Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

Der Meister posted:

how is she acting that way at all

When she wears her special illegitimacy brocade, while she is delivering her fieriest dissents or asking her most pointed questions in oral arguments, that brocade indicates that the institution has no legitimacy today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

I'm not a lawyer but where I live we recently went through some redistricting legal drama along these same lines. My strong guess here is that there is no requirement to have "majority Black" districts, but rather that there should be two districts where Black people get to elect the candidate of their choice. There's some math going on there, and it depends on the makeup of the rest of the district, but you can have 40% or 45% Black districts that historically would have been able to elect the candidates supported by the Black vote. My guess is that they will try to argue in court that they have created such a district.

So be careful how you talk about this! In my own city, the phony "requirement" that the districts be strictly majority Black, not considering that a less-Black district would have elected its preferred candidate, was used essentially for packing. The difference between 3 50% Black districts and 3 45% Black districts with another 25% Black district is pretty significant.

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

Here's the update, an online Catholic charter school in OK:

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/06/05/us/oklahoma-first-religious-charter-school-in-the-us.html

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

mila kunis posted:

At least they're trying to hobble trump through lawfare

Trump said he'd lock Hillary up but was too lazy to even attempt a follow through. Even if you don't succeed, trying to proscribe your enemies is a worthy act

Thank god that the Democrats are trying to hobble Trump through lawfare. These efforts might be key to getting the senile genocidal rapist Joe Biden elected President!