Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Der Meister posted:

has anyone considered ignoring them

Texas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mothmansplainer
Apr 2, 2020

Der Meister posted:

has anyone considered ignoring them

this is already happening in more and more red states

Jimong5
Oct 3, 2005

If history is to change, let it change! If the world is to be destroyed, so be it! If my fate is to be destroyed... I must simply laugh!!
Grimey Drawer
I thought years ago after the enemy combatants ruling, what's stopping the president from declaring his opponents enemy combatants and detaining them in gitmo indefinitely. Apparently the answer is nothing lol.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Jimong5 posted:

I thought years ago after the enemy combatants ruling, what's stopping the president from declaring his opponents enemy combatants and detaining them in gitmo indefinitely. Apparently the answer is nothing lol.

Noooo the answer is :decorum:

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Jimong5 posted:

at some point i was watching cnn or meet the press or something and the guy insisting that trumps presidential immunity theory was hokum brought up obamas ordering osama bin ladens assassination for reasons not at all clear to me i think he was trying to give a platonic example for why presidential immunity is good

it didnt seem to occur to him at all that obama just arbitrarily killing whoever he pleased without even a pretense of oversight actually backs up trumps argument and the only especially absurd part about these assassination hypotheticals in trumps case is that theyre implicitly being used in relation to white people in the united states