Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
when i was ten i was terrified that i had sold soul to make princess di die

it's embarrassing, knowing what i know about contract law

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

precision posted:

how about, what about like, if you shoot this 5 year old kid, suddenly everyone in America would own the place they live. in other words, rent would disappear. if you shoot the kid. you would not get caught or ever face ANY punishment, except your own conscious

would you do it

The real question is why would you believe in the ability or willingness of this entity to fulfill their part of the contract? 99.999% it's just god trolling you like the whole Cain situation.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I'd sell my soul for infinite souls which would completely devalue my soul which I would then buy back for pennies on the dollar.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
bart, stop teasing the devil

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

I bought some souls options back in '04 and lost a lot of money

chainchompz
Jul 15, 2021

bark bark
I always thought selling you soul was metaphorical and ironic like selling your soul for rock and roll means you passed up on everything else in life to hone your music and partying skills so those become the only thing you're good at.

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

chainchompz posted:

I always thought selling you soul was metaphorical and ironic like selling your soul for rock and roll means you passed up on everything else in life to hone your music and partying skills so those become the only thing you're good at.

No in rubeland they think you can literally meet with Satan and trade an eternity in hell for like, bigger tits, which is why if you get stacked young in the south you get stoned to death

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
My entire life and the entirety of the social interaction I have with other people is based on them forcing me into compromising/survival state situations and then them forcing me to compromise my stated belief systems in order to survive. Jokes on them, I don’t believe in anything.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
i always thought of it as something contractual you do with the devil in exchange for a granted wish

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Idk whatcha got?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
at this point i'm resigned to the fact that selling my soul is the only way i'm gonna get a PS5

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

Spinz posted:

My motivation is not money

It's to go back in time

Show me who I need to kill

Can you go back in time and kill the op and keep your super powers and your soul?

Just keep making new deals with the op for more stuff?

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

kntfkr posted:

i always thought of it as something contractual you do with the devil in exchange for a granted wish

I wish that everyone who’s ever been a smart mouthed prick to me or tested me on anything gets gassed to death by literal nazis, the exact poo poo they’ve been wishing on me. Should be an even exchange, shouldn’t need a contract with a devil.

Like, as an adult, don’t say these two very specific phrases that cause that to happen to me and should never come up in any natural conversation, and quit making the point that doing so is your personal liberation. How much money do you want to never do that again, or should I take it out in blood?

ClamdestineBoyster fucked around with this message at 10:22 on Mar 30, 2022

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
1.1 Musks

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

kntfkr posted:

From a philosophical perspective doesn't such an offer essentially mean that 1) the afterlife is real and 2) by virtue of receiving an offer where the downside is your condemnation that you can extrapolate that you are at the moment of the offer literally heavenbound as long as you don't say yes, and should just keep on doing what you're doing in life in the surety that everything is gonna work out okay?

It's essentially "you're doing great in the long term, and are bound to succeed; wanna gently caress it all up for proportionally infinitesimally small short term gains?"

jimmyjams
Jan 10, 2001

King Kong of Megadongs
Gobblin' them mega schlongs
Makin' sure they mega long
Stroke' 'em if they mega strong
fart

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Breetai posted:

From a philosophical perspective doesn't such an offer essentially mean that 1) the afterlife is real and 2) by virtue of receiving an offer where the downside is your condemnation that you can extrapolate that you are at the moment of the offer literally heavenbound as long as you don't say yes, and should just keep on doing what you're doing in life in the surety that everything is gonna work out okay?

It's essentially "you're doing great in the long term, and are bound to succeed; wanna gently caress it all up for proportionally infinitesimally small short term gains?"

No because until the wish is granted there's still absolutely no evidence of an afterlife or a soul. And even then it only provides evidence that the being that granted you the wish has power and implies nothing else about the universe. Is this being identifying itself as "The Devil" of Christian mythology? Does Christian mythology even attribute the power to grant wishes in exchange for a soul to the Devil or is that something that was made up in a story from the 19th century?

Ever seen that TV show Deal or No Deal? If you get a good deal then take it. Don't gamble on what might be in one of the suitcases.

