Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
they say everyone has a price. i think that's actually true, for probably 99.9999% of all humans. what price would you sell your soul for?

defining "your soul" as "whatever it is about you that is of infinite and ultimate importance". if you don't believe there can be any kind of afterlife or way your consciousness lives on, then lets say "selling your soul" means "doing a thing you would otherwise definitely never do and would hate yourself for doing"

so, with that said

how much?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Selling your soul is some old school bullshit, 21st century fiends just let you reverse mortgage and timeshare it

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
$15 and a hotdog

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
My motivation is not money

It's to go back in time

Show me who I need to kill

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

I don’t know about all that, OP, but I think I’d give my dominant hand in exchange for a lump sum of $25 million.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
Superpowers. Cool ones, not lame ones. Seconding Spinz’ idea of time travel, that would be a great superpower.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I keep getting told I'm going to hell for eternity anyway, so honestly like $20 for something that's worthless.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Heck I'll pay you to tow it away! Having no soul would be a blessing

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
I'll do it for free I'm just lonely

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Anybody wanna swap souls? No strings attached

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Spinz posted:

It's to go back in time

mine is definitely money

Strumpie
Dec 9, 2012
i cannot be bought.

i would surrender my life before i betray myself.

Richard Cabeza
Mar 1, 2005

What a dickhead...
How do I know you’re not really the devil, OP? You might be waiting for me to say some comedy low ball offer, then scream “SOLD!”

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Suppose a man shows up at my door and gives me a box. He says with the press of a button, my simple wooden box will bestow some amount of money; however, a mod somewhere else will be permabanned, at the same time.

Well suppose that amount of money is $5. I guess would push the button at least 20 or 30 times.

Smugworth fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Mar 29, 2022

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Strumpie posted:

i cannot be bought.

i would surrender my life before i betray myself.

I sell Strumpie to the highest bidder

Strumpie
Dec 9, 2012

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

how dare you.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i'm not sure about truly evil acts but if someone paid me a million dollars to eat 50 eggs in one day i'd give it an honest effort

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Strumpie posted:

how dare you.

O you'd love it

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Strumpie posted:

how dare you.

You're worth a lot

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Mozi posted:

i'm not sure about truly evil acts but if someone paid me a million dollars to eat 50 eggs in one day i'd give it an honest effort

I’d eat 50 fertilized human eggs for two ounces of weed and a hard drive full of naked ladies behaving nakedly.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
selling your 'soul' is a dumb question for a forum full of edgelords and atheists who put a price of approximately zero on such a thing

so my answer depends on how long it would take. like if it takes an hour to sign all the paperwork I'll need at least fifty bucks to make it worth it, maybe 100 because it's my free time, presumably I couldn't take work off to do it

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
I don't understand how you would sell that
always seemed like a nonsensical concept to me

not that I object to it metaphysically, I just don't understand what's supposed to happen
how do you conceptualize the soul as both the fundamental component of self, but also experientially separate from the self?

if it was "sell your sense of humor", ok, I can picture that. I wouldn't find things funny anymore. I can imagine the before and after
but the soul is too big of a constituent part

to me that's like if you said "what would it take for you to sell every part of you except for your hair?"
I'd be like, "what? slow down, wait, what the gently caress kind of question is that? are you saying afterward I'd just be a pile of hair?"

I don't know why nobody else struggles with this

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

Spinz posted:

It's to go back in time

I feel like, if you don't already know who you're supposed to kill, you shouldn't be trusted with time travel

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Brother Tadger posted:

I don’t know about all that, OP, but I think I’d give my dominant hand in exchange for a lump sum of $25 million.

man. that's tough. man. lose a whole hand, never play guitar again. i guess 25 mil could buy a good prosthetic and you could even pay someone to wipe your butt or jerk you off, but man.

i think i'd need at least 100 million for that

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Mozi posted:

do you have any idea how bad you would feel tho

i ate a whole box of chex cereal in a day a couple days ago, and when i pooped i thought i was literaly dying

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

about $600. six hundo is class money

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
bout 20/hr

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
how about, what about like, if you shoot this 5 year old kid, suddenly everyone in America would own the place they live. in other words, rent would disappear. if you shoot the kid. you would not get caught or ever face ANY punishment, except your own conscious

would you do it

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
My price is about 35 bucks an hour. I'd let anyone suck my dick if they gave me that much for every hour they sucked it.

5 hour minimum charge though.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

precision posted:

how about, what about like, if you shoot this 5 year old kid, suddenly everyone in America would own the place they live. in other words, rent would disappear. if you shoot the kid. you would not get caught or ever face ANY punishment, except your own conscious

would you do it

gently caress america. absolutely not

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

what if the 5 year old kid is america and the shot is an ice cream cone

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

what about everyone in the world? what if, if you shot the kid, everyone in the world would never be hungry again, ever.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

All right. I offer you:

Wall Balls posted:

about $600. six hundo is class money

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

144 million

that's 2 million a year for the next 70 years

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

precision posted:

do you have any idea how bad you would feel tho

i ate a whole box of chex cereal in a day a couple days ago, and when i pooped i thought i was literaly dying

this was on my mind because i woke up with a craving for deviled eggs and made a dozen for lunch (so 24 halves) and ate half of them and ooof

so for 50 i'd have to... purge... at some point

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

precision posted:

what about everyone in the world? what if, if you shot the kid, everyone in the world would never be hungry again, ever.

Idk sounds like one fat kid, he's probably not long for the world. I generally stop short of encouraging worldwide cannibalism though!

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Lucky Guy posted:

I feel like, if you don't already know who you're supposed to kill, you shouldn't be trusted with time travel

I'm just going back till I'm like 8

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

precision posted:

would you do it
Yes
Have you not watched the Star trek movies?

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
that's easy.

a hundred dollars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Spinz posted:

It's to go back in time

do you realize that, out of all the characters in the motion picture napoleon dynamite, you most embody uncle rico???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nksnCdNcbjw

:)