but more in depth. Hosted by disease ecologists and epidemiologists Erin Welsh and Erin Allmann Updyke.

And since I'm here and typing 'I saw what you did' - a movie based podcast, discussing a common theme across a couple of movies, I don't know who Danielle Henderson or Millie De Chirico are outside of the podcast but if you've heard of either... you probably already know about this podcast never mind. Also it's nice to have an all lady cast along side other all dude podcasts like we hate movies or flophouse, which I also enjoy.

Oh and while I'm not sure if he still doing them Will Anderson has some interesting interview podcasts with various people/celebs/artists etc over at Wilosophy.

digitalist
Nov 17, 2000

journey into Kirk's unknown

Haven’t seen Chapo Trap House mentioned so Let me expand on the Chapo Trap House suggestion and since I am pretty bad at describing things so I lifted this from wikipedia,

quote:

Biederman said the show's audience is seeking alternatives to liberal media, which he calls "the dominion of either upper-middle-class smugness when it's even the least bit funny and insufferable self-righteousness when it's even the least bit conscious."[10] Similarly, Christman said that leftist perspectives in media tend toward either the "smug above-it-all snark of The Daily Show or the quaver-voiced earnestness of, like, Chris Hedges or something. Neither of those models offer the visceral thrill of listening to people who actually give a poo poo (as opposed to the wan liberalism of people who are mostly interested in showing how much smarter they are than Republicans)."[10] Menaker has said that Chapo is meant to be in "marked contrast to the utterly humorless and bloodless path that leads many people with liberal or leftist proclivities into the trap of living in constant fear of offending some group that you're not a part of, up to and including the ruling class."[10]

Here is an excerpt part of their reading series of A Rob Dreher article, it’s been a while but this one came to mind as memorable,

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=M5YGD3frwrQ

I really appreciate Matt Christman’s contributions, sometimes he hosts these rambling sessions on youtube about whatever is on his mind which are interesting.

Here’s a random sample of that,

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VpcqUKLnRAs

And a second, why not.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xziBSyR_PtM

For more of this, here’s their soundcloud,

https://m.soundcloud.com/chapo-trap-house

digitalist fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Apr 6, 2022

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
I think someone said 372 Pages We'll Never Get Back already but it's great- it's just Mike Nelson and another guy from Rifftrax going through questionable books chapter-by-chapter

they started with Ready Player One and that's as good of a place as any to start off if you've never listened but Shatner's corny-rear end scifi book Tekwar and the strange outsider-art novel Truckin' Through Time are also both standouts to me

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Bedtime for me is the only time I read (it helps me fall asleep most of the time, so I don't do it during the day) or watching calming youtube videos like the Townsends (fun 18th century history buff) or camping/hiking/backpacking vids, etc. Nothing too exciting.

Although I just finished Das Boot and holy poo poo. That was one of the best books I've ever read. I ended up reading it for about 2 hours a night so that didn't help me get to sleep. Now I'm finally reading If It Bleeds from Stephen King. His newest book of short stories I think. I always liked his short stories.

I tried listening to audiobooks when going to sleep but I'd just pass out and miss a bunch of it. They have timers I can set so it's only 30 minutes or so but I still don't hear it all so I just can't do that.

How is if it bleeds so far? I’ve been meaning to check out some new king stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Lord Decimus Barnacle posted:

How is if it bleeds so far? I’ve been meaning to check out some new king stuff

I'm only about 1/4 the way through of the first story. Nothing magical happening yet. It got really good reviews though. I'll be reading more of it tonight.