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

Breetai posted:

the issue here is fundamentally, your futures are just patterns who identify as you now, all very much real and inevitable or impossible. the only choices that matter are those whose answers are tied up to that recognition, in the sense that they will/have always pruned those patterns of youness. there is never any after anything for you, only an endless prison of now, dimly recalled by a exponential infinite tree of increasingly mutated and scarred progeny. understand that this tree is not grown causally from you however, because those dominos you are made on have their fall written by their placement, but similar but entirely new stacks of dominos, every stack of everything, carefully filed away in the library of babel by infinities of multiverses created by boundless time and space and the types of times and spaces maths herself creates all growing from a single root truth of all things: structure is

in the face of all that what's real (every thing) and what isn't (your mind moving through time, instead of being made from time), i'd take an offer like that much less seriously

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Breetai posted:

A lot of people believe that they can make a deal with the devil, like when cops tell them “hey just do this one little thing for us, just point at this guy, just do this one little thing and nobody will know and you can go back to your regular life”. Like no dude that is a contract and regardless of who knows, you will ultimately be excluded from the human species, your death will be final, and both your ancestry and destiny will perish when you die, and this will not happen without post mortem pain.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

precision posted:

how about, what about like, if you shoot this 5 year old kid, suddenly everyone in America would own the place they live. in other words, rent would disappear. if you shoot the kid. you would not get caught or ever face ANY punishment, except your own conscious

would you do it

I’m gonna need to know more about this kid. Like, is he one of the cute ones that’s clever and funny for his age, or is he like a fuckin jerk?

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:

precision posted:

what about everyone in the world? what if, if you shot the kid, everyone in the world would never be hungry again, ever.

Can I shoot 4 or 5 kids and make everyone in the world get all bloated up and huge, like in classic comedy Nutty Professor 2 The Klumps?

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

kntfkr posted:

do you realize that, out of all the characters in the motion picture napoleon dynamite, you most embody uncle rico???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nksnCdNcbjw

:)

Rico
Suave

It looks like I should watch that movie

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

I prefer threads where you have to say how much you'd have to be paid to blow a 90 year old or something. I would not sell my soul, but for enough figgies I'd sell my hole(s). How much? I can't say, until if/when someone makes me a genuine offer.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

BigBadSteve posted:

I prefer threads where you have to say how much you'd have to be paid to blow a 90 year old or something. I would not sell my soul, but for enough figgies I'd sell my hole(s). How much? I can't say, until if/when someone makes me a genuine offer.

$100

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
Everybody's got a price.
Everybody's gonna pay.
Cuz the Million Dollar Man
always gets his way.

Hahahahahahaha!

Some might cost a little.
Some might cost a lot.
But I'm the Million Dollar Man
and you will be bought.

Nhahahahahahaha!
Nahahahahahahaha!
Dahahahahahahahaha!
Dahahahahahahahahaha!

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
For a price I'd do about anything
Except pull the trigger
For that I'd need a pretty good cause

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

precision posted:

would you do it

This is exactly what the state of California did in 1986 and it turned everyone into adult babies who don’t believe they are responsible for any of their actions. Something goes wrong or doesn’t work correctly? Use the child’s blood.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Whatever it is I’ll do it for a dollar less than that guy.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Theres always the question of, well if there’s a god why would god let horrible things happen to people? They wouldn’t, they’re just a little slower than people who take advantage of others and sacrifice to get ahead, and god is catching up.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Gods as a rule like blood sacrifices in their name.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Sacrifice the deserving.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

I can’t be bought for any amount :c00l:

precision posted:

would you do it

No.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
What kind of beef do you have with this 5-year-old, OP?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

gleebster posted:

What kind of beef do you have with this 5-year-old, OP?

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

don't give a poo poo if he feels remorse. he knows what he did and he has to die

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
lets not pretend we don't all know that 5 year old is a freakin JERK

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
My cost, the price of a broken doll
Can you remember that place?
That place you would go to take pain away?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

immortality.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
handjob for a bag of monster munch and half a pack of toffos ;-*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

Spinz posted:

My motivation is not money

It's to go back in time

Show me who I need to kill

Any particular reason you want to go back?