Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

I wanna see how they buff the grunts like they buffed the jackals making them bigger and giving them plasma short swords. Give the grunts longer legs and some plasma flails maybe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

VanillaGorilla posted:

I think the show does a good job of capturing the spirit of the games

Something I love along these lines is how everyone seems to have grenades ready to go on LB

Also the obsessive reloading

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

I do appreciate how it's a halo special edition xbox, it stuck out a fair bit. I was half expecting the shopkeep to reminisce about her KDR playing "Spartan Assault" back in the day.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

counterfeitsaint posted:

Even after several months (a year?) I still can't believe Picard's story ended with the crew pulling some sicc drifts in the Ent D, flying around inside an exploding borg gigacube that's been secretly living inside the red spot of Jupiter for god knows how long. And so many people loved it. That's the kind of poo poo RLM would dream up while they're drunk and trying to predict the dumbest, worst possible idea the showrunners could have gone with.

Picard was the god drat worst.

It's actually something RLM would dream up thinking it's a good idea, because they loved it. RLM are hacks.

I thought season 1 and 2 were vaguely fun, season 3 got turbo dumb though.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Marsupial Ape posted:

Maybe I’m being reductive, but I think it comes down to the whole “laconic hero so the player can self-insert into the game” design of the first couple games have made certain fans identify with John Halo a little too much. How can John have PTSD if they had a great time as John? If John is weak, does that mean they are weak, too? Oh no! Identity and confidence crisis!

I can't imagine how a Gordon Freeman depiction in some Half-Life adaptation would go over.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Yeah we're all preparing for them to get on the pillar of autumn in the season finale and then the show being immediately cancelled. :capitalism:

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

The halo edging is kind of amusing at this point.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

I'm an idiot with two needlers was pretty good

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

It's been a pretty steady ramp up all season, it's just in stark contrast to the pointless first season.

I don't care if Star Trek has been solid between Strange New Worlds and Lower Decks, gimme more Halo.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

I love hijacking a banshee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

MCC is a steal for :10bux:

It's halo 1, 2, 3, odst, reach, and 4, with singleplayer, co-op, and multiplayer for each. If you have any affinity for playing halo games at all, you'd be pretty daft to not take that deal